Serbian Kings - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 17:55 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Dinamo Zagreb, Croatian National Team
Serbian Kings

Just browsing through the internet I found this interesting site http://www.wegm.com/coins/milutin.htm about Serbian Kings. Apperantly it says that King Stefan Uros II Milutin 1282-1321 was a child molester/pedophile, he married his fourth wife when he was in his 40's and she was only 11 :eekani: well I'll let you just look at the link yourselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 18:01
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Lazio, Blackburn, Ajax, Italy
I bet I can find a site that claims that Jesus was a child molester too. Doesn't make it true, though. Is the view of the site that you mention supported by any respected historians?

“But we're a university! We have to have a library!" said Ridcully. "It adds tone. What sort of people would we be if we didn't go into the library?"

"Students," said Senior Wrangler morosely.”
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 19:24
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Red Star , Srbija
I'm assuming it's just another showing of his inferiority complex, but I really don't want to know.

This message is hidden because CroatTommy is on your ignore list.

:thmbup: :thmbup:

The truth about Sinisa Mihajlovic and his destruction of the Serbian NT

Crvena zvezda - The Greatest EE Club of all time

Nerazzurri4life: Those Red Star fans are truly astonishing.
Demandred: First, I just have to say the Red Star fans were absolutely amazing, incredible atmosphere

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 19:39
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
What's the point of this thread? This will obviously just start another fight. Maybe you shouldn't post any more threads about Serbia CroatTommy.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 20:38
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Star Player

Teams: Inter
Croattommy,

#1 - Marriage had to be consumated in those times to prevent complications later on. If you knew anything about history you would know strategic marriages were made to consolidate power between kingdoms and families and that these marriages had to be consummated. In fact, King Henry VIII of England was able to annul his marriage to Catherine of Aragon, based on the argument that they did not consummate their marriage. This eventually led to the Henry marrying Anne Boleyn and splitting England from church in Rome (there is much more to this, long story).

#2 - A quick history lesson for you, since you always seem to be talking about the past.

Historians use primary sources such as eye-witness accounts, letters, diaries, speeches and census data or hard evidence such as art or archeological remains to gain insights on the past.

Secondary sources such as scholarly books, academic journals reflect on and give an interpretation on the primary sources listed above. A history text book for example isn't the "truth" about what happened in the past it simply shows what the author believes happened through his research of primary sources. A textbook would be useful as a primary source to judge the authors worldview and the general view of the past at time the book was written. For example I could use you posts on here as primary source to write a paper on your world view.

Furthermore you have to be very careful when working with any primary or secondary source as many are biased (such as your posts), mislead unintentionally or leave out very important pieces of information.

A random internet link is unacceptable in any academic institution and and no historian relies on such material.

As graduate student in History, I'm a little sick of reading your "history" lessons on here. You should really stop trying to pass off the garbage you post here as concrete evidence of the past as it is biased, and next to useless.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 20:46
BANNED!
Legend

Teams: Argentina, Russia, Greece, Israel, Czech Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman2k
Croattommy,

#1 - Marriage had to be consumated in those times to prevent complications later on. If you knew anything about history you would know strategic marriages were made to consolidate power between kingdoms and families and that these marriages had to be consummated. In fact, King Henry VIII of England was able to annul his marriage to Catherine of Aragon, based on the argument that they did not consummate their marriage. This eventually led to the Henry marrying Anne Boleyn and splitting England from church in Rome (there is much more to this, long story).

#2 - A quick history lesson for you, since you always seem to be talking about the past.

Historians use primary sources such as eye-witness accounts, letters, diaries, speeches and census data or hard evidence such as art or archeological remains to gain insights on the past.

Secondary sources such as scholarly books, academic journals reflect on and give an interpretation on the primary sources listed above. A history text book for example isn't the "truth" about what happened in the past it simply shows what the author believes happened through his research of primary sources. A textbook would be useful as a primary source to judge the authors worldview and the general view of the past at time the book was written. For example I could use you posts on here as primary source to write a paper on your world view.

Furthermore you have to be very careful when working with any primary or secondary source as many are biased (such as your posts), mislead unintentionally or leave out very important pieces of information.

A random internet link is unacceptable in any academic institution and and no historian relies on such material.

As graduate student in History, I'm a little sick of reading your "history" lessons on here. You should really stop trying to pass off the garbage you post here as concrete evidence of the past as it is biased, and next to useless.

Bravo Roman.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 21:06
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
some people here will never learn it
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 22:40 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Marriage had to be consumated in those times to prevent complications later on.
He couldn't wait a few years? lol

Quote:
In fact, King Henry VIII of England was able to annul his marriage to Catherine of Aragon, based on the argument that they did not consummate their marriage. This eventually led to the Henry marrying Anne Boleyn and splitting England from church in Rome (there is much more to this, long story).
Yes yes Serbs and English the same thing, we know.

Quote:
I never said I was an expert on history(a vast topic), I just claim to know a bit more about Croatian history and our constant struggle for freedom, and if that involves portraying Serbs(oppressors of Croats and others in the area) in a bad light, then so be it. I don't think the site I posted the link to was anti-Serbian at all, and it definetly wasn't Croatian in origin that is why I found it intersting, if you didn't, then disprove it, I don't care.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 23:03
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

And whatever the hell CT was crapping on about, bravo Roman2k! :thmbup:

Demandred: First, I just have to say the Red Star fans were absolutely amazing, incredible atmosphere
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 23:07
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Serbians marrying 11 year olds? no shock there, let me guess, did the guy have a big ass beard and and have ahuge cross on his chest
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 23:11
World Class Player
World Class Player

Teams: Arsenal, Watford, UK NTs, and dozens more.
Quote:
In fact, King Henry VIII of England was able to annul his marriage to Catherine of Aragon, based on the argument that they did not consummate their marriage. This eventually led to the Henry marrying Anne Boleyn and splitting England from church in Rome (there is much more to this, long story).
Whilst you're right about the rest of the consummation bit, you're wrong about this. Had Henry VIII and Catherine or Aragon never consummated their marriage, they would have had a rather boring 24 years together, and there would have been some nervous glances towards Ye Olde Milkman regarding the infant Mary.

Consummation did play a key role in the affair, but in a more indirect way. Henry VIII argued that he couldn't have been legally married to Catherine of Aragon, as she had previously been the wife of Henry's elder brother Arthur, who had since died. However, it was the Pope that argued that Catherine was never married to Arthur on the grounds that Catherine and Arthur had never consummated the marriage. If that was true (which it may have been), Catherine and Arthur were never legally married, so Henry couldn't have his marriage to Catherine annulled.

As it happens, Henry decided that the Pope's views were wrong (both on the matter of the marriage and on whether West Brom would stay up), gave him the old heave-ho, and got his best friend (coincidentally the Archbishop of Canterbury) to annul the marriage for him. Thus, Mary was a bastard, Lady Jane Grey was the rightful queen after Edward VI, the Stuarts never would have come to the throne, and the United Kingdom wouldn't exist today. ARGH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroatTommy
Yes yes Serbs and English the same thing, we know.
That's made up my mind. SERB-EE-AH! SERB-EE-AH!

Glen: "That last post of Bastin's is just too authoritative to argue against."

gOD: "It scares the f*ck out of me but I'm with Bastin here."

Cacěni: "Ah, there you go using that absurd über-memory of your's...not fair."

Boyo: "Even when it comes to rap, Bastin is an authority."

Attila_the_Nun: "A most respected scion of Misty Albion, the illustious Bastin - the redoubtable defender of all our noble traditions."

Humbird: "Bastin is very attractive when talking nautical! "
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 23:17
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Lazio, Blackburn, Ajax, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by red star forever

And whatever the hell CT was crapping on about, bravo Roman2k! :thmbup:
OK, we understood that the guy is in you ignore list, no need to post after every one of his posts in order to proclaim that fact yet again. Just ignore him.

“But we're a university! We have to have a library!" said Ridcully. "It adds tone. What sort of people would we be if we didn't go into the library?"

"Students," said Senior Wrangler morosely.”
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 23:20
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomander Rake
OK, we understood that the guy is in you ignore list, no need to post after every one of his posts in order to proclaim that fact yet again. Just ignore him.
I'm emphasizing the fact that an idiot like himself deserves no other reply and no other attention. Just like he is emphasizing his obsession with his superior eastern neighbours.

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 23:30
Thought Criminal
Legend

Teams: Croatia
Quote:
Originally Posted by red star forever
I'm emphasizing the fact that an idiot like himself deserves no other reply and no other attention. Just like he is emphasizing his obsession with his superior eastern neighbours.
...in turn making yourself look like an idiot.....
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 23:39
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevapcici kid
...in turn making yourself look like an idiot.....
No thanks. I have no intention of following your path.

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 23:43
International

Teams: Red Star Belgrade, Serbia
This is the 3rd anti Serb thread that Croat Tommy has started in a week.

Surely something must be done about this. Xtratime needs to show consistency.

Do something. This is getting beyond a joke.

"Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 23:45
International

Teams: Red Star Belgrade, Serbia
Quote:
Croattommy,

Thanks.

"Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2005, 00:21
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
Quote:

Who are you and why do you think CroatTommy or anyone else cares that you think his informative posts are "garbage"?!!?

If you don't like it, don't read it and kindly post in a thread you have a clue about. Now run along...

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2005, 00:23
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Star Player

Teams: Inter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastin
Whilst you're right about the rest of the consummation bit, you're wrong about this. Had Henry VIII and Catherine or Aragon never consummated their marriage, they would have had a rather boring 24 years together, and there would have been some nervous glances towards Ye Olde Milkman regarding the infant Mary.

Consummation did play a key role in the affair, but in a more indirect way. Henry VIII argued that he couldn't have been legally married to Catherine of Aragon, as she had previously been the wife of Henry's elder brother Arthur, who had since died. However, it was the Pope that argued that Catherine was never married to Arthur on the grounds that Catherine and Arthur had never consummated the marriage. If that was true (which it may have been), Catherine and Arthur were never legally married, so Henry couldn't have his marriage to Catherine annulled.

As it happens, Henry decided that the Pope's views were wrong (both on the matter of the marriage and on whether West Brom would stay up), gave him the old heave-ho, and got his best friend (coincidentally the Archbishop of Canterbury) to annul the marriage for him. Thus, Mary was a bastard, Lady Jane Grey was the rightful queen after Edward VI, the Stuarts never would have come to the throne, and the United Kingdom wouldn't exist today. ARGH!
That's made up my mind. SERB-EE-AH! SERB-EE-AH!
Thank you for clarifying. I briefly read about this a while ago while doing some reading on Sir Thomas More. He was against the divorce of Catherine, against Henry VIII's split from Rome and refused to support the Oath of Supremacy/Act of Succession. Regardless, I'm just proving a point, that consumation played an important in role confirming marriage in Medieval Europe.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2005, 00:30 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
This is the 3rd anti Serb thread that Croat Tommy has started in a week
I don't see how this is anti-Serb. The first thread was anti-Greater Serbia, and it clearly shows that, please read it, if you are not a Greater Serbian Cetnik, then you would not have been angered by it. The second thread was asking why the first was closed down(due to Cetnik provocations from the likes of rsf and Andrija who despite ignoring me replied to each of my posts ), and this final one is just to make you guys wonder who your leaders were(in this case child molester). If you guys find out that the site I posted has a Croatian bias or something anti-Serbian please let me know, as far as I know it doesn't(I could be wrong sometimes ) and please grow some thicker skin, you shouldn't let a historical no nothing like myself affect you this much

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in