Vamos Amigos! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 04:01 Thread Starter
Nasty Woman
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Argentina, Lazio, Fiorentina
Vamos Amigos!

MAR DEL PLATA, Argentina (AP) -- "Thousands of protesters chanting "Get out Bush!" swarmed the streets of this Argentine resort on Friday.

Before dawn, thousands greeted a train bringing the last group of demonstrators from Buenos Aires, including Bolivian presidential hopeful Evo Morales and soccer great Diego Maradona, who donned a T-shirt accusing President Bush of war crimes.

Chanting "Fascist Bush! You are the terrorist!" the protesters hung from the engine and moved up the sides of the train, trying to shake hands with those inside."

_____

anyone spot the irony?

anyone?

Ah, Argentina, a welcoming home sweet home to hundreds of Nazi's after WWII, with tens of thousands still unaccounted for in the 1970's Dirty War, with one of the most inept and corrupt political and economic systems on the planet. And they still have time to complain, burn, riot and destroy their own streets of Mar Del Plata...led by coke sniffing Maradona, of all people!

But tomorrow is new day and new chance. -- Alija

Nel cielo biancazzurro brilla un'altra stella - In the lightblue sky another star shines. Alija tu non sarai mai sola. Alija you will never be alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 04:06
Legend
Legend

Teams: Partizan
As the guy what's-his-name said on CNN tonight, the media has focused on a riot by a few hundred people while mostly ignoring the thousands which demonstrated peacefully.

As for your potshot at Argentina, I find it cheap. Argentina was under a regime, no? It's not like they decided to elect fascists to run the country for 30 years straight, did they now? You can't blame the average Joe for what is done by a dictatorship now can you? Did it not occur to you that these same people might be demonstrating against their own government as well? It wasn't the military junta coming out and chanting slogans.
post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 04:09
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
argentina, also a welcoming home of 10thousands of jewish and other refugees from racist europe in the 30s, 40s and 50s..................

post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 04:13 Thread Starter
Nasty Woman
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyi
argentina, also a welcoming home of 10thousands of jewish and other refugees from racist europe in the 30s, 40s and 50s..................
I'd like to see your stats on Jewish immigration, as there was a bombing of a synagogue a few years ago that remains unsolved.

Nel cielo biancazzurro brilla un'altra stella - In the lightblue sky another star shines. Alija tu non sarai mai sola. Alija you will never be alone.
post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 04:15 Thread Starter
Nasty Woman
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrija PFC
As the guy what's-his-name said on CNN tonight, the media has focused on a riot by a few hundred people while mostly ignoring the thousands which demonstrated peacefully.

As for your potshot at Argentina, I find it cheap. Argentina was under a regime, no? It's not like they decided to elect fascists to run the country for 30 years straight, did they now? You can't blame the average Joe for what is done by a dictatorship now can you? Did it not occur to you that these same people might be demonstrating against their own government as well? It wasn't the military junta coming out and chanting slogans.
Oh, I forgot, this is Xtratime, the only cheap potshots can be taken at the USA.

my bad.

post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 04:23
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbird
I'd like to see your stats on Jewish immigration, as there was a bombing of a synagogue a few years ago that remains unsolved.
I know, that was about 7 or 8 years ago, but that is a proof that there is a huge jewish community. at the same time, there are 100s of thousands arab immigrants as well (mainly syrians and libanese), as there are also in brasil. carlos menem, the former president, was syrian, btw. sort of conflict of interests that is. jews, arabs and ex-nazis clash in one place, explosive mixture.

well, at least everyone I know has some relatives in argentina. no matter if jew, arab or nazi
post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 04:25
Xtratime Elite

I always considered you argentinan, thought you should know about the immigration stats
post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 04:26 Thread Starter
Nasty Woman
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I know, that was about 7 or 8 years ago, but that is a proof that there is a huge jewish community.
From the University of Dayton website:

The Jewish population in Argentina is estimated at two per cent. The most recent manifestations of Argentina's history of anti-Semitism include the terrorist bombings of the Israeli embassy (1992) and the Argentine Jewish Mutual Aid Association (1994), the desecration of Jewish cemeteries and the prevalence of swastikas among the graffiti on buildings (including government buildings) in Buenos Aires. Anti- Semitic attitudes are widespread among the populace, and many do not consider Jewish people to be truly Argentine. Anti-Semitism within security forces also remains a significant problem. For example, until popular agitation forced a change in 2000, a police manual contained racist and anti-Semitic expressions.

post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 04:33
Xtratime Elite

meanwhile I found this

http://www.edwardvictor.com/buenos_aires_main.htm

it says

General

Although Jews of Portuguese descent arrived in Argentina in the 1580's, the growth of Argentine Jewry into the second largest Jewish community in the western hemisphere is 20th century development. Prior to 1900, the Jewish population was less than 10,000. Today, the Jewish population is estimated at about 230,000 to 250,000. Most of the Jews in Argentina today are of Ashkenazic origin, primarily from central and eastern Europe. About 15% of the Jewish population is of Sephardic origin from Syria, Turkey and North Africa.

Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires is the capital of Argentina and is home to the vast majority of Argentine Jews. Today, the Jewish population is estimated at about 180,000.
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 04:35
Legend
Legend

Quote:
Oh, I forgot, this is Xtratime, the only cheap potshots can be taken at the USA.

my bad.
And here you are, inviting cheap shots against the US by your exemplary behaviour. Do unto others as you want others to do to unto you. Don't they repeat that in US schools ad nauseam?
post #11 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 04:38
Tim
Xtratime Legend

I did find it funny that some of the ones whining about fascism where sporting yellow stars on a red banners, and that some of the ones whining about terrorism where wearing Che shirts or carrying Che banners...
post #12 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 04:39
Xtratime Elite

at the same time, there are about 3 million argentinians with an arabic immigration background.............

quote myself? why not?

well, argentina is an immigration country, after all, you should know, as argie
post #13 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 04:40
Legend
Legend

It's a funny world.

But I fail to see what's so funny about opposing fascism, comrade!
Long live the revolution - death to fascism - freedom to the people.
Communist Party of X
post #14 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 04:41
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim
I did find it funny that some of the ones whining about fascism where sporting yellow stars on a red banners, and that some of the ones whining about terrorism where wearing Che shirts or carrying Che banners...
define the difference between fascism and terrorism, please. (the "please" is the edited part of it)
post #15 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 04:59 Thread Starter
Nasty Woman
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

MAR DEL PLATA, Argentina - More than 1,000 demonstrators angry about President Bush's policies clashed with police, shattered storefronts and torched businesses Friday, marring the inauguration of the Summit of the Americas as leaders began debating creation of one of the world's largest free trade zones.

Brilliant! Great! Destroy the stores and property of other hardworking Argentinians! You morons!

Mexican President Vicente Fox said the FTAA proposal would move forward anyway because 29 of the 34 nations taking part in the summit were considering cobbling together their own FTAA — without opponents Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay.

Good! Leave them out.

Argentine President Nestor Kirchner was critical of the United States during the summit, saying Latin America will no longer tolerate American meddling. Kirchner said past American policy "not only generated misery and poverty but also a great social tragedy that added to institutional instability in the region, provoking the fall of democratically elected governments."

But no mention of the corruption that has infiltrated the Argentinian government for decades.

As leaders inaugurated the two-day summit to work out their differences on free trade, a smaller group of protesters threatened a barricade of riot police, prompting authorities to fire tear gas into the crowd.
The protesters, armed with large wooden clubs, began smashing storefront windows and setting at least one bank on fire just outside the gated summit security zone. One restaurant with anti-Bush posters plastered across its windows was untouched.

Viva la Revolucion! If you don't understand it, set it on fire! If someone has made a success of his business, set it on fire!

Car sirens wailed and residents — including elderly people and children — fled as protesters launched rocks with slingshots and threw sharpened sticks at police. They also set fire to U.S. flags, using them as fuel for bonfires.

Idiotas.

Ramon Madrid, a hotel manager, hurriedly closed up.

"I don't like Bush, but this is too much. There is no need for violence," Madrid said.

Anti-American protests also turned violent elsewhere as demonstrators attacked U.S. interests in other Argentine cities. Four police officers were injured in Rosario in clashes that followed an attack on a branch of U.S.-based Citibank.

In neighboring Uruguay, hooded protesters chanting anti-Bush slogans attacked a series of bank buildings, shops and shattered windows in an outburst swiftly quelled by riot police. Leftist groups were blamed.

There's no point even trying to talk to these people.

post #16 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 05:05
Xtratime Elite

Quote:

Brilliant! Great! Destroy the stores and property of other hardworking Argentinians! You morons!

If someone has made a success of his business, set it on fire!

There's no point even trying to talk to this people.

I wonder why they destroy things of their own system while protesting against an other.
post #17 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 05:07
Legend
Legend

I bet it's the same group of protesters that shows up at every summit, the small group of "anarchists". They're actually quite a blessing for "the establishment" - as long as these dolts take on all the attention, a 100,000 people could demonstrate for legitimate reasons and be completely ignored, or even worse, be placed in the same basket with the vandals.
post #18 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 05:08 Thread Starter
Nasty Woman
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I wonder why they destroy things of their own system while protesting against an other.
Because it's easy! That's why. It takes no thought, no work, nothing. Just grab a club and start swinging.

post #19 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 05:12
Xtratime Elite

in berlin, we have every year at may 1st a couple of demonstrations against/for a couple of things. 10thousands of people on the street every time, 99% of them peaceful. I guess it works like this. it' s always the same
200 - 300 anarchist rioters who cause the whole problems. and it' s always them who get showed in the news. simple as it is, it has the same methods all over the world, unfortunately.
post #20 of 74 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 06:05 Thread Starter
Nasty Woman
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I am proud to be an Argentine who can travel in this train to oppose the human rubbish that Bush is," said Maradona, who led Argentina to victory in the 1986 World Cup.

It takes one to know one.

Maradona ought to know about being human rubbish. He's spent the last few years of his life snorting cocaine, kissing Fidel Castro's ass, and abandoning his child.

Last edited by Humbird; November 5th, 2005 at 06:15.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in