East Germany Sport - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 01:57 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Legend

Teams: Argentina, Russia, Greece, Israel, Czech Republic
East Germany Sport

Last edited by Purger; October 23rd, 2009 at 06:56.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:10
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
http://lexikon.freenet.de/DDR-Sport

http://www.sport-ddr-roeder.de/

these pages may help you. they are in german, though.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:38
Premier Player

Teams: Ehh guess...
Here we go, another DDR nostalig. Here is another link for you.

http://www.mauermuseum.de/

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 08:04
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungaria
Here we go, another DDR nostalig. Here is another link for you.

http://www.mauermuseum.de/

come on hungy, don't be so harsh. he probably wants to research something about the doping world power "ddr sport". it is an interesting subject, after all. and one can't deny the success they had even in football (where doping is not the factor) in the 70s and 80s in uefa cup and so. they had a quite competitive school sport system, probably the best in the communist world those days. in the 90s and even now, many of the german nt players raised in those ddr sport centres.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 08:29
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyi
come on hungy, don't be so harsh. he probably wants to research something about the doping world power "ddr sport".
Maybe so im just a little sensitive regarding thiis issue.

Quote:
it is an interesting subject, after all. and one can't deny the success they had even in football (where doping is not the factor)
Escpecially not in 1954

Quote:
in the 70s and 80s in uefa cup and so. they had a quite competitive school sport system, probably the best in the communist world those days. in the 90s and even now, many of the german nt players raised in those ddr sport centres.
Yes they took 5 year olds and put them in boot camps until they were old enough to be sent to the battelfield of world cups and olympics. It wasnt sport it was a civil military training and quite a lot destroyed and stolen childhoods.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 11:32
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Maybe so im just a little sensitive regarding thiis issue.
Escpecially not in 1954
have you been to DDR? me not. but I live on its former territory. the virtual wall is just 200 m away.

1954 was that other dictatorship.

however, still interesting item, especially when its about civil boot camps, or military training stations. I wonder how they could succeed in football, as in this sport completely other preconditions are required. (doping is useless, hormonic tzreatments as well, and how could they choose if a 5 years old is talented)
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 11:38
Xtratime Elite

and they were not all in camps from 5 years, as far as I know every school in the country was involved in the sport system, so if one looked like a talent in some branch, he got the "special treatment" (thought you might like the expression)
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 14:38
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
it is an interesting subject, after all. and one can't deny the success they had even in football (where doping is not the factor) .
Yes, that is a sweeping statement. Their West German cousins in 1954 against Hungary were so drugged up to the eyeballs that some needed hospital treatment, so it's possible that DDR football may have 'experimented'.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 16:01
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila_the_Nun
Yes, that is a sweeping statement. Their West German cousins in 1954 against Hungary were so drugged up to the eyeballs that some needed hospital treatment, so it's possible that DDR football may have 'experimented'.
you say things I like to hear but never dare to express as I would get bashed for as being a biased conspiracy theoretic etc. although it is nothing but the truth

what I wanted to say, though, is that in football it is not as easy (if possible at all) to improve one's performances as it is in athletics for instance where the testosteron overdosed ladies with moustaches collected dozens of goldmedals on behalf of the DDR. I don't think some muscle growth improving substances would help a football player score more goals or make better freekicks.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 18:38
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
you say things I like to hear but never dare to express as I would get bashed for as being a biased conspiracy theoretic etc. although it is nothing but the truth

what I wanted to say, though, is that in football it is not as easy (if possible at all) to improve one's performances as it is in athletics for instance where the testosteron overdosed ladies with moustaches collected dozens of goldmedals on behalf of the DDR. I don't think some muscle growth improving substances would help a football player score more goals or make better freekicks.
Well it's possible that the West Germany team kicking Hungary off the park in the 8-3 defeat in the group stages weakened the Hungary team for the final, but I know the supicious press were denied access to the 'winning' side.
I think an amphetamine-based substance like MDMA/Ecstasy would help in a football match because of the increased energy and confidence levels.
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 20:27
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Well it's possible that the West Germany team kicking Hungary off the park in the 8-3 defeat in the group stages weakened the Hungary team for the final, but I know the supicious press were denied access to the 'winning' side.
I think an amphetamine-based substance like MDMA/Ecstasy would help in a football match because of the increased energy and confidence levels.
no doubt it helps in one match (as it is proven for thje 54 final), but how could teams like lok leipzig or fc karl-marx-stadt could advance in european cups up to semi-finals or finals with such substances? there they need some constant level of those drugs, + a little bit of skill, too.

to tell the truth, I also think that there were more factors in 54 that played a role, one of which the hungarian "disease" (we are born to loose)
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2005, 13:06
BANNED!
Star Player

Yes, that's true, and Carl Zeiss Jena struggled to win their Cup-Winners-Cup Quarter-Final against mighty....
....Newport County (Wales).
If they were on illegal substances they should ask for their money back.

Are there any supporters of Dynamo Berlin on here? I'd love to hear more stories of how the Stasi endsured they got the best players and referees. I think a referee awarded a penalty against them and found his daughter had been kicked out of music school as a result, but it may be just a legend.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2005, 14:41
Premier Player

Quote:
have you been to DDR? me not. but I live on its former territory. the virtual wall is just 200 m away.
Been there many times i can even pin point to the second when i was there the last, 1990-10-02 23:59:59, then it just disappeared under my feets to where it belong, the crapheap of history.

Quote:
however, still interesting item, especially when its about civil boot camps, or military training stations. I wonder how they could succeed in football, as in this sport completely other preconditions are required. (doping is useless, hormonic tzreatments as well, and how could they choose if a 5 years old is talented)
Sure its interresting as a research project. As for those 5 years olds well i dont know, trial and error maybe, mesing up peoples lifes was quite irrelevant in the efforts to show the superiority and greatness of socialsm.
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2005, 16:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Quote:
Been there many times i can even pin point to the second when i was there the last, 1990-10-02 23:59:59, then it just disappeared under my feets to where it belong, the crapheap of history.

Sure its interresting as a research project. As for those 5 years olds well i dont know, trial and error maybe, mesing up peoples lifes was quite irrelevant in the efforts to show the superiority and greatness of socialsm.
Try and keep politics out of this. Incidentally, the Western nations seem content to take players like Messi out of their country at a young age to make them play football don't they?
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2005, 16:24
Premier Player

I forgive you, you were not even 2 years old whem communism collapsed in central and eastern europe.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2005, 18:47
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Yes, that's true, and Carl Zeiss Jena struggled to win their Cup-Winners-Cup Quarter-Final against mighty....
....Newport County (Wales).
If they were on illegal substances they should ask for their money back.

Are there any supporters of Dynamo Berlin on here? I'd love to hear more stories of how the Stasi endsured they got the best players and referees. I think a referee awarded a penalty against them and found his daughter had been kicked out of music school as a result, but it may be just a legend.
newport county was probably not their only rival, was it?

dynamo berlin supporters? here?
more than unlikely. like supporters of most of the former ddr-clubs, dynamo supporters represent a certain political tendency combined with a certain hair cut. dynamo berlin fans are said to be the most violent and radical groups of those. all this doesn't fit too well with activities on an international, non-germanic speaking football board.

to those legends: most of them are true. it didn't happen accidentally that they won 10 championships in a row, getting always the best players from all over the country. mielke was a man with influence.
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2005, 18:56
Xtratime Elite

Quote:

and it IS obviously a research project of purger. your alarm clocks rang too quick this time
:smileani:

have you special relations with germany, btw?

I first touched former ddr soil in 1999, I got stucked ever since, well, berlin (ost) of today is not really reminding east-germany at all. it is not even reminding west germany or germany as such. it's still an island surrounded by strange territories (brandenburg) and probably one of the most liberal and tolerant places in today's world. interesting how history can make such complete turn-arounds.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2005, 19:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Quote:
I forgive you, you were not even 2 years old whem communism collapsed in central and eastern europe.
Does that not qualify to comment me to qualify on the issue? I can refer to historical texts if I wish. Besides, this is about Sport, not politics, as stated.

And by the way, you were here at XT after me, so I'll forgive you for criticising me :rollani: Age means nothing fool.
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2005, 19:58
Rising Star

Teams: K.V. Turnhout
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger
Does anybody know about web-sites where I can find out how many medals East Germany won at the Olyimpic Games and other competitions,who their best and most famous sportsman and women were and so on?
go to the Olympic pages on Wikipedia
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2005, 20:08
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
dynamo berlin supporters? here?
more than unlikely. like supporters of most of the former ddr-clubs, dynamo supporters represent a certain political tendency combined with a certain hair cut. dynamo berlin fans are said to be the most violent and radical groups of those. all this doesn't fit too well with activities on an international, non-germanic speaking football board.
I thought in DDR days people watched Dynamo Berlin to laugh at the biased refereeing in their favour - a bit like Man Utd, Dynamo Kiev and Juventus in recent times.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in