Khazaria 652-1016 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2005, 23:27 Thread Starter
Player & XT resident clown
Rising Star

Khazaria 652-1016

This has been the only country with the most tolerant society in the history where 4 religions (Jews, Christians, Muslims and Shamans) had lived in the peace for 200-300 years.

http://www.khazaria.com/

A part from the main page:

Medieval Kingdom of Khazaria, 652-1016
Over a thousand years ago, the far east of Europe was ruled by Jewish kings who presided over numerous tribes, including their own tribe: the Turkic Khazars. After their conversion, the Khazar people used Jewish personal names, spoke and wrote in Hebrew, were circumcised, had synagogues and rabbis, studied the Torah and Talmud, and observed Hanukkah, Pesach, and the Sabbath. The Khazars were an advanced civilization with one of the most tolerant societies of the medieval period. It hosted merchants from all over Asia and Europe. On these pages it is hoped that you may learn more about this fascinating culture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2005, 01:29
Rising Star

It's really a shame that the Russians (not the modern Russia state) destroyed them. :frownani:
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2005, 03:20
Xtratime Legend
Xtratime Legend

Teams: PAOK and Parma
I'd say that modern Europe (most of it) and USA are as tolerant.

Love is the drug, and I'm a junkie.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2005, 12:41
Xtratime Allstar
World Class Player

Teams: Gli Azzurri and AC Milan.
Khazaria was eventually wiped out from the map after Slavic and Mongol invasions. The name Russia is considered to come from the Norse viking Rurik that set down in Novgorod around 860, his tribe was said to be called the Russians. First real Russian state was formed around 882-912 by Oleg, they expanded south and made Kiev the first Russian capital. 50 years later they become Orthodox Christians. It wasn't until the reign of Ivan lll 1462-1505 that the Russians got united and expelled the Tatars/Mongols and became a strong independet nation, ready to expand.

"I think my greatest ambition in life is to pass on to others what I know"

"May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine"

"The best revenge is massive success"

Frank Sinatra

"There are as many opinions as there are experts"

Franklin Delano Roosevelt
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2005, 13:33
International

Teams: Beşiktaş &Turkey, Azerbaijan
Being between the Islam and (orthodox)Christianity, Khazars choose to stay neutral and became Jewish. I also read someware that most of the easteren european jews was descendents of the Khazars. I am not sure about that though....
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2005, 16:32
Premier Player
Premier Player

Teams: AC Milan, Levski Sofia
Nick, Russia united under one crown during the reign of Alexander Nevsky, who was appointed by the Tatar invaders a knias of Moscow and Kiev (after being chosen by the veche of Novgorod, prior to this). Of course, his status was a vassal as the invaders really aimed the southern regions of Europe for plunder.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2005, 16:35
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasko
Being between the Islam and (orthodox)Christianity, Khazars choose to stay neutral and became Jewish. I also read someware that most of the easteren european jews was descendents of the Khazars. I am not sure about that though....
Most of Poland's Jews were descended from the Jews evicted from Germany after they'd been blamed for the plague. Not sure about SE Europe, Russia and Ukraine though.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2005, 11:50
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila_the_Nun
Most of Poland's Jews were descended from the Jews evicted from Germany after they'd been blamed for the plague. Not sure about SE Europe, Russia and Ukraine though.

same there. most of them also have those funny german names. rosenthal, birnbaum, etc. but more probable is a hybrid version. russian jews descend from both ashkenazic and khazarians. caucasian jews though, it is very likely for them to descend from mainly khazarian jews.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2005, 23:26
Xtratime Allstar
World Class Player

Teams: Gli Azzurri and AC Milan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giani_82
Nick, Russia united under one crown during the reign of Alexander Nevsky, who was appointed by the Tatar invaders a knias of Moscow and Kiev (after being chosen by the veche of Novgorod, prior to this). Of course, his status was a vassal as the invaders really aimed the southern regions of Europe for plunder.
What I meant was that Ivan lll gathered the Russian lands into one independent national state. They were no longer Tatar vassels and the independent republic of Novgorod ceised to exist after losing and getting under the rule of Moscow, Thus Russia got united. Ivan was called "The Great" for his archivement.

"I think my greatest ambition in life is to pass on to others what I know"

"May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine"

"The best revenge is massive success"

Frank Sinatra

"There are as many opinions as there are experts"

Franklin Delano Roosevelt
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2005, 14:38
Premier Player
Premier Player

Teams: AC Milan, Levski Sofia
Yes, with that I agree, sorry about the missunderstanding.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 19:21
Rising Star

Teams: Fenerbahce
Isreal PM Ariel Sharon is a descendent of the Khazars. So we can safely say he is a traitor

LION 0 TRAINER 6
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 21:10
Forum Manager
International

Actually, descendants of the Khazars are still living in the region, in northern Azerbaijan to be exact.

Quote:
The people living in the Turkish-style houses perched on this gentle hillside are a distinct ethnic group called Mountain Jews, the remnants of an obscure Jewish community that managed to survive intact through 2,000 years of Persian, Turkish, Russian and Soviet rule. Unlike the more European, Ashkenazi Jews of the former Soviet Union, who largely stopped practicing religion, Mountain Jews clung as tenaciously to their faith as their villages have clung to the rocky Caucasus terrain.

Where the Mountain Jews came from is a source of much scholarly speculation. Many of these Jews, who sometimes call themselves Juhuro, insist that they are descendants of Israel's Lost Tribes who began their wanderings after the destruction of Jerusalem's first temple in 722 B.C. Others say the Juhuro migrated north from Persia a mere 300 years ago, at the invitation of a local khan, or chieftain and were cut off from their cousins in Iran as the borders of empires shifted.
An altogether different theory suggests that the Juhuro are what remains of the mighty Khazar nation, an indigenous Caucasian people who converted en masse to Judaism in the eighth century, in a vain attempt to fend off Christian Russians and Islamic Arabs. In appearance, the Juhuro are indistinguishable from their Azeri neighbors, who are themselves a mix of Turkish, Persian, Arab and Caucasian stock.
Full article

I'm one of the baddest motherfvckers of all time, one of the best singers and one of the best looking motherfvckers you've ever seen. Hold my drink, bitch!

Vahid Azərbaycan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in