Bombing in Bali....Again - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 104 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2005, 09:16 Thread Starter
Thought Criminal
Legend

Teams: Croatia
Bombing in Bali....Again

It has happened again in Bali. I believe 15 aussies are dead and many more Indonesians.

Im sick of these idiots who do this stuff. I wish i could get my hands on there idiotic asses and show them what terror is.

Something has to be done about terrorists, its getting beyond a joke now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 104 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2005, 13:05
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Sadly there have been quite a few of such bombings in Indonesia, which are usually directed against Western and/or Christian targets.

28 May 2005 - two bombs explode in a crowded market in a Christian area of the city Tentena, Sulawesi, killing 20.

13 November 2004 - powerful explosion in Poso, Sulawesi, kills 5.

9 September 2004 - outside of the Australian embassy in Jakarta a suicide bomber detonates a carbomb, killing 10.

5 August 2003 - bombing of the JW Marriott hotel kills 12 people.

5 December 2002 - bombing of a McDonalds restaurant in Makkasar, killing 3.

12 October 2002 - 'the Bali bombing', killing 200.

24 December 2000 - on Christmas eve bombs go off in various Christian churches in several cities, in total killing 17.

13 September 2000 - bombing of the Jakarta stock exchange, killing 15.

21 August 2000 - bomb goes off in the residence of Fillipino ambassador in Jakarta, killing 3.

As long as people have the notion that through such attacks they advance their goals, the future will see even more of such bombings.

What to do against them? Stricter security measures can be taken, but that doesn't solve the problem. If at it's root lies a conviction that the acts of the bombers are justified and even glorious, then that's what needs to be changed.

To that effect ordinary people can do more than one might think. Shortly after the London bombings, there were quite a few people who reacted by saying the suicide bombers themselves were not really to blame, but that it was actually Bush's fault. Such twisted reasoning was expressed here on this very forum even. In effect buying right into the terrorists propaganda. And if that is the general perception, then the terrorists have been successful. They'll know it and feel encouraged to carry out yet another bombing.

Whatever one feels are the motivations of the people that carry out such bombings, it should never and under no circumstances be deemed acceptable or justified. Failure to outright condemn such acts will only lead to more attacks.

Mercedes bastard & Limburger-loving schmuck
post #3 of 104 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 08:01 Thread Starter
Thought Criminal
Legend

Blaming Bush or any other person besides the ones that made and detonated the bombs is beyond me. I dont understand how some could think like that.

If things happened in the past for these terrorsists to want payback.....Its just so wrong, killing INNOCENT people to prove your damn point. Use your brains and fight with your brain, not hiding behind society and then suddenly popping up and bombing and killing people. Just idiotic. No need for those people on this earth.

post #4 of 104 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 10:25
Star Player

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevapcici kid
Blaming Bush or any other person besides the ones that made and detonated the bombs is beyond me. I dont understand how some could think like that.

If things happened in the past for these terrorsists to want payback.....Its just so wrong, killing INNOCENT people to prove your damn point. Use your brains and fight with your brain, not hiding behind society and then suddenly popping up and bombing and killing people. Just idiotic. No need for those people on this earth.
Why hunt for a Lion, when there are sheep everywhere?

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." :smileani:
post #5 of 104 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 10:36 Thread Starter
Thought Criminal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauchito
Why hunt for a Lion, when there are sheep everywhere?
Im not sure i understand you.

What do you mean?
post #6 of 104 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 13:44
Legend

Teams: Cementarnica 55 Skopje
The result is quite opposit about what terrorists want, governmant won't include any of their claimes, and the isnald is losing much because tourists are escaping and if this will happen more often people will stop to visit Bali, and the isnad doesn't have much industry or smth ...
And many innocent people are dying

Cementarnica in Vtora Liga 2009/2010
Cementarnica - Miravci 2:0 (Kostadinovski 40'-pen. Naumcevski 43')
Belasica - Cementarnica 1:2 (Markov 24' - Donev 9'-og Trajkovski 47')
Cementarnica - 11 Oktomvri 2:1 (Jakovlevski 15' 77' - Kostadinovski 26'-og)
Cementarnica - Belasica 4:1 (Braga 23' 38' Ristovski 43' Kostadinovski 63' - Jurcevski 88')
post #7 of 104 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 15:02
Rising Star

Teams: Manchester United; SV Werder Bremen
Not everyone has to agree with the way President Bush is going about his attack on terrorism, but at least he has the guts to do something.

I would be the first to line up and say "we must correct the social and political problems that breed this type of behavior". Unfortunately, that is impossible, because all these terrorist want is every Westerner, Christian and every other infidel to die. I happen to fall into one of those catagories and am unwilling to die to make them happy.

Until the rest of the world accepts this as fact, the problem will persist. These are not some oppressed group that liberation is going to correct. These are extremist that will never be content.

The secret of happiness is to make others believe they are the cause of it.
- Al Batt -
post #8 of 104 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 15:37
BANNED!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Tricolor Paulista
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawki
I would be the first to line up and say "we must correct the social and political problems that breed this type of behavior". Unfortunately, that is impossible, because all these terrorist want is every Westerner, Christian and every other infidel to die. I happen to fall into one of those catagories and am unwilling to die to make them happy.
post #9 of 104 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 16:58
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liternit
I sincerely hope that didn't hurt Lit ...

- Al Batt -
post #10 of 104 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 17:17
Nasty Woman
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Argentina, Lazio, Fiorentina
Quote:
I sincerely hope that didn't hurt Lit ...
Bwah!

But tomorrow is new day and new chance. -- Alija

Nel cielo biancazzurro brilla un'altra stella - In the lightblue sky another star shines. Alija tu non sarai mai sola. Alija you will never be alone.
post #11 of 104 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 18:46
BANNED!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Tricolor Paulista
it did, I guess its time to quit XT when people actually think there is a Crusade going on. When are you planning to enlist for Iraq to fight the terrorism there?

Anyway as far as Bali goes someone once here in XT (a guy from bali) explained that it had very little to do with christians and muslims, he actually corrected me once I assumed it did. Its probably burried somewhere in XT

Last edited by Liternit; October 3rd, 2005 at 18:53.
post #12 of 104 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 18:54
Tim
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevapcici kid
Im not sure i understand you.

What do you mean?
He meant to say that it is much easier to be successful in carrying out your plans as a terrorist when you are targeting defenseless civilians (sheep) instead of well-defended targets (lion), even when your issues lies more with the lion than with the sheep.
post #13 of 104 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 19:39
Star Player

Teams: BRUGGE Celtic,Schalke,VCF - Belgium, Slovenia
Quote:
Not everyone has to agree with the way President Bush is going about his attack on terrorism, but at least he has the guts to do something.
Yes, he's made it worse than ever in fact. More than one terorrism expert has claimed that Iraq has become one of the biggest training grounds for terrorists these days, if not the biggest.

Quote:

Until the rest of the world accepts this as fact, the problem will persist. These are not some oppressed group that liberation is going to correct. These are extremist that will never be content.
While I tend to agree on a strong approach to terrorists like the ones who bomb Bali, Londen,... and torture people, I disagree to another part of your reasoning as well. In order to fight terrorism, not only do you have to take away their means and moving space, but their (recruiting) base as well.

'There has never been anything false about hope.' (Barack Obama)
post #14 of 104 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 19:46
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liternit
it did, I guess its time to quit XT when people actually think there is a Crusade going on. When are you planning to enlist for Iraq to fight the terrorism there?

Anyway as far as Bali goes someone once here in XT (a guy from bali) explained that it had very little to do with christians and muslims, he actually corrected me once I assumed it did. Its probably burried somewhere in XT
No one called it a Crusade, and that's just Bollocks to say so. The "war on terror" is not even against Muslims, it's against extremist that place no value on human life, will kill indiscriminately to make a point .... period. If this is about US policy, then why are they killing in every country they can. Why are killing anyone they can, even their own. They are just common criminals, murderers and don't even have the decency to seek peaceful solutions. Because of that one fact alone, they have no legitimacy and accordingly deserve no consideration from civilized society.

- Al Batt -
post #15 of 104 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 19:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Hawki, you need to see that the countries targetted - the UK, US, Spain, Bali - all have links to the War in Iraq. Bali is a large tourist destination for Australians, part of the coalition. These terrorists are not striking in particular against the US, but instead against the US and her allies in the war in Iraq.
post #16 of 104 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 19:53
Flo
Legend

Teams: SL Benfica, Liverpool, & AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One
Hawki, you need to see that the countries targetted - the UK, US, Spain, Bali - all have links to the War in Iraq. Bali is a large tourist destination for Australians, part of the coalition. These terrorists are not striking in particular against the US, but instead against the US and her allies in the war in Iraq.
And in the process they take their own people down with them? Does that make any sense? If not the Western World, these terrorists would be creating havoc in their part of the world and would find some sort of agenda to justify such actions....

Lame...
post #17 of 104 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 19:53
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One
I think you're mistaking there. For one, the majority of the pre-9/11 attacks by Al Qaeda all hit US-institutions (e.g. the American embassy in - if I'm not mistaking - Somalia and one of the US Navy's bigger vessels).

post #18 of 104 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 19:57
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
And in the process they take their own people down with them? Does that make any sense? If not the Western World, these terrorists would be creating havoc in their part of the world and would find some sort of agenda to justify such actions....
Well, I guess they possibly would anyway, even if only to keep the people dumb and scared enough to control them.

post #19 of 104 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 20:04
Flo
Legend

Teams: SL Benfica, Liverpool, & AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by binswhacker
Well, I guess they possibly would anyway, even if only to keep the people dumb and scared enough to control them.
Control what? The middle east countries have been to chicken shit for too long in dealing with these religious zealots and the malcontents that they brainwash. They need to reform and in the same breath squash the cockaroaches that their inactions have bred.
post #20 of 104 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 20:09
Star Player

I meant controlling as in a dictatorship. Like the Taliban did in Afghanistan.

Anyway, the relationship between a lot of local powers that be and fundamentalists/terrorists there is often very complex, if not sometimes dodgy, so I don't wish to get into that side-aspect too much. There are probably enough people here who are a lot more qualified to tell you more about those issues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in