The Environment - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2005, 01:07 Thread Starter
Rising Star

The Environment

ok, we are all in deep shit. In 50 years global warming is gonna **** us up big time. We need to reduce CO2 emissions by like 70-90 %, so we are in deeeep shiat. This is a political issue and nations should fkn do something like invest in re-newable energy but no we all want nuclear technology. That way we can have radioactive material for thousands of years....woopee. I really cant wait untill the day the ice sheets melt completely and gases are thrown into the atmosphere to dramatically increase global warming. But dont worry, because china and india are going to be big economies in the future we can be sure to rely on their billion populations to consume the same amount of energy and fossil fuels as the US. What a promissing prostect considering 80% of china will be driving cars. O i cant wait really....Whats being done to save the environment and reduce the impacts of climate change? SHIAT! Dont worry the US invaded iraq so they have time to consume their beloved oil and think about nuclear power in the mean time. Hey, hopefully one day our kids can live near a nuclear power plant like in the simpsons, i mean they probably will seeming we will need about 47 large scale nuclear power plants to power the UK in 50 years. Great! how promising! Im really looking forward to seeing my kids play radioactive waste, really, how cool would it be! Ah dont worry in 50 years we will all be driving electronic cars and everything will be solar powered and we will live on the moon and we will all live hapily ever after...BULLSHIT, we are fkn in deep shit! Screw the US for locking themselvs into a fossil fuel burning economy. Yeh really thanks a lot champs. You can drive your big V8 mother fckers while the rest of us drive hibrid cars u shit holes but when they day comes u run out of oil im not gonna hitch your sorry obese mcdonald munching ass. The environment should be a bigger political issue, its soo important. We need to put pressure on these fckers and force them to make changes before global warming does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2005, 01:18
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
All I have to say is Chernobyl and that Hybrid cars still aren't a long term solution to an oil crisis.

O GLORIOSO

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2005, 04:04 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Glorioso
All I have to say is Chernobyl and that Hybrid cars still aren't a long term solution to an oil crisis.

Ah....its part of overall solution. Electrics cars are too expensive but if the government put tax on petrol based cars electric cars would be cheaper. And anyway, transport is just 1 part of the overall problem of global warming.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2005, 08:05
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by O Glorioso
Chernobyl isn't as much a warning about Nuclear energy as it is about a warning about communism.

Quote:
ok, we are all in deep shit.
Not all, in some places in the world we would not feel negative about a warmer climate.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2005, 11:09
Star Player

Teams: manchester united, jeish al-soori
serious issues aside, that was a funny post sampf

solution:

move to london, somewhere near the river. u can get anywhere on bike, its so congested ull find everything u need near by. and the thames will be used more for transport, so i can get from st. pauls to my favourite kebab shop in the east end using environmentally friednly boats

1966 was a great year for english football.....The King was born

Kyle: and OZ i have an arse crack like a little kid

OFFICIAL SUPPORTER OF ALEX FERGUSON
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2005, 13:10
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Move near a river when the sea level is rising? Only a United fan...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in