North Korea - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 19:13 Thread Starter
Lav
Legend

North Korea

Whats to be done about Kim and his claims of possesion of Nukes.

is it ture or does he jsut want some cash and then he will shut up or is this for real?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 19:19
Star Player

extortion.....
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 19:30
Rookie

Apparantley a shipload of Heroin worth 100's of Millions was caught of the coast of Australia and onboard were N Korean officials and they think that the 100's of millions would have funded the Korean Gov and that the Gov sent it all over for the revenue.Anyway ofcourse there the next to be dealt with because there on a Ego trip and think they are bigshots and they need to be brought back down to earth.He's also a cruel Dictator who does dispicable things.Damn Commies

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 20:01
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ross County, Green Bay Packers
Quote:
Originally posted by Gringo
.Damn Commies

What an intelligent comment. So what do you suggest we to with North Korea oh mighty diplomat Gringo? Bomb them? Ignore the fact that they could easily nuke Japan, South Korea, & probably the west coast of America?

The fact is that despite them thinking they are "bigshots", they own nukes. That makes them a big shot in my book, not to mention the fact that they have a fairly large army.

Of course, I entirely disagree with it being acceptable for the USA, France & Great Britain to have nuclear weapons, & while I would prefer nuclear weapons be disarmed, if some countries can have them with no problems, why not others? Just because America doesn't like the fact they are communist? Give me a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboMan2009 View Post
we need to do something about moral relativism because it's really damaging the air condition. there's alot of harassing going on out there, specially during the night, and they use moral relativism to justify it.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 20:06
Rookie

My post was in Jest so dont be so uptight.Im walking on eggshells with sensitive people like you around.

Last edited by Gringo; May 4th, 2003 at 20:18.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 20:10
On Planet Z
International

Teams: AS Roma
Language, fellows. Let's not give people a good reason to shut an otherwise good forum down--it's only been up a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch
By that logic, we should shove dead people back inside their mothers, so they'd be ending their lives exactly where they started. But of course, we would need to get a doctor to slap the corpse on the butt before putting it back inside the mother's womb.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 20:13 Thread Starter
Lav
Legend

guys

calm down and read rules.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 20:18
Rookie

Read the rules already.Just got annoyed by the fact i wasnt being serious and he had make it into a issue.I Edited it.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 20:23
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

I hardly call rolling my eys & saying "that was intelligent" as making an issue out of it. You obviously ignored the rest of my post, which is very disappointing.

Quote:
we need to do something about moral relativism because it's really damaging the air condition. there's alot of harassing going on out there, specially during the night, and they use moral relativism to justify it.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 20:24 Thread Starter
Lav
Legend

i think its clear that humor and this forum should not go together

casue humor to some is very offensive to others.

so refrain from jokes.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 20:30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by cam
I hardly call rolling my eys & saying "that was intelligent" as making an issue out of it. You obviously ignored the rest of my post, which is very disappointing.
I ignored the rest of the post because it wasnt relevant to me as you thought my Commies comment was serious whenit clearly wasnt.Getting a lecture on something i already know doesnt entice me.Sorry.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 20:31
Rookie

Lav please dont start aswell.I realise shouldnt have "joked" for some reason or another but i didnt realise so many people had soft skin.

Last edited by Gringo; May 4th, 2003 at 20:33.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 20:55 Thread Starter
Lav
Legend

we dont

its jsut that it took alot of beging to get this forum and we have to be one best behaviour and that means no insults

the owners dont think we can do it so we gotta prove em wrong.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 20:58
On Planet Z
International

Teams: AS Roma
Exactly, Lav. Which means, Gringo, that you must assume that people have somewhat softer skins than normal around here and respond as such--express your opinion by all means, but be as diplomatic as you absolutely can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch
By that logic, we should shove dead people back inside their mothers, so they'd be ending their lives exactly where they started. But of course, we would need to get a doctor to slap the corpse on the butt before putting it back inside the mother's womb.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 22:49
World Class Player
World Class Player

Teams: Arsenal, Watford, UK NTs, and dozens more.
Redirecting the conversation slightly...

Nothing should be done about either President Kim or North Korea. They have done nothing wrong in this scenario.

Possession of nuclear weapons, despite what the USA will have you believe, is not against UN regulations, and does not warrant an immediate 'pre-emptive' attack. Saddam Hussein and Iraq were in contravention of UN regulations. Syria, Iran, North Korea, or whomever the next target is are not at fault at all. It's all electioneering by Bush and his team.

We should begin to fret when, perish the thought, it is too late. If we threaten North Korea before then, they will have the moral high ground, which is something that Iraq most certainly did not have. When they point their missiles at Seoul or Tokyo, or even, dare I suggest, Beijing, we should worry and consider action against North Korea. Until then, the West should not do anything.

Of course, the USA will do something, but that's another matter altogether.

Glen: "That last post of Bastin's is just too authoritative to argue against."

gOD: "It scares the f*ck out of me but I'm with Bastin here."

Cacìni: "Ah, there you go using that absurd über-memory of your's...not fair."

Boyo: "Even when it comes to rap, Bastin is an authority."

Attila_the_Nun: "A most respected scion of Misty Albion, the illustious Bastin - the redoubtable defender of all our noble traditions."

Humbird: "Bastin is very attractive when talking nautical! "
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2003, 00:16
Xtratime Legend

A North Korean missile being pointed at Beijing? You gotta be kidding, they are really not that stupid. It's like the UK pointing missiles at the USA.

North Korea has nukes and are crazy enough to use them. That is a REALLY good reason to let them be. Even those waraholics at Washington know that. I hope so at least.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2003, 00:18 Thread Starter
Lav
Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Bastin
Redirecting the conversation slightly...

Nothing should be done about either President Kim or North Korea. They have done nothing wrong in this scenario.

Possession of nuclear weapons, despite what the USA will have you believe, is not against UN regulations, and does not warrant an immediate 'pre-emptive' attack. Saddam Hussein and Iraq were in contravention of UN regulations. Syria, Iran, North Korea, or whomever the next target is are not at fault at all. It's all electioneering by Bush and his team.

We should begin to fret when, perish the thought, it is too late. If we threaten North Korea before then, they will have the moral high ground, which is something that Iraq most certainly did not have. When they point their missiles at Seoul or Tokyo, or even, dare I suggest, Beijing, we should worry and consider action against North Korea. Until then, the West should not do anything.

Of course, the USA will do something, but that's another matter altogether.
for once i agree with the BIAST-IN

well said

bush has no right to launch pre emptive strikle though im sure he will find a reason
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2003, 00:52
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

I have to agree with Bastin 100% wrong. I also cannot seem them pointing missles any where with out good reason, but maybe I trust them a little too much. After all, they were shooting missles over Japan into the Pacific Ocean which must have given the Japanese a bit of a fright.

It's really hard to choose what to do in this situation. In an ideal world, nuclear disarmament would have happened 12 years ago when Gorbachev offered Bush Snr the chance. However, sadly being a Republican he decided to keep them. Now you have 2 countries with a horrible vendetta like India & Pakistan both with nuclear capabilities.

Until nuclear weapons can be disarmed all over the world, & realistically that won't happen for years thanks to the human race being ridiculous, the best thing for them is as a weapon used for discouraging other countries using them. And it's only fair that North Korea gets in on the game, to prevent the west attacking them, surely?

Quote:
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2003, 11:41
World Class Player
World Class Player

Teams: Arsenal, Watford, UK NTs, and dozens more.
Quote:
Originally posted by AMOROSO!
A North Korean missile being pointed at Beijing? You gotta be kidding, they are really not that stupid. It's like the UK pointing missiles at the USA.
Kim is a maniac. He will be attacked by the USA sooner or later, and he will be looking to bow out with a bang. If he has a spare couple of missiles, and wishes to kill as many foreigners as possible, he could easily target Beijing and Shanghai. Besides, I hear that there are major rifts these days between the Stalinist Kim and the progressive government in Beijing.

Glen: "That last post of Bastin's is just too authoritative to argue against."

gOD: "It scares the f*ck out of me but I'm with Bastin here."

Cacìni: "Ah, there you go using that absurd über-memory of your's...not fair."

Boyo: "Even when it comes to rap, Bastin is an authority."

Attila_the_Nun: "A most respected scion of Misty Albion, the illustious Bastin - the redoubtable defender of all our noble traditions."

Humbird: "Bastin is very attractive when talking nautical! "
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2003, 11:55
bob
International

Quote:
Kim is a maniac. He will be attacked by the USA sooner or later, and he will be looking to bow out with a bang. If he has a spare couple of missiles, and wishes to kill as many foreigners as possible, he could easily target Beijing and Shanghai.
thats a farfetched assumption but fair enough...you never know with this guy..

but why would he want to go "out with a bang"?? we really don't know whether he really is a complete maniac or not. i think this crisis will go on forever because it is too risky for anyone to get millitarily involved. whats happening in Iraq is no where near the disastrous potential of this crisis. anything can happen.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in