Forum Rules - comments appreciated - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 11:40 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
Forum Rules

This forum is created under immense demand from the members who make up Xtratime community what it is. Having experienced what it means to have politics in the site, we have kept a long standing rule for no politics.

Changing our stance was not an easy decision, thus, we have written up rules and guidelines in addition to the standing Xtratime Rules to avoid glutting the boards and the ensure an intellectual and responsible discussion of politics here. We have taken some of the rules of the "debate forum" and Glen's as a model. This forum's another porpuse is to keep politics completely off Xtratime's other forums, which many members have tended to ignore recently.

We will assume that everyone who enters this forum and posts, has read the rules and guidelines listed below. Violations to them will result in being blocked from this forum with only one previous warning.

Also, we need to remind that these rules and guidelines are subject to change and if the forum members do not respect them, we will close the forum permanently and continue with our strict no politics rule immediately.

This forum will be and treated as a seperate entity from the rest of Xtratime, thus no politics in the rest of Xtratime still is valid including signatures, avatars and custom titles. As much as we do not expect, we will not allow potential arguments and conflicts spill over to the rest of Xtratime.

***Rules and Guidelines***

1) Some questions to ask yourself before starting a new thread:

a)Am I introducing a topic that's not being replicated in other threads?

b) Is my thread-starter politically relevant AND newsworthy?

c) My thread is intentionally rhetorical, but is it backed up by new info, facts, or news items?

2) When replying; it's essential that the users of this forum understands that opinions can differ. When responding to an opinion one deems to be bunkers- one must remember this and attempt a debate that can be oriented towards compromise. Oneliners such as great post is OK once in a while, but it's alot better to add to the debate instead.

3) It's fine to disagree, and to say that another ones argumentation doesn't hold up. But leave room for the discussion to progress just the same. At some point- the point will be reached where people understand eachothers views- and then disagree or agree as it suits them.

4) For example, "Clinton Sux" and "Bush Sux" threads are not acceptable unless you have new and interesting info as to why they suck. The moderators will lock any threads that we feel serve no purpose.

5) You are not permitted to use foul language for shock value, or to attack a fellow poster, or in such a way that it is totally out of context and unnecessary. Should your use of foul language be complained about, action will be taken.The key aspect of successful interaction in a community comprising any set of members is respect. All participants, want to be respected, regardless of their heritage, geographical location, age, gender, financial situation, political background and culture.

6) The Political Debate Forum is not for jokey threads. It's for serious topics that people can have through talks about. It's for intellectual discussions.

++ Sanctions
Should you fail to comply with the forum guidelines, action will be taken to protect the debates and the intellectual discussion expected from each participant.

- - Warning

The first indication about your wrongdoing you shall receive through a warning from a moderator. Make sure you understand the warnings and respect them because only after the first one, you will be blocked from this forum.

- - Blocking

Members who we assume have read these rules and guidelines and who have ignored the first warning, will be blocked from seeing and entering the Political Debate forum. Do not expect to see any tolerance to bans after the one warning.

Welcome to the Political Debate forum and above all enjoy your through discussions.

XT Crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 11:44
International

cam will be happy
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 11:47
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ross County, Green Bay Packers
OK, It's true, I own you asses

Now, I'll be a good boy & even remove my signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboMan2009 View Post
we need to do something about moral relativism because it's really damaging the air condition. there's alot of harassing going on out there, specially during the night, and they use moral relativism to justify it.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 11:49 Thread Starter
Legend

A big thank you also goes out to Carlito, for working extra hard on these rules!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 11:50 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by cam

Now, I'll be a good boy & even remove my signature
Great, signatures and avatars, still can not be political.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 12:05
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Orange
Great, signatures and avatars, still can not be political.
As I've said, I can be reasonable sometimes, when others are flexible.

Congratulations to the admin for being open to the idea, & I hope it is a great success, as I'm sure all immature name calling will be kept for the Padded Cell

Quote:
we need to do something about moral relativism because it's really damaging the air condition. there's alot of harassing going on out there, specially during the night, and they use moral relativism to justify it.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 12:11
Star Player

This forum is a great idea.

Hopefully it will work well and keep politics out of other forums.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 12:14
Star Player

Teams: Milan
I think this forum will start fights.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." :smileani:
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 12:19
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Gauchito
I think this forum will start fights.
I think you'll find the Juve & Parma forums start fights at match day.

You should see us going when Juve cheat us again, & the Juve fans "don't see" the blatant hand-ball. It can't get any where near as heated as that.

Quote:
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 12:50
bob
International

Great.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 13:41
On Planet Z
International

Teams: AS Roma
Quote:
Originally posted by cam
You realize, of course, that they're the ones doing you a favor? Things could have just as easily gone the other way. This said, I think this forum has some great potential as long as we stick to the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch
By that logic, we should shove dead people back inside their mothers, so they'd be ending their lives exactly where they started. But of course, we would need to get a doctor to slap the corpse on the butt before putting it back inside the mother's womb.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 14:35
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix
You realize, of course, that they're the ones doing you a favor? Things could have just as easily gone the other way. This said, I think this forum has some great potential as long as we stick to the rules.
Yeah I know, I'm grateful. I was joking about

Quote:
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 18:56
Star Player

i hope the admin is pretty strict with enforcing certain things. attacks on entire cultures were prominent at glens board and good people get tired of seeing that.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 19:29
Keyboard Hero
World Class Player

--
A lot of respect goes out to the brave lads who took on moderating this forum.

Cheers and good luck.

Reprezentaciju ste ukrali, istinu ne možete

"Football is an extension of the war by other means"

Franjo Tudman

PS. Iako si najavio ne moraš dolaziti u Hercegovinu, ovamo nisi dobodošao. Sasvim sigurno su ti otvorena vrata onih koji su skupa sa tobom radili na zabrani utakmice, i otvorena su ti vrata njihovog grada gdje se pale i brane hrvatske zastave.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2003, 21:04
International

Teams: gAlAtAsArAy
If we see fit (respect among the members, attitude, calmness and ability to analyze issues), we can appoint another Forum Manager as time goes by.

I think we have outlined everything possible on the guidelines possible, but we will be very strict on attacks on entire nations, races and foul language used. With one previous warning, we will bar from entering this forum whoever doesnt comply with the guidelines. If anything goes beyond and against our expectations, if the arguments do not hold up well without attacks, we will close the forum.

Plagued By Xtratimelitis

One life, live it. Support GaLaTaSaRaY
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2003, 19:19
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Rossoneri, Hammers
Congratualtions and good luck.

Perhaps now politics will stop being the old elephant in the living room (as Raymond Chandler said, when you have an elephant in your living roomm and cannot talk about it, all you can do is think and talk about it).

I'm giving it three weeks, but it will be fun to read while it survives.

RIO

You know the scene it's very hum-drum
And my favorite song's entitled "Boredom"...
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2003, 19:36
Cachorro
Legend

Teams: Botafogo, Brasil
Good luck, guys. I'm skeptical about this, but I wish you luck.

"Only in the darkness can you see the stars."
~Martin Luther King Jr.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in