General chit-chat vol 4 - Page 20 - Xtratime Community
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #381 of 404 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 13:04
International

Teams: USA and Hungarian NT
I was in Hungary last week, went right by Gabi Kiraly's Foci Academy, saw the practice and real fields and from the outside the new Haladas stadium..looks like Hali is going down.

Some observations of mine about Hungary these days:
- Adapting the Western culture way too much.
- Food is still fantastic.
- Spent some time in the nearest city; 70% wear jeans and the young women with tight jeans with wide stiletto shoes..ridiculous...and bad makeup. In the Communist days, they all wore dresses or skirts, no makeup and looked fantastic.
- Politics right on track, cannot be better. The PM Victor Orban is "The Bad Boy of the European Union" and like Pres. Donald Trump he does not give a damm.
- I try to stay away from alcohol, just not used to it. That Hungarian "Palinka" which is 50 to 99% proof is a hot swallow and hits the brain in 3 seconds.
- I laughed more in a week than I do here in 5 years!
- No political correctness; say what you think and no one will say "How can you say that, you hurt my feelings".
- Everyone enjoys a good time and is not afraid to sing unlike here.."I cannot sing, do not have a voice".
- Average monthly salary is between $725 to $ 850"..how in the world do they live when the cost of everything is the same as here.
- Best place to vacation or visit for me; I feel wanted, liked and appreciated.
- A wonderful feeling that I am with my people.
- They have far less material things but live a better life, been saying that since my first visit back in 1964. They enjoy life better!
- Elect this Prime Minister for his entire life, Hungary will be far better for it.
- English in Hungary has become the international business language.

Buy a football jersey and get a billboard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #382 of 404 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2019, 06:57
Star Player

Teams: Chippenham FM18, Dagenham & Redbridge FIFA 10
I was in Hungary last week, went right by Gabi Kiraly's Foci Academy, saw the practice and real fields and from the outside the new Haladas stadium..looks like Hali is going down.

Some observations of mine about Hungary these days:
- Adapting the Western culture way too much. - Completely agree.
- Food is still fantastic. - Completely agree.
- Spent some time in the nearest city; 70% wear jeans and the young women with tight jeans with wide stiletto shoes..ridiculous...and bad makeup. In the Communist days, they all wore dresses or skirts, no makeup and looked fantastic. - I don't know, I kind of like the new style. But then again, I never lived in the communist era.
- Politics right on track, cannot be better. The PM Victor Orban is "The Bad Boy of the European Union" and like Pres. Donald Trump he does not give a damm.
- I try to stay away from alcohol, just not used to it. That Hungarian "Palinka" which is 50 to 99% proof is a hot swallow and hits the brain in 3 seconds.
- I laughed more in a week than I do here in 5 years!
- No political correctness; say what you think and no one will say "How can you say that, you hurt my feelings". EU says it every day.
- Everyone enjoys a good time and is not afraid to sing unlike here.."I cannot sing, do not have a voice".
- Average monthly salary is between $725 to $ 850"..how in the world do they live when the cost of everything is the same as here. We don't ovespend that much. We still overspend, but not that much (I myself don't overspend at all, don't have a loan, only investments).
- Best place to vacation or visit for me; I feel wanted, liked and appreciated.
- A wonderful feeling that I am with my people.
- They have far less material things but live a better life, been saying that since my first visit back in 1964. They enjoy life better! - Not having a lot of stuff is great!
- Elect this Prime Minister for his entire life, Hungary will be far better for it. - Starting to agree!
- English in Hungary has become the international business language. - Completely agree.

Without Jesus, a hopeless end. With him, an endless hope.
post #383 of 404 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2019, 19:56 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
English has become the international business language? Really? What was it before?

Lots of juice on telly tonight. Wonder which juice will win? Not the empty car

post #384 of 404 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 20:45
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentex View Post
English has become the international business language? Really? What was it before?

Lots of juice on telly tonight. Wonder which juice will win? Not the empty car
I was talking about Hungary not USA and Great Britain!

Te suket..Ruski!

post #385 of 404 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 21:00
International

My first cousin was watching her grandchildren, a boy 6 and another 4. I did not know that they were with grandma as their father flew to Barcelona, I think it was to see Messi. Anyway, I asked the 6 year old to ask his grandmother on why she did not allow his father to the foci academy. When she came over to say goodbye, she told me that her son was only 10 years old. I did not want to argue with her. Anyway the 4 year kid is awesome..he can dribble, pull the back, switch legs, and almost did the Crujff Move..he pulled the ball back with his right foot, ball went behind his back to his left leg. I have seen Crujff when he about 11..this kid is 60% of Johan already.

I dropped in one morning and he was playing a video game, asked what he was playing and he said "FIFA Foci".

I asked him what he wants to be when he grows up..he thought for a few moments and said.."Modric".

Kid even now has foci brains, never mentioned Bohoc!

"Pista Bacsi, mikor jusz megegyzser focisni velunk?" Luv that kid and the 6 year is OK, but the 4 year amazes me. Asked the grandfather if his father taught him those moves, he said no, it comes naturally to the kid.
szövkap and Dandeer like this.

post #386 of 404 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 01:49
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: USA/Hungarian NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pista View Post
Wasn't it your family member who has issues with Orbán spending on the wrong things? I asked if you don't think she has a point. You replied yes, that it seems like all of Viktor's friends are getting rich (while the average person suffers).

Seems many don't really live better. Why the population is going down so rapidly. If able to leave for better opportunities/pay in külföld, will most likely do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandeer View Post
- Average monthly salary is between $725 to $ 850"..how in the world do they live when the cost of everything is the same as here. We don't ovespend that much. We still overspend, but not that much (I myself don't overspend at all, don't have a loan, only investments).
No loans, only investments This is the way to do it. That whole keeping up with the Joneses is a fool's game if there ever was one.
post #387 of 404 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 02:23 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Wow!

Who saw the battle of the juice? That was amazing!

On Monday Kompany hit a wonder goal. Tuesday the hubcaps turn over Barca. Wednesday two of the best teams of juice battle to 95 mins and the tie is won in the last seconds.

What a week for the British empire. We even get a mixed race Royal baby (not called Leeroy or Tyrone). How amazing is that. Respek.
post #388 of 404 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 05:15
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron View Post
No loans, only investments This is the way to do it. That whole keeping up with the Joneses is a fool's game if there ever was one.
It is worth noting that my average salary is the double of what was mentioned. So it doesn't really count.

post #389 of 404 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 05:17
Star Player

Quote:
Wow!

Who saw the battle of the juice? That was amazing!

On Monday Kompany hit a wonder goal. Tuesday the hubcaps turn over Barca. Wednesday two of the best teams of juice battle to 95 mins and the tie is won in the last seconds.

What a week for the British empire. We even get a mixed race Royal baby (not called Leeroy or Tyrone). How amazing is that. Respek.
I didn't, I went to house group with my wife. Then went to sleep, had to wake up at 4:55 am CET to write a contract+order confirmation. Life of the home-officers.

post #390 of 404 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 09:09 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Pista Úr,

Many thing in Urgan are the same price. Cell dogs for example. But msny, many things are cheaper. The most notable is labour. If you're Austrian (G'day m8) you don't hire an Austrian plumber, you hire a magyar. Same with a mechanic or a gardner. It's very comfotable to live in Urgarn.

I know hundreds of poor magyarok who come to the UK to do the same thing Zoli bácsi taught them to do in the falu. Ya know what they do wit the extra chatter? Buy shit they don't need. Louis Buffon bags, Tommy Bigfiber jackets and Roy-Bans eye wear. They stick it on theif Instagram and say look at all the money I wasted.

They could have just as nice life in Ungarn without the bling.
Dandeer likes this.
post #391 of 404 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 11:52
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
fake juice

I mean Ajax and those other fellows, zero procent juice in them, not players, not board, not fans, not now not in history, hell even Bayern München has more juice in history than those two combined

MTK VII ker, Makkabi Brno, Hakoah Wienerschnitzel, that‘s the 3 in Yourope
Aron likes this.
post #392 of 404 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 23:04
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: USA/Hungarian NT
Quote:
It is worth noting that my average salary is the double of what was mentioned. So it doesn't really count.
Even so. Most who make double, spend double...and more! As been told by a friend numerous times, "common sense isn't so common."
Dandeer likes this.
post #393 of 404 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 07:33
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron View Post
Even so. Most who make double, spend double...and more! As been told by a friend numerous times, "common sense isn't so common."
And how true that is.

post #394 of 404 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 22:53
International

Quote:
OK..but if you live in Budapest your expenses are doubled!

post #395 of 404 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 22:57
International

Quote:
Pista Úr,

Many thing in Urgan are the same price. Cell dogs for example. But msny, many things are cheaper. The most notable is labour. If you're Austrian (G'day m8) you don't hire an Austrian plumber, you hire a magyar. Same with a mechanic or a gardner. It's very comfotable to live in Urgarn.

I know hundreds of poor magyarok who come to the UK to do the same thing Zoli bácsi taught them to do in the falu. Ya know what they do wit the extra chatter? Buy shit they don't need. Louis Buffon bags, Tommy Bigfiber jackets and Roy-Bans eye wear. They stick it on theif Instagram and say look at all the money I wasted.

They could have just as nice life in Ungarn without the bling.
I bought a 32 inch TV..cost $550.00..here it would be $400.00. Yes..shortage of labor all over..most craftsmen have left Hungary. Try to find a person who will remodel a room or your house...impossible. Hunkies by the majority are showoffs. I recall my aunt going back to Hungary and my inlays were on the same flight all decked out in gold watches, necklaces..you name it. Aunt knew they did not have the money yet spent it on showing off. I know many Hunkies here...luv to show off. Will get a loan to get a Mercedes, BMW or Cadillac. Food stuff same as here, gasoline way above ours.

post #396 of 404 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 22:59
International

Someone explain to me why an away goal counts as two goals in CL. Why does not the same reasoning count in league play or in the WC... and why the eff have it all?

post #397 of 404 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2019, 19:10 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

They tax electrical goods higher in Hungary. I don't remember exactly.. but it's between 20-25%

Btw, I just saw Dark Andy on the telly in Derby.
post #398 of 404 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2019, 19:17 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

If you think gasoline is expensive in Ungarn you should buy some in UK.

In September 2000 I was in Ungarn when people protested and stopped petrol stationed getting topped up. So phunny... supermarkets ran out of everything. You couldn't even buy bread or milk.

My uncle was crying because of the amount he had to pay for petrol. He didn't believe my dad when he sais how much we pay. Then it came on the news the protesting.

It was only Norway that charged more than UK. Which I never understood because they have oil.
post #399 of 404 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2019, 19:29 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

As for away goals. Teams would defend to get a 0-0 away from home. It made games boring and people stopped watching. So they came up with the away goals rule. It made teams attack more. Every rule change has that goal. Like the back pass rule. Teams used to constantly pass the ball back to the keeper and he'd pick it up and bounce it a few times, pass it to a full back and then pass back to ghe keeper and he picks it up again.

Even the outlaw of the tackle from behind was brought in to get more attacking play.

I wrote a paper on rule changes in football once. So phunny I never forget. I had to interview 3 people on tape. I interviewed my dad (in Hungarian) and wrote and transcipt. Teacher told me off and I said it's not my fault you don't speak Hungarian. The look she gave me hahaha. I hated her so much. Punishing me for her ignorance.
post #400 of 404 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2019, 01:25 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in