I was in Hungary last week, went right by Gabi Kiraly's Foci Academy, saw the practice and real fields and from the outside the new Haladas stadium..looks like Hali is going down.
Some observations of mine about Hungary these days:
- Adapting the Western culture way too much. - Completely agree.
- Food is still fantastic. - Completely agree.
- Spent some time in the nearest city; 70% wear jeans and the young women with tight jeans with wide stiletto shoes..ridiculous...and bad makeup. In the Communist days, they all wore dresses or skirts, no makeup and looked fantastic. - I don't know, I kind of like the new style. But then again, I never lived in the communist era.
- Politics right on track, cannot be better. The PM Victor Orban is "The Bad Boy of the European Union" and like Pres. Donald Trump he does not give a damm.
- I try to stay away from alcohol, just not used to it. That Hungarian "Palinka" which is 50 to 99% proof is a hot swallow and hits the brain in 3 seconds.
- I laughed more in a week than I do here in 5 years!
- No political correctness; say what you think and no one will say "How can you say that, you hurt my feelings". EU says it every day.
- Everyone enjoys a good time and is not afraid to sing unlike here.."I cannot sing, do not have a voice".
- Average monthly salary is between $725 to $ 850"..how in the world do they live when the cost of everything is the same as here. We don't ovespend that much. We still overspend, but not that much (I myself don't overspend at all, don't have a loan, only investments).
- Best place to vacation or visit for me; I feel wanted, liked and appreciated.
- A wonderful feeling that I am with my people.
- They have far less material things but live a better life, been saying that since my first visit back in 1964. They enjoy life better! - Not having a lot of stuff is great!
- Elect this Prime Minister for his entire life, Hungary will be far better for it. - Starting to agree!
- English in Hungary has become the international business language. - Completely agree.