Swine & Seasonal Flu - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2009, 15:40
Magyar Angol

Swine & Seasonal Flu

I haven't noticed a thread on this yet but apologies if there is one?

Is anyone concerned about the increase or not?

The stats now in the UK are at 10,000 with a couple of people WITHOUT underlining health issues now dead

I'm worried, should I be?

11 cases in Hungary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2009, 15:48
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
There are now 5 cases of Swine Flu in Long Eaton. Couldn't fine a recent article but read this http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/ho...l/article.html

The worse thing for me is a lot of these students hang around places I go to.

Yes, I'm terrified. One of my friends has been having flu symptoms. He doesn't watch the news and is oblivious to what is happening. He can't understand why I stay away from him
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2009, 20:54
Xtratime Elite

They say 55,000 people here got it just last week and the total stands at 85,000.

65,000 people could die from is and 30% of the population could suffer with it.

They also say younger people are more vulnerable than older people

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2009, 17:11
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
11 cases here on the island, mostly tourists from latin america passing through. I think only one inhabitant is infected and is treated.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2009, 17:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
There's been a number of cases reported, here in Melbourne.

Personally speaking I'm nervous as my immune system has been suppressed post-transplant and I'd like to head down to the Film Festival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2009, 17:32
Star Player

Teams: US, Revolution, Ferencvaros, Man Utd, Hungary
Here are some suggestions for defending yourself:

How Does the Swine Flu Spread? Like most viruses, this one is spread through person to person contact, or via microscopic droplets sprayed by coughing or sneezing. So the very first line of defense against this flu, or any flu is simple and basic… practice good hygiene.

Aside from this article, the best place to get up to date information on this flu is the "Center for Disease Control" website (CDC)
Here are some things that you can do to make sure you don’t get the virus.

Wash your hands. - If washing in public facilities, don’t touch any surface with your bare hands. This means turning taps off with a paper towel after washing and opening the washroom door with a paper towel as well.Carrying a little bottle of alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good idea to use after washing, and when hand washing facilities are not available.

Wear a mask- you can purchase face masks at the local drug store. Please be aware that the mask only traps droplets that go forward, but in the event of a cough or a sneeze, droplets carrying viral particles can often escape out the sides of the mask. Also change the mask frequently. Remember these are paper masks and eventually the droplets will work their way to the outside THROUGH the paper.
Dispose of tissues and masks properly. If you have flu-like symptoms, use tissues and dispose of them in a plastic bag, tied off and placed in the trash or incinerator.

Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, and stay hydrated. Nutrition is crucial as it gives your immune system the building blocks to work with while it tries to fight off this virus.

Purchase a supplement that has anti-viral effect. Zeolite is an ideal supplement because it has demonstrated anti-viral action, and it ALSO removes heavy metals and foreign chemicals. This has the added benefit of freeing your immune system from focusing on foreign chemicals, so it can now focus on killing virus particles. Just remember that all zeolite supplements are not effective. It is important to choose the right one. Otherwise you may just be spending your money and still be without protection. Find out more about zeolite here.

Boost your immune system. There are a number of supplements that claim to boost your immune system. Here are what I consider the most important. Echinacea and zinc, which can be purchased at your local pharmacy should be at the top of your list. Also, add some vitamin C to your cart. Finally you should have a potent agaricus blazei product. Agaricus is the most potent of the mushroom family for immune boosting properties. It is especially effective in boosting the Natural Killer Cells of your immune system whose sole function is to kill mutating cells (cancer) and foreign invaders (viruses and bacteria). Like zeolite, all agaricus blazei supplements are not equal. Find out more about agaricus blazei here.

Following these steps should keep the Swine Flu virus away, but even if you do happen to get sick, you should have enough boost to keep the swine flu from making you another statistic.

Be wary of vaccination. The vaccines that are being produced have not been tested properly in human trials. Baxter has the contract with the UK. They are also the group that sent 72 kilos of the Avian Bird strain from Austria to labs producing the vaccines they thought were just regular influenza. If it was not for a lab in the Czech Republic, it would have killed anyone who had been injected with it. Even more scary stuff.

In addition, it is not swine flu. There are no known traces of this flu ever coming from a pig.

They could do more damage than good. Your best defense is boosting your immune system, keep your hands clean, and don't rub your eyes. Keep your hands away from your face.

I would also suggest you drink green tea every day, or some tea with anti-oxidants. This should also help with minimizing risks and boosting your immune system.

"Why move around the world, if Eden was so near" - Neil Peart - Territories

Business Blogging Social Media Management Search Engine Optimization
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2009, 17:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali bácsi View Post
In addition, it is not swine flu. There are no known traces of this flu ever coming from a pig.
Yeah ... I've noticed a few crude media outlets who are willing to refer to it as 'pig flu.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2009, 22:23
Xtratime Elite

I'm in a hot spot

Flu hotspot areas named

Areas neighbouring Long Eaton have been designated as swine flu hotspots – following news that four Trent College students had contracted the virus.
Nottingham city and Broxtowe borough were named by the Department of Health as areas where outbreaks of swine flu within the community have been frequent and ongoing, last Thursday.

And the department said it would be focusing on treating those with symptoms, rather than trying to stop its spread.

Director of public health for NHS Nottingham City Dr Chris Packham and director of public health for NHS Nottinghamshire Dr Chris Kenny said in a joint statement: "While containment has worked very well in its early stages, we've been clear all along that it was highly likely that we would be unable to prevent the spread of swine flu indefinitely.

"Due to the high number of cases we are seeing in these geographic locations, we are now moving to only treating patients with flu symptoms, rather than trying to reduce the spread of the virus by also giving antiviral medicines (Tamiflu) to patients' contacts."

"As the symptoms of swine flu are remaining mild in the vast majority of cases, some people may choose to treat it as they would any other flu with paracetamol and rest."

People who are worried they might have caught swine flu are urged to check the NHS Choices website at www.nhs.uk or call the Flu Information Line on 0800 1 513 513. If they are still concerned they should call NHS Direct on 0845 4647 or their GP.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2009, 02:50
International

Teams: Hungary
I don't get the panic. More people die from actual flu. And it's treatable, correct? Just go to your doctor if you have flu symptoms.

(Not talking about Jeff, of course. Take care, honey!)
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2009, 03:21
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyria View Post
Just go to your doctor if you have flu symptoms.
Experts are constantly saying on the news don't go to your doctor. You can pass on the virus to someone with other health issues. Also do not go to the chemist. Let Leeroy come to you

Quote:
I don't get the panic. More people die from actual flu. And it's treatable, correct?
Normal flu kills old people who have other health issues (that's why they get flu jabs and young people don't). Swine flu has killed young people with NO other health issues. Plus the symptoms are worse.
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2009, 03:31
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Swine flu has come and gone through my household, no big deal as yet.

All that has happened in Australia so far is that health care has become crippled treating flu symptoms so people with actual serious, non-influenza related problems are suffering because of it.

post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2009, 20:56
Star Player

Teams: US, Revolution, Ferencvaros, Man Utd, Hungary
Get ready Bentex, UK is going to vaccinate you with an untested vaccine this fall:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...opulation.html

60 million people in the UK to be vaccinated. Under current terrorism laws it could be forced too. They have not announced it as such yet.

"Why move around the world, if Eden was so near" - Neil Peart - Territories

Business Blogging Social Media Management Search Engine Optimization
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2009, 21:23
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentex View Post
Experts are constantly saying on the news don't go to your doctor. You can pass on the virus to someone with other health issues. Also do not go to the chemist. Let Leeroy come to you
Oh, Catch-22.

Quote:
Normal flu kills old people who have other health issues (that's why they get flu jabs and young people don't). Swine flu has killed young people with NO other health issues. Plus the symptoms are worse.
Yeah, I didn't say it wasn't dangerous, but it's not untreatable. Just pay attention. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the people who've died were getting help too late?

Also, until Madagascar's port is open, no need to panic. (Someone get this reference, please)
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 00:19
Xtratime Elite

Why is it catch 22? whenever I'm sick my boyfriend or nephew go and get me medicine from tesco or asda. If it's prescription medicine Leeroy brings it for me (actually two times Leeroy gave it to my boyfriend to give to me).

There is now a name for these people...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

I think maybe you should actually watch the news or read about it before you comment
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 00:28
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali bácsi View Post
Get ready Bentex, UK is going to vaccinate you with an untested vaccine this fall:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...opulation.html

60 million people in the UK to be vaccinated. Under current terrorism laws it could be forced too. They have not announced it as such yet.
I'm worried about this. Normally I give Dr Singh advice on how I should be treated. Now I need advice who do I ask?
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 02:41
International

Oh, sorry, I'm not familiar with your group of friends. Thanks kindly. I'm all right with my facts, still refuse to panic,so feel free to mock.
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 05:32
Xtratime Elite

But none of them are my friends.
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2009, 01:58
Xtratime Elite

Actor that tells us how to avoid catching Swine Flu catches it himself...idiot...advice is easy to give but hard to accept
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2009, 17:44
Xtratime Elite

My sister and Boyfriend have Swine Flu I hope I'm not next :hopeful:

I just left my bf because I'm scared to catch it and he just loves to blow kisses to me so I can't take the risk
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2009, 18:12
Legend

I had the swine flu during my holiday this year in Mallorca and felt ill for just one day, a normal flu's worse then the swine flu.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in