Major's league Football - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2009, 19:03 Thread Starter
AKA Galloping Shakespeare
Premier Player

Teams: Ferencvaros & Honved, Hungary varsity
Major's league Football

Hey Joe, how's life in Cleveland?

How bout those fly-flying amazing Cinderella Cardinals going to the SuperBowl, a 9-7 team if you can believe all things. Kurt Warner is going to pull out the upset of the ages!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2009, 21:00
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: USA/Hungarian NT
How can anyone not be rooting for Warner (although I think their defense will do them in), unless you're a Steelers fan, which my good friend happens to be...the Vasas of American football.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2009, 21:22 Thread Starter
AKA Galloping Shakespeare
Premier Player

Teams: Ferencvaros & Honved, Hungary varsity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron View Post
How can anyone not be rooting for Warner (although I think their defense will do them in), unless you're a Steelers fan, which my good friend happens to be...the Vasas of American football.
Interesting, me, you Aron and Joe Henderson are here, we're all in the states and we're all Vasas fans. I'm a moderate Vasas booster, its right the Steelers are the American equivalent of Vasas. Some months back I raved about how I liked Vasas - hard-boiled, meat-n-potatoes, gritty, steely industrial football from the blue-collar proletariat.. they're my #1 team in Hungary. :smileani:

About Kurt Warner, you of course know he's got the highest passer rating all-time surpassing Steve Young. This is his 3rd Bowl, and in less than 10 years' worth of work he's probably bound to the Hall of Fame. On the plus side he's a very devout religious guy with five kids.

Ever since John Elway left football, Kurt Warner has been "The Man".

Somehow, the Cinderella Cardinals will get it done on the outside lanes with the best orbital corps of wide receivers in football, they'll throw short passes and max-protect Warner with 7 blockers on the line to grind out 1st downs and shorten the game. The Steelers aren't overrated but are very cocky - somehow I believe, don't ask me how.

With one of the greatest pitchers of the 21st century at helm control anything is possible.

Go Cardinals!!

Last edited by Florian1972; January 28th, 2009 at 21:31.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2009, 22:03
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: USA/Hungarian NT
Actually, Im not a Vasas fan (my dad liked Fradi) but always made the Steelers/Vasas connection. The Steelers always had (one of) the coolest uniforms, and the coolest name. I like the name Vasas for much the same reasons I like the name Steelers. It sounds intimidating and mean (opposite of the N.O. Saints...although I like Drew and Reggie Bush). If only Vasas (or any Magyar team) had the crowds the Steelers have.

Being a Jersey boy, Im actually a Giants fan (although probably should be Jets since I have Broadway Joe's last name)

Warner is such a feel good story..I'd say the Hall of Fame is a definate for him now. He's a can't miss. Its def nice to see a nice guy finish first

Ok, all apologies for being completely off topic.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2009, 02:46
Legend

Teams: FTC, Hungary
wow - take all of this american football sh!t out of here

Én soha nem felejtem,
Magyarnak születtem!

Itt élek Európa szívében, vízilabdában mi vagyunk a császárok és igenis nálunk élnek a világ legszebb női. Magyarország, én így szeretlek!

Tehetségben nincs hiány, hiszem hogy jó lesz még a magyar foci!

RIA,RIA, HungáRIA!!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2009, 16:11
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
Moved to the kocsma.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in