Overdose - The Unbeateable Stallion. - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old January 18th, 2009, 13:27 Thread Starter
AKA Galloping Shakespeare
Premier Player

Teams: Ferencvaros & Honved, Hungary varsity
Overdose - The Unbeateable Stallion.

Hungary's sporting sensation after the Summer Olympics is no longer the water polo team, it is a simple but ultra-powerful Hungarian stallion named Overdose.

In the history of horse-racing, the greatest race horse of them all is Hungary's Kincsem ("My Treasure") who raced in 54 European continental races and won all her 54 races in the 19th century - with no defeats and no second places - she won all races entered. With this astonishing un-beatable recond, Hungary's Kincsem is the definative gold-standard by which all other world race-horses are judged. 54 wins-0-defeats, probably that's a legacy no horse will ever match in the history of the world.

Kincsem:

Hungary's Kincsem, racing in the late 1870s, scored 54 straight victories and retired undefeated, making her one of Hungary's top sporting heroines. Her fame is enshrined in public statues all over Europe and she has dozens of streets named after her.

Do you guys know that there's another great Hungarian race-horse called Overdose in the modern world, who's won 12 straight flat races without a defeat and who's so far conquered Europe's best with extreme prejudice. The latest entry from Hungary has a stallion with absolutely mind-warping astonishing speed at point and sheer power through the straight.

This stallion (and he's not a she) is one of the greatest race-horses to come out of Central Europe since Kincsem in over 130 years. Owner Zoltan Mikoczy, a Hungarian steel entrepreneur, hopes Overdose will help to rekindle love for horse racing in Hungary, which dubs itself the "riding nation," and save an industry destroyed by half a century of neglect.

"Overdose is better known in Germany than Hungary," Mikoczy said. "Maybe we can change that."

Overdose is so powerful in training as the trainers say he .... let's just say you have to watch YouTube to you to see him first-hand absolutely decimate the field. I saw two races, he absolutely crushed the field.

Type in "Overdose race horse" in Youtube, and you'll feel power. Trainers acclaim that the stallion has too much power. Overdose will rest in Hungary in the winter then go to the Middle East to take on Arabian stallions in the races in Dubay.

Yes, it is beautiful, gentlemen a great horse hath cometh back to Hungary.

Last edited by Florian1972; January 18th, 2009 at 13:57.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old January 19th, 2009, 04:37
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
Hajrá Magyarok!
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2009, 21:23
Premier Player

Overdose: The Unbeatable in Budapest, Hungary, Kincsem Park

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2009, 22:27
Xtratime Elite

Awesome
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2009, 23:08
Legend

Teams: FTC, Hungary
I was gonna post this. The ugly short horse did it again

Én soha nem felejtem,
Magyarnak születtem!

Itt élek Európa szívében, vízilabdában mi vagyunk a császárok és igenis nálunk élnek a világ legszebb női. Magyarország, én így szeretlek!

Tehetségben nincs hiány, hiszem hogy jó lesz még a magyar foci!

RIA,RIA, HungáRIA!!!
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2009, 23:20
Rising Star

Teams: RIA RIA HUNGARIA!
Kind of dissapointed they ditched the Hungarian jockey for some French superstar.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2009, 02:20
International

Teams: USA and Hungarian NT
Damm..Bentex beat me again to the punch! What type of race is this..just sprints? Does he run in the circular track or just sprints?

If he's that good he's got to come to the USA..how old is HE?

Buy a football jersey and get a billboard
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2009, 02:22
Xtratime Elite

4 years old I think. He'll be in Manchester next month.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2009, 21:41 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Hungary's Overdose is becoming famous outside Europe. Guess who made front page headline news on the New York Times?!

Hungary's Spirits are Back Up, on a Horse

When a foreign-born colt gets on the cover of the New York Times, probably the premier paper in the world, that equestrian athlete is beyond ordinary. One racing aficiando said Overdose "... explodes out of the lane with the overdrive already engaged." In 12 starts, Overdose had seized the early lead out of the chute and has never been caught, progressively widening the lead at each finish.

The New York Times (April 19, 09) showering Overdose with effusive praise:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/20/wo...r=1&ref=europe

The Denver Post, in the heart of American cowboy country, on April 20 called Overdose the "Hungarian Seabiscut". Seabiscut was a legendary sprinter and symbol of hope for Americans during the Great Depression about which a major movie was recently made.

Overdose's owner, Zoltan Mikoczy, a Hungarian steel trader, purchased the horse for around $3,100 in the UK and raised his hand for fun because he liked horse auctions and promised his wife not to buy another. Mikoczy basically bought a horse nobody wanted, and was suprised that nobody else raised a hand and how little he had to pay. Overdose's stock since has skyrocketted to the stratosphere, from 3 grand to as much as 5 million euros ($8 million). Mikoczy says he has trouble sleeping at night, worrying if anything happened to his wonder horse.

Europe's, if not the world's, greatest jockey - Belgium's very expensive Christophe Soumillonin came to Budapest with his manager to mount Overdose free of charge. Soumillonin is the super-jockey that twice won five races in a single day. In Kincsem Park, where usual attendance is 1,000 patrons, it was a sellout crowd of 30,000 and a third of Hungary watched the live broadcast, it was truly a national spectator event. The volume of betting was so intense it crashed the old computerized betting system. The mighty duo smashed the track record, winning by 8 lengths to rapturous applause and loud joyous acclamation. Opinions are that the "Budapest Bullet" should be united and married to Europe's best jockey for a long and successful relationship. Soumillonin was delighted with Overdose's torque, pull-away power and matchless speed, and agreed to be Overdose's No. 1 rider, forgoing more lucrative offers.

Overdose was rated the world’s leading 3-year-old sprinter in the World Thoroughbred Rankings of 2008 at 120 pounds, just a pound behind European champion speedster Marchand D’Or.

Although only still a colt, the speedstars' owners say that he's now ready to compete at the highest levels. The pair will make their debut in June at the prestigous world famous Royal Ascot races in Great Britian. Overdose is already the favorite among British bookmakers for both the Group I Sprints at Royal Ascot, the five-furlong King’s Stand Stakes (June 16) and the six-furlong Golden Jubilee Stakes (June 20). Temple Stakes at England's Haydock Park clerk for the course, Kirkland Tellwright, in Budapest was duly impressed: "It was absolutely unbelievable. It is like Seabiscuit."

There's talk of Overdose coming to the United States for the Breeders’ Cup if all goes according to plan in Europe.

A gain a proper perspective of Overdose's uncatchable speed with the rest of the field at not even 1000 meters, check out this picture. Overdose was essentially running "barefoot" having lost a front shoe at 400 meters and still smashing the Hungarian Grand Prix 1000 meter record with C. Soumillonin pulling the strings.

Recent articles:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...uj7iIkoY1OL03w

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...aded-to-europe

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...-on-star-horse

Last edited by Florian1972; April 28th, 2009 at 04:20.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2009, 03:38
Xtratime Elite

Nice report major! enjoyed reading that
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2009, 07:17 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Bentex, I'm not sure where Bentexico is exactly in England, but you happen to be in the right country, where're you going to be on June 16th and 20th?

Great Britain will hold their annual Royal Ascot races in June where all the world's top sprinters gather. Brittania will welcome perhaps the best colt to come out of central Europe in 130 years. Overdose's pedigree and bloodlines are one-half English & half-Irish but his management and soul is Hungarian and all of Hungary is very excited. Hungary's going through a semi-rough economic and political stanza, there're street demonstrations everyday it seems, one of reasons Overdose is called the "Hungarian Seabiscut".

Overdose is going to be chauffered by the Belgian ace Mr. Christophe Soumillonin, undoubtably the best jockey in Europe if not the world. Soumillonin is both very financially secure not to mention to being the best pilot of horses; he recognized that a colt like Overdose only arrives once a century that's why he's going to mount for personal pleasure and exact and muster every possible ounce of Overdose's energy and talent.

The five-furlong King’s Stand Stakes (June 16), Overdose is a 3-1 favorite. The 2nd favorite Marchand D'Or at 6-1 odds.

The six-furlong Golden Jubilee Stakes (June 20), Overdose is a 4-1 favorite. Again, No. 2 horse is Marchand D'Or at 6-1.

A furlong is 220 yards or 660 feet, 5-furlongs is 1 kilometer. Overdose has already proved successful at between 5 and 7 furlongs in Austria, Germany, Hungary, Italy and Slovakia. Overdose has outpaced quality horses at 7-furlongs with a throttle at max-burn and stamina at finish. Now he has a world-class renowed chauffer to sculpt his spirit and resourcefulness during races with "the Man" C. Soumillonin aboard.

Overdose and C. Soumillonin are a 10-1 favorites for the sprint double at Ascot.

Here's "the Man" with the strings and Overdose at the Hungarian Grand Prix:

It's not me stating these early odds, it's the austute, sharp wise owl British oddsmaker intelligencia:

If I was living in England Bentex, I would definately go to Ascot at Bershire in June with my buddies, pay the gate fee, mingle with the pro-Overdose fans and probably unload a week's worth of pay on June 16th. There's going to be quite a Hungarian contingent on hand for both races.

Last edited by Florian1972; April 28th, 2009 at 07:26.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2009, 07:37
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florian1972 View Post
Bentex, I'm not sure where Bentexico is exactly in England, but you happen to be in the right country, where're you going to be on June 16th and 20th?

If I was living in England Bentex, I would definately go to Ascot at Bershire in June with my buddies, pay the gate fee, mingle with the pro-Overdose fans and probably unload a week's worth of pay on June 16th. There's going to be quite a Hungarian contingent on hand for both races.
Who knows where I'll be then major I don't know where I'll be tomorrow yet

But no I think it's very unlikely I'd go I live in Long Eaton. It's half way in between Derby and Nottingham. I do go to Nottingham racecourse every now and then with my nephew. If Overdose ever races there I'll go
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2009, 08:14 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentex View Post

But no I think it's very unlikely I'd go I live in Long Eaton. It's half way in between Derby and Nottingham. I do go to Nottingham racecourse every now and then with my nephew. If Overdose ever races there I'll go
Bentex, have you captured the essense of what I was trying to say? Overdose was featured on the front page of the New York Times on April 20th.

Have you heard of Kincsem Bentex? The world's most successful racehorse was Kincsem, a Hungarian filly, she entered 54 races in the 19th century and thundered to 1st place in all her 54 races in every quarter of Europe, unimaginable bone-crunching sporting dominance. That was 120 years ago during the palmiest days of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. It has taken that long for Hungary to arrive at another racehorse to unite rare quantities of power, torque, prowess, ballast, acceleration and peerless speed to match Europe's best.

June 16th at Ascot is where all the world's top sprinters will congregate. Overdose is coming to the UK where you live in the summer, chauffered by a true consummate pro rider perhaps the best in the world bearing whispers of victory as a presummative 3-1 favorite at Europe's most prestigeous race course. Early analysis and British oddsmaker intelligence reckon that Overdose is the top sprinter at Ascot. They'd never peg a horse a 3-1 favorite unless there's some sureity.

Take your nephew out to Ascot, Berkshire, on June 16th, take the whole band with you, this oughtn't to be missed.

Last edited by Florian1972; April 28th, 2009 at 08:25.
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2009, 08:25
Star Player

Teams: Gills, Újpest, Celtic, Hungary, Inter, Barca, Hampton
Quote:
.....there're street demonstrations everyday it seems.....
Really? :rollani:

HAJRÁ LILÁK

ÉS

MAGYAROK!

http://twitter.com/lilakgillsbhoy

NB1 and various other football pix at:

http://tinyurl.com/UGfoci

Hungary, Art, Bikes, Travel, Speedway, Hoki and more at:

http://tiny.cc/UGphotography
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2009, 10:07
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Bentex, have you captured the essense of what I was trying to say? Overdose was featured on the front page of the New York Times on April 20th.

Have you heard of Kincsem Bentex? The world's most successful racehorse was Kincsem,

Take your nephew out to Ascot, Berkshire, on June 16th, take the whole band with you, this oughtn't to be missed.
Yes...I understand what it means to have the news on the front cover on the NY times I have also heard of Kincsem. And it would be my nephew who takes me. You would like him as a nephew too. He brings me home when I'm drunk
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2009, 07:45
Xtratime Elite

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2011, 19:35
Xtratime Elite

What's the latest?
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2011, 21:17
International

Teams: USA and Hungarian NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentex View Post
What's the latest?
My Magyar buddy was talking about Overdose the other day..a few weeks ago he won in Germany and set a track record..now he's supposed to go to England to run.

Buy a football jersey and get a billboard
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2011, 22:55
Xtratime Elite

Nice! I hope hes back to his best.

btw, I watched an amanda peet movie the other day.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2011, 12:20
Premier Player

Teams: Lesztaváros,Hungary,RepIre, Leic Tigers(Rugby)
I had to check and recheck before mentioning this..(don't want to be accused of not reading the posts above)..

but you do know....Overdose was born in Nottinghamshire!!! (even though he is still a Hungarian thoroughbred).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overdose_(horse)

Great to hear he back to winning ways!!

LEICESTER CITY F.C. PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2015/2016

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in