Definition of a Football Club - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2008, 22:03 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: US, Revolution, Ferencvaros, Man Utd, Hungary
Definition of a Football Club

Here in the US we have a lot of clubs calling themselves Football Clubs, particularly in the youth ranks. Most of the clubs are "Pay to Play" options. Which means that we have a lot of kids paying, but not necessarily playing Football, if you understand what I am saying.

Here in Indiana, I would say that we have no Football culture among the clubs. We have a bunch of parents spending a lot of money to watch their "snowflakes" compete in the lawn chair league. I am finding that a lot of the parents never really played high level ball in any sport, let alone Football.

If I were start a traditional Football Club of the European type, what elements would we need to have for it to be a real Football Club?

We may have an opportunity to do just that here and I want to make sure we get it right. Thanks for your help.

"Why move around the world, if Eden was so near" - Neil Peart - Territories

Business Blogging Social Media Management Search Engine Optimization
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2011, 06:21
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
good question!

---------------------------------------------------------

Quotes about Bentex:

Laci - "mad, perhaps, but a genius nonetheless..."

Anon - "it's from Bentex, (Bentex being the Hungarian Sky Sports if you like)"

krle - "Bentex gives me the idea you can do ANYTHING on these forums"

Major - "Bentex you're a good sportsman nay you're a good and fair institution also"

Osman - "Bentex is the true super admin (blind as **** to have not noticed the super quick Terminator of an admin"

Reaperken - "I dream that I can be such a great and friendly person like you someday"

ILA - "Bentex and Reaperken for example are positive, beautiful, sincere people."

Pista bácsi - "Man, seems to me you know every football game that was ever played....you truly are amazing!"

My favourite active Hun XT users: Andor, Aron, bayernoatcake, Dandeer, Dan_895, emje, ente, Esik, Florian1972, Forky, fradi, GabyG, Laci, Magyar Angol, marciver, Pista Bácsi, Reaperken.

Hun XT users I'd like to see make a comeback:
bpblueandwhite, budaig, Carbajal*, deeuu, Domenico, EddieTheHun, Elyria*, Esytii, fc eindhoven, Florian Albert, Gabriella, GHemingway, hungaria, Kojak, komet, l1p1.29, magyaRulez, Máté, Munez, pnadeau, PoolGirl, rbandee, Roli's n°1 fan, Soproni, squelch, StuttgartMagyar, Szalay, TiB, yoyo14, zolik, Zozy1986. :hopeful:

My favourite Hungarian players: Király Gábor, Bodnár László, Juhász Roland, Szélesi Zoltán, Huszti Szabolcs, Vass Ádám, Stieber Zoltán, Koman Vladmir, Buzsáky Ákos, Tisza Tibor, Gera Zoltán, Torghelle Sándor, Németh Krisztián.

My favourite non-Hungarian players: Eric Cantona, Fernando Torres, Raúl, Diego Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Zinedine Zidane, Hristo Stoitchkov, Haim Revivo, Andrei Shevchenko, Alex Del Piero, Cristiano 'average bohóc' Ronaldo.

Team I don't like: Arsenal. If any Hungarian players joins Arsenal, Carbajal will tell you what I'll do to them.

Girls that I think are cuter than kittens: Tomasics Judit, Nelly Furtardo and a certain someone, no matter how loud she shouts at me when she's on the rag**.

King of XT: Boyo

Countries with the prettiest women: Middle Eastern (incl Turkish & Iranian) > Hungarians/Czech/Slovak > Spanish/Portuguese/Latin.

The most beautiful Hungarians: 5) Zimány Linda, 4) Debreczeni Zita, 3) DJ Niki Belucci, 2) Görög Zita, 1) Tomasics Judit

My favourite TV shows: 5)The Simpsons, 4) Prison Break, 3) LOST, 2) 24, 1) The Sopranos

My favourite films: 5)Terminator 2: Judgement day, 4) Trainspotting, 3) Goodfellas, 2) Usual Supects, 1) Donnie Brasco

My favourite takeaways in Bentexico: 5)Honey Dew, 4) Midland Kebabs, 3) Ocean City, 2) Happy House, 1) Bilal & Nuri kebabs

My favourite prescription durgs: 5) Temezapam 4) Pethidine, 3) Codeine phosphate, 2) Dihydrocodeine, 1) Morphine.

My favourite Beards: 5) Emje's 2009 4) Dark Andy's 2007, 3) Kajoo's 2006, 2) Kojak's 2006, 1) Bentex 2004.

Hun XT's best Stalkers: 5) Jens (Tisza) 4) PoolGirl (Németh), 3) Judit (Buzsáky), 2) Daisy (Bodor), 1) Celine (Juhász).

My Heroes (in no order) : Léderer Ákos, Kótai Mihaly, Tisza Tibor, Rocco Siffredi, Jack Bauer, Torghelle Sándor, Eric Cantona, Hungaria, Máté, My cousin Imre, Andor, emje, Munez, Béka, Reaperken, Dr Singh, Ashley Cole, John Terry, Jimmy Carr, Adam Sandler, Rupert Murdoch, Kink Dink, (king) Boyo, Doc Rule, Cengo, Tolga, Osman, Cristiano Ronaldo, Bölöni László, Tony Soprano, Eminem...TBC.

The best James Bonds: 5) Daniel Craig, 4) Timothy Dalton, 3) Roger Moore, 2) Pierce Brosnan , 1) Sean Connery. :sweeteye:

My favourite cereals : 5) Bran flakes, 4) Suger puffs, 3) Crunchy nut corn flakes, 2)Corn Flakes, 1) Ricicles.

Hun XT's most emotional members: 5) Major, 4) Ultrafox, 3) Carbajal, 2) Elyria, 1) ILA.

Hun XT's most biased members : 5) Joe Henderson, 4) Pista bácsi, 3) MagyarStuttgart, 2) Bentex, 1) MagyarAngol.

Hun XT's best bácsis : 5) Zsolti bácsi, 4) Pali bácsi, 3) Dávid bácsi, 2) Laci bácsi, 1) Pista bácsi.

Reasons why I hate Fradi : 5) XT Fradi 'fans' only appearing to defend Fradi during scandals, 4) Media focusing on their scandals, and not the other teams football, 3) Their fans beating their own players on the final day of the 2002/3 season, 2) Their fans monkey chanting their own black players, 1) László Csaba telling his players to break the legs of the Sopron players during the 2005 magyar kupa.

My favourite Paul Scholes goals:

*2007 versions.
** I'm not actually sure she was on the rag, but she won't answer my messages since then. So I'm just assuming.

Ladies and Gentleman. Thanks for reading the great wall of Bentex™ (no abuse of admin powers was used before, during or after making it).

Vote about my sig

Last edited by Bentex; May 10th, 2011 at 20:49.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2011, 13:52
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
Pay the UEFA to enable you to win games.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2011, 16:35
Premier Player

Teams: Lesztaváros,Hungary,RepIre, Leic Tigers(Rugby)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali bácsi View Post
Here in the US we have a lot of clubs calling themselves Football Clubs, particularly in the youth ranks. Most of the clubs are "Pay to Play" options. Which means that we have a lot of kids paying, but not necessarily playing Football, if you understand what I am saying.

Here in Indiana, I would say that we have no Football culture among the clubs. We have a bunch of parents spending a lot of money to watch their "snowflakes" compete in the lawn chair league. I am finding that a lot of the parents never really played high level ball in any sport, let alone Football.

If I were start a traditional Football Club of the European type, what elements would we need to have for it to be a real Football Club?

We may have an opportunity to do just that here and I want to make sure we get it right. Thanks for your help.
Szövkap was asking a similar question with regard to setting up a young Hungarian club in germany when his son is ready to play.

It's worth asking the local FA...since they should be able to subsidise some of the costs. FIFA has tonnes of money to invest in grassroots initiatives (which sounds like what you want to do)

But what's a real club anyway?
Something affliated to FIFA via the local FA?

There's loads of advice on the net...here's an example...though the US regulations may be different. http://www.escfl.co.uk/clubstart.htm

LEICESTER CITY F.C. PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2015/2016

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in