Avatar a ravatalon - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 22:50
Vendég

What your avatar means to U? What do U want to express with it? Why U do not have any avatar? Why did U change your avatar? ...and so on, and so on...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 22:55
Premier Player

Teams: Ehh guess...
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogfromthemud
Could U explain what your avatar means?
Solidarity with the hungarian minorities abroad, nothing more nothing less. I can understand though its offending to someone who choose a red star with a hammer and sickle as his avatar.
post #3 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 23:00
Vendég

To B honest, for many people is the Árpád sávos címer, zászló, etc offensive. It has just too many bad connotations. does not need to B friendly with red star, hammer and stickle for it.

Last edited by Vendég; July 2nd, 2007 at 23:12.

post #4 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 23:01
International

He will explain now they are not identical
post #5 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 23:06
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbajal
Oh, what's wrong with hammer and sickle? They are ancient and useful tools. No allusion there, just like yours must have no allusion at all to some political systems. Allusions you could avoid if you wanted to, and express your solidarity whatsoever in other ways.
To many people the christian cross is an offensive symbol so should we stop using it. You cant avoid allusions cos people will always have them nomather what symbol is used. Carbajal is right about the tools though but the difference between your symbol and mine is that you are actually breaking both the Hungarian and the XT law by using it while i am not. So take your avatar down immediatly

And no they are not identical.
post #6 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 23:07
International

You are constantly breaking those rules, so I cannot see why we bother. But I will switch anyway in a minute.
post #7 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 23:09
International

Here we go - actually I prefer this one. Glad to see anyway the Movie thread free of your presence now.
post #8 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 23:12
Premier Player

I havent broken a single one but ok in your world anything can happen. And yes i ended the lecturing of you cos you took back your offensive comment that stupid people are assholes so there was actually no more to say.

Good you changed both your immature stance and your illegal avatar.
post #9 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 23:21
Vendég

Why do U think Árpád sáv shows solidarity with Hungarian minorities?
post #10 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 23:23
International

Oh, I was being lectured because I was immature. Did not notice, sorry.
While for you breaking rules: you constantly discuss political issues (actually you did NOTHING ELSE here for the last year), your avatar is of political nature (even in the way you claim it to be, it is), and you keep offending people. Never mind. And let me remind you: I can put back my last avatar, because it was not identical to the political symbol (just like yours is soooo different from the one that can offend people), it was of different colour, and I can use it to claim my solidarity to working people.
post #11 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 23:24
Star Player

Teams: MTK,MTK II,Hungary,Newcastle United
my avatar is simple - my favourite Hungarian player
expressing my love for the club just as my sig
I had Németh Krisz earlier not because he was the media darling and not because he signed for Liverpool just he had a very good form then and helped the team a lot
also Tisza - avatar bet

no. 9Pál Andris!!!

MTK Budapest FC

founded: 1888. nov. 16th
champions: 23x
cup winners: 12x
supercup winners: 2x
cup winners cup runners-up: 1x
central-european cup winners: 2x
post #12 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 23:25
Premier Player

Because àrpád is our common root nomather which polithical entity we are living in today. Its not the only one of course but its one that has a large symbolic value.
post #13 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 23:26
JESTER OF SORTS
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Dortmund, Leverkusen
Previous ones :

Tribute to the greatest actor in history.

During the last games in Primera Liga, supporting one of my favorite players. Highly underrated and a definite legend.

My favorite pic of myself.

Current Avatar :

Haha, your god.

Last edited by SAD ANDY; July 2nd, 2007 at 23:35.
post #14 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 23:28
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungaria
Because ŕrpád is our common root nomather which polithical entity we are living in today. Its not the only one of course but its one that has a large symbolic value.
And of all those that could express this common root, you just managed to pick one which is just slightly different from a mass murdering symbol.
post #15 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 23:34
Vendég

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungaria
Because àrpád is our common root nomather which polithical entity we are living in today. Its not the only one of course but its one that has a large symbolic value.
Well...I do ot really think that Árpád himself has too much genetical relatonship with living Hungarians. As much a remember, genetically closest relationship the Hungarians today has with Serbs and Croatians and Slovakians.

Cultural roots R a different issue, but I think we R more influenced by István, kossuth...and current Hollywood directors ..and some pople has real influenced by local heroes like Majka.
post #16 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 23:36
JESTER OF SORTS
Xtratime Legend

post #17 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 23:36
Vendég

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK ANDY
Previous ones :

Tribute to the greatest actor in history.

During the last games in Primera Liga, supporting one of my favorite players. Highly underrated and a definite legend.

My favorite pic of myself.

Current Avatar :

Hold on I'm putting it up.
I really liked Latyi avatar. And Beckam did show me continously that he is not a "spice-boy", but a real figther and sportman.
post #18 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 23:37
JESTER OF SORTS
Xtratime Legend

I hope he does well in ML..F.
post #19 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 23:47
Premier Player

Quote:
Oh, I was being lectured because I was immature. Did not notice, sorry.
While for you breaking rules: you constantly discuss political issues (actually you did NOTHING ELSE here for the last year), your avatar is of political nature (even in the way you claim it to be, it is), and you keep offending people. Never mind. And let me remind you: I can put back my last avatar, because it was not identical to the political symbol (just like yours is soooo different from the offending people), it was of different colour, and I can use it to claim my solidarity to working people.
Do whatever you want i wasnt the one going nuts about an avatar to start with. And i thought we were finished but you just come back even though we have closed down the issue, and even though you said you didnt want to discuss with me.

Quote:
And of all those that could express this common root, you just managed to pick one which is just slightly different from a mass murdering symbol.
Didnt i told you its anti intellectual bullshit to draw conclusions without facts? I tried to be nice and give you a good advice and now you once again just show your ignorrance. I wasnt the one who picked it, it IS the symbol of solidarity with all the Hungarians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogfromthemud
Well...I do ot really think that Árpád himself has too much genetical relatonship with living Hungarians. As much a remember, genetically closest relationship the Hungarians today has with Serbs and Croatians and Slovakians.

Cultural roots R a different issue, but I think we R more influenced by István, kossuth...and current Hollywood directors ..and some pople has real influenced by local heroes like Majka.
I didnt say anything about genetics, i dont claim any such think and you are right btw but the symbolic value is stilll strong.
As i said there are other symbols to.
post #20 of 115 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 23:48
JESTER OF SORTS
Xtratime Legend

OMFG you is offensive.

Take it downs.

<- *BOOM*

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in