Hungary at Eurovision - Xtratime Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 15:51 Thread Starter
Premier Player
 
Ultrafox's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Luxembourg
Teams: Lesztaváros,Hungary,RepIre, Leic Tigers(Rugby)
Posts: 2,457
Firstly Elyria...very nice avatar!! Very different from your usual types.

Secondly....anyone watching Hungary in the Eurovision Song Contest tonight! The Semi Final. What are their chances of getting through to Saturdays final???

Eurovision is always a good laugh , especially the bias voting. I missed Hungary's participation over the years! Who will and won't vote for Hungary?

The songs are generally irrelevant!!

LEICESTER CITY F.C. PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2015/2016
Ultrafox is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 15:57
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend
 
Andor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2005
Location: Katowice
Teams: In Immers we trust
Posts: 42,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrafox
Firstly Elyria...very nice avatar!! Very different from your usual types.

Secondly....anyone watching Hungary in the Eurovision Song Contest tonight! The Semi Final. What are their chances of getting through to Saturdays final???

Eurovision is always a good laugh , especially the bias voting. I missed Hungary's participation over the years! Who will and won't vote for Hungary?

The songs are generally irrelevant!!
Who's performing for us ? I don't follow it, only fags follow it here in Holland
Andor is offline  
post #3 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 15:58
Premier Player
 
Doddo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Teams: Hungary, Ferencváros, Remény54
Posts: 2,335
I won't vote. That's too expensive, I support Magyarország in all ways except for pathetic contests. Maybe I'll watch to get a little laugh. It's a gaycontest.
Doddo is offline  
 
post #4 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 16:04
International
 
Join Date: 12 2006
Teams: Hungary
Posts: 6,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrafox
Firstly Elyria...very nice avatar!! Very different from your usual types.
Thanks. It is Bentex-approved. I wanted one avatar that expresses the beauty and softness of the female body.

Quote:
Secondly....anyone watching Hungary in the Eurovision Song Contest tonight! The Semi Final. What are their chances of getting through to Saturdays final???
I am! Apparently there was an opinion poll in the Nordic countries and Magdi finished second. I think she has a chance. I have heard positive feedbacks from everywhere, only negative was that they said ballads hardly ever go far.

Quote:
Eurovision is always a good laugh , especially the bias voting. I missed Hungary's participation over the years! Who will and won't vote for Hungary?
Poland will definitely vote for us.
Elyria is offline  
post #5 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 16:05
International
 
Join Date: 12 2006
Teams: Hungary
Posts: 6,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor
Hurley from Lost turns me on
Who isn't turned on by Hurley?

I watch the Eurovision for the sheer campiness of it all. It's fun.
Elyria is offline  
post #6 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 16:22 Thread Starter
Premier Player
 
Ultrafox's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Luxembourg
Teams: Lesztaváros,Hungary,RepIre, Leic Tigers(Rugby)
Posts: 2,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyria
Thanks. It is Bentex-approved. I wanted one avatar that expresses the beauty and softness of the female body.
It certainly does that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyria
I am! Apparently there was an opinion poll in the Nordic countries and Magdi finished second. I think she has a chance. I have heard positive feedbacks from everywhere, only negative was that they said ballads hardly ever go far. )
We use to have Eurovision parties.....have friends around get pissed and scream laughing when Greece votes for Cyprus and Sweden vote for Norway! and everyone votes for Ireland!

Apparently Luxembourg won it frequently. I suppose because of the neutral vote.

As for ballads never winning...not true. I remember at least one slow ballad (rock n roll kids) by an Irish pianist winning once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyria
Poland will definitely vote for us.
I'll look out for that :smileani:

LEICESTER CITY F.C. PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2015/2016
Ultrafox is offline  
post #7 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 16:29
International
 
Join Date: 12 2006
Teams: Hungary
Posts: 6,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrafox
We use to have Eurovision parties.....have friends around get pissed and scream laughing when Greece votes for Cyprus and Sweden vote for Norway! and everyone votes for Ireland!
Haha, I'm usually watching it with the family, and we can always tell which country will give its 12 pointd to who. :howlweR: The guy on BBC is awesome. He is so cynic. Although when NOX represented Hungary, he called us gypsies. :-\

Quote:
As for ballads never winning...not true. I remember at least one slow ballad (rock n roll kids) by an Irish pianist winning once.
I said ballads hardly ever go far. It's because Eurovision is all about partying, dancing and making fool out of ourselves.
But Hungary's biggest success was Bayer Friderika's beautiful ballad "Kinek mondjam e vétkeimet?" Do you guys remember? She finished third.
Elyria is offline  
post #8 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 16:37 Thread Starter
Premier Player
 
Ultrafox's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Luxembourg
Teams: Lesztaváros,Hungary,RepIre, Leic Tigers(Rugby)
Posts: 2,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyria
Haha, I'm usually watching it with the family, and we can always tell which country will give its 12 pointd to who. :howlweR: The guy on BBC is awesome. He is so cynic. Although when NOX represented Hungary, he called us gypsies. :-\.
I was going to mention him. Terry Wogan!! What a star....He makes it worth watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyria
I said ballads hardly ever go far. It's because Eurovision is all about partying, dancing and making fool out of ourselves.
But Hungary's biggest success was Bayer Friderika's beautiful ballad "Kinek mondjam e vétkeimet?" Do you guys remember? She finished third.
I still have that show on video. Hungary's first participation! It was from The Point in Dublin...the same year Riverdance was premiered. Friderika was way out in front during the first 10 or so country votes...I thought that the competition was far too easy for Hungary to win. Alas....she faded as the end.

Why didn't Hungary participate over the last few years?

LEICESTER CITY F.C. PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2015/2016
Ultrafox is offline  
post #9 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 16:43
International
 
Join Date: 12 2006
Teams: Hungary
Posts: 6,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrafox
I was going to mention him. Terry Wogan!! What a star....He makes it worth watching.
That's true.

Quote:
I still have that show on video. Hungary's first participation! It was from The Point in Dublin...the same year Riverdance was premiered. Friderika was way out in front during the first 10 or so country votes...I thought that the competition was far too easy for Hungary to win. Alas....she faded as the end.
I was 10 years old but still remember clearly. She was a big star in Hungary, but then disappeared.

Quote:
Why didn't Hungary participate over the last few years?
I don't know. Lack of interest maybe.
Elyria is offline  
post #10 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 16:54
International
 
Carbajal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Éire
Posts: 6,895
Rúzsa Magdi on for Hungary... but Eurovision is a geopolitics+gay contest, it is true. But what's wrong with it?

The songs are great! I read somewhere that once a Hungarian folklorist in Cuba recongnized in a tribal ceremony "Elindultam szép hazámbúl", a song that was told by the sorceress who sang it coming from the ancestors in Africa
Carbajal is offline  
post #11 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 17:00
International
 
Join Date: 12 2006
Teams: Hungary
Posts: 6,011
And how can you not love Eurovisions? It gave us Abba and Dana International.

Quote:
I read somewhere that once a Hungarian folklorist in Cuba recongnized in a tribal ceremony "Elindultam szép hazámbúl", a song that was told by the sorceress who sang it coming from the ancestors in Africa
Hungarians get around.
Elyria is offline  
post #12 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 17:05 Thread Starter
Premier Player
 
Ultrafox's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Luxembourg
Teams: Lesztaváros,Hungary,RepIre, Leic Tigers(Rugby)
Posts: 2,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbajal
Rúzsa Magdi on for Hungary... but Eurovision is a geopolitics+gay contest, it is true. But what's wrong with it?

The songs are great! I read somewhere that once a Hungarian folklorist in Cuba recongnized in a tribal ceremony "Elindultam szép hazámbúl", a song that was told by the sorceress who sang it coming from the ancestors in Africa
Nothing is wrong with it...as long as you don't take it too seriously!

btw I know it's popular with gays (nothing wrong with that) but why does that make it a gay contest?

LEICESTER CITY F.C. PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2015/2016
Ultrafox is offline  
post #13 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 17:07
Xtratime Elite
 
Bentex's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2002
Location: Bentexico
Teams: Magyar NT
Posts: 79,398
Blog Entries: 3
Eurovision deserves a separate topic
Bentex is offline  
post #14 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 17:25 Thread Starter
Premier Player
 
Ultrafox's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Luxembourg
Teams: Lesztaváros,Hungary,RepIre, Leic Tigers(Rugby)
Posts: 2,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentex
Eurovision deserves a separate topic
I was thinking of setting up a separate thread. But it will only be discussed until Monday.......then not for another year!:smileani:

Unless of course Hungary win it.

I'll check out Magdi's song tonight...though ....whoops , I almost forgot......quality has nothing to do with it.....

LEICESTER CITY F.C. PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2015/2016
Ultrafox is offline  
post #15 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 17:54
Xtratime Elite
 
Bentex's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2002
Location: Bentexico
Teams: Magyar NT
Posts: 79,398
Blog Entries: 3


<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KHPMae29iOw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KHPMae29iOw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Bentex is offline  
post #16 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 18:50 Thread Starter
Premier Player
 
Ultrafox's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Luxembourg
Teams: Lesztaváros,Hungary,RepIre, Leic Tigers(Rugby)
Posts: 2,457
Interesting video!

LEICESTER CITY F.C. PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2015/2016
Ultrafox is offline  
post #17 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 18:50
Xtratime Elite
 
Bentex's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2002
Location: Bentexico
Teams: Magyar NT
Posts: 79,398
Blog Entries: 3
I only managed 10s of it.
Bentex is offline  
post #18 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 18:58
Star Player
 
MagyarStuttgart's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Teams: VfB, Magyar U21
Posts: 2,664
Eurovision - now that's the real sport

What times it on tonight by the way? I hate watching the performances, but i'm always interested in the votings :smileani:
MagyarStuttgart is offline  
post #19 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 19:00
International
 
Join Date: 12 2006
Teams: Hungary
Posts: 6,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentex
Eurovision deserves a separate topic
Damn right. Thank you, Bentex.

It starts at 9 pm tonight. At least on m1.
Elyria is offline  
post #20 of 234 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2007, 19:14
Xtratime Elite
 
Bentex's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2002
Location: Bentexico
Teams: Magyar NT
Posts: 79,398
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagyarStuttgart
Eurovision - now that's the real sport



Quote:
Originally Posted by MagyarStuttgart
but i'm always interested in the votings :smileani:
That's all I tune in for
Bentex is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome