2018 World Cup Qualification: Armenia @ Montenegro. June 10, 2017. - Xtratime Community
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 01:47 Thread Starter
Armenian Scout
International

Teams: Armenia NT, Pyunik
2018 World Cup Qualification: Armenia @ Montenegro. June 10, 2017.

This important game deserves its own thread. Montenegro lost to Iran 1-2 but are the Home team. We are on a 3 game winning streak. Lots at stake for both teams here. Discuss.
Misho likes this.

Last edited by MER HAYRENIK; June 5th, 2017 at 16:40.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 04:29
Rising Star

Teams: Armenian National Football Team
Both of Iran's goals came from long balls to Montenegro's left side - so we should play long pass football, specially through our right flank. Both Tomasevic and in the second half Basa looked off. Their CB duo is going to be Simic-Savic, that still look insecure, as did their goalie Petkovic (who did remind me a lot of Beglaryan). The fact that they got 2 goals scored on them does nothing but weaken their spirit.
Their best central midfielder (Vukcevic) as well as their usual starting goalkeeper (Bozovic) weren't even on the bench vs Iran. Not sure the reason behind their exclusion.
Their attack looks deadly, though: Jovetic-Beciraj-Djordjevic
They remain a better side than us as a whole, more solid and compact and with the typical Balkanic mindset that make them excel at sports - but I strongly believe that, if playing efficiently, harm can be done on them.
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 04:51 Thread Starter
Armenian Scout
International

Teams: Armenia NT, Pyunik
lol what kind of bs is "typical Balkan mindset that makes them excel at sports." This is a team we already beat and you don't get a goal for being Balkan. Let's keep racial stereotypes out of match analysis.
Hakop, shiaben and MOMMO like this.

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 09:05
Rookie

LOL One of the worst analysis I've ever read.
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 09:46
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Quote:
Originally Posted by MER HAYRENIK View Post
lol what kind of bs is "typical Balkan mindset that makes them excel at sports." This is a team we already beat and you don't get a goal for being Balkan. Let's keep racial stereotypes out of match analysis.
Yeah man lol Montenegro is not what it used to be. Montenegro and Macedonia are pretty weak at this point in time. They're quite beatable. Jovetic isn't as good as he used to be, capable of having bad games as well. Teams sometimes might have trouble scoring on their defenders since they excel in this area but they're quite a beatable team if you have a decent competent midfield. They don't have any dominant midfielders as far as I recall. I think if you have Henrikh available for this game you shouldn't have any problems. The only thing I guess that could let you down is if your centerbacks have a poor night.
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 14:58
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Shirak
It's gonna be a pretty even match. We have the momentum, but playing away and with important players missing. I'm still confident we can take away 3 points from MNG.

In AP I trust.
Hakop likes this.
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 18:42
Rising Star

See guys? You keep bashing and you call the sport "soccer"
Go eat apple pie or invade the middle east before calling names
If you don't know balkanic nations do great at sports, then you don't know sports.
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 18:45
Rising Star

Quote:
Plus I never said we don't have chances. And it's not a stereotype.
Armenians excelling at chess and wrestling is not stereotypical, is it?
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2017, 18:53
Rising Star

Quote:
For future reference, "bullsh*t" is not the proper way to maintain an argument around football. Leave the alpha male nonsense to aperos who actually make profit off it.
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 01:09
Premier Player

Teams: Armenia l Arsenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haygazuni View Post
See guys? You keep bashing and you call the sport "soccer"
Go eat apple pie or invade the middle east before calling names
If you don't know balkanic nations do great at sports, then you don't know sports.
take a chill pill man no one is bashing you. i personally have no idea what the "balkan mindset" is. care to elaborate on that?
post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 01:20
Wikipedia Editor
Premier Player

Teams: Bosnia_NT
At most you can get a draw and it will take some doing. This game is last chance for Montenegro to ensure a top 2 finish and their thinking is it is a must win game.

"Ovaj pristup je možda dovoljan za mađarsku ligu, ali je ovo ipak evropska utakmica".- Thomas Doll (23.7.2015).

"Imam osjećaj da postoje ljudi koji stalno gledaju u sat kad će nestati Bosna i Hercegovina, to traje predugo. A ne znaju da oni imaju satove, a BiH ima vrijeme." - Haris Silajdžić (6.12.2017).
post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 01:28
Premier Player

Teams: PALIO PASOK! (to orthodoxo*), +Olympiacos, Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haygazuni View Post
Tbh only a handful of them are actually good and successful in multiple sports. Most of them are interested (wouldn't say successful though) only in football and that's it.

Tha Seveste!
post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 02:11
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael818 View Post
take a chill pill man no one is bashing you. i personally have no idea what the "balkan mindset" is. care to elaborate on that?
Yes they are bashing me. Otherwise they'd ask what you asked off the start instead of calling names and stuff.
But since you ask, I'll elaborate. They put so much into sports since their childhood that they end up being sports machines at what they do. Particularly at football, basketball, volleyball and tennis.
Take Armenia, for instance. They put so much into wrestling that many Armenian born males end up knowing how to wrestle or box, and those who pursue that career as a proffession end up being world stars or at least over average - all this even though usually having very poor training centres.
For former Yugoslavic republics that's the case in the aforementioned sports.
post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 02:22
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proedros View Post
Tbh only a handful of them are actually good and successful in multiple sports. Most of them are interested (wouldn't say successful though) only in football and that's it.
Tennis: Djokovic, Raonic, Cilic, Dimitrov, Karlovic, Troicki, Tomic, Tipsarevic, etc
Basketball: Jokic, Hezonja, Bogdanovic, Goran and Zoran Dragic...
Volleyball: Bulgaria and Serbia ranked amongst the world's top 15 countries
Football: Needs no further elaboration
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 02:48
Premier Player

Teams: PALIO PASOK! (to orthodoxo*), +Olympiacos, Greece
^
You listed some individuals, I'm actually speaking of achievements (medals, trophies etc). Sure no doubt producing athletes of that quality is great but you need to capitalise on that. Serbia and Croatia (Greece too unless you don't consider them as a Balkan nation) have done that overall but the rest except of Bulgaria in volleyball and Slovenia in basketball are pretty poor in sports, again overall speaking. So it's basically 3 or 4 out of 10 countries in Balkans which have done something worth bragging.

A little bit OT though
shiaben and MER HAYRENIK like this.

Tha Seveste!
post #16 of 65 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 04:07
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proedros View Post
^
You listed some individuals, I'm actually speaking of achievements (medals, trophies etc). Sure no doubt producing athletes of that quality is great but you need to capitalise on that. Serbia and Croatia (Greece too unless you don't consider them as a Balkan nation) have done that overall but the rest except of Bulgaria in volleyball and Slovenia in basketball are pretty poor in sports, again overall speaking. So it's basically 3 or 4 out of 10 countries in Balkans which have done something worth bragging.

A little bit OT though
Nah I wasn't talking about achievements (medals or trophies). I was talking quality. It wouldn't be fair to talk about achievements because before being all those separate states, most of these countries were part of Yugoslavia. It's like when my mates talk to me about Armenia not achieving much in some sports - it's obvious, as it's a country with less than 3 million inhabitants that's been independent for only 25 years.
post #17 of 65 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 04:24
Rising Star

I'm now watching footage from our campaign so far. We've got reasons to believe a win is possible, but under no circumstance should we be overconfident.
I hope Daghbashyan, Grigoryan and Korian (the newest members) are fit after sunday's game. Defensive line should be the same for saturday, may be adding Kamo and making it a 5 men defense would be safer though.
post #18 of 65 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 06:13
Premier Player

Teams: Armenian NT, Newcastle United
GK: Beglaryan
RB: Yedigaryan
CBs: Voskanyan & Andonian (Haroyan is suspended I think)
LB: Hairapetyan (AP wont start Daghbashyan after one game)
CMs Heno, Marcos, Artak Grigoryan
RM: Kamo
LM: Tigran Barseghyan
CF: Korian

Aras, and Manu off the bench at 55' minute mark

The only position I'm uncertain about is the LM position.
Kamo's speed, Marcos' passing, and Heno's with the ball runs are key to our counterattacks against MNG.

Balkan countries that apparently excel at sport because of the "Balkan mindset" is incorrect because the same could be said for the countries in the Caucasus in collective as well. Or even the Scandinavian countries.
post #19 of 65 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 07:35
World Class Player

Balkan countries remind me of us in a lot of ways. They're chokers lol
post #20 of 65 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2017, 07:42
Rising Star

Teams: Chelsea, Armenia NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCFC Tiko View Post

The only position I'm uncertain about is the LM position
Am i the only one who thinks Barseghyan isn't that good as a LM? He just seems so ****ing slow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in