Genuine question re: watching footy in Armenia! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2014, 14:29 Thread Starter
Rookie

Genuine question re: watching footy in Armenia!

Hi folks,

I'm visiting Armenia for the first time in September/October this year, I'm pretty excited. I also love watching football, so I wanted to see if I could catch a game.

My best option looks to be the 28 September when both FC Ararat Yerevan and FC Banants are playing at home (I've taken fixtures from a website and I assume they are accurate).

How easy is it to get into a game as someone that can't speak Armenian?! Are the grounds easy to find? Would I need a ticket in advance or could I pay on the day? Which game would be better to go to?

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2014, 16:22
Rising Star

Teams: SK Sturm Graz
September 28th Banants is playing at home againist shirak, that would be a nice game of the two best armenian teams..
I don't know how to get tickets, but in fact there aren't more than 1,500 spectators and the capacity of banants stadium is about 6,000

On Ocotber 4th, Banants is facing Ulisses at home, Ulisses has a new team and maybe they can do a good job next season, could be a good game

ararat at the moment is nothing special if they don't look for notable new players, they'd be the worst team in APL, alashkert could be a surprising team, but not for sure..

On September 27th Ulisses is playing againist record-champion pyunik.. if you want to see pyunik talents you should watch this game...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2014, 11:39 Thread Starter
Rookie

Cool, thanks a lot for the reply!

The Banants games on the 29th and 4th look do-able for me. Do you know where the stadium is and how easy it is to get to from downtown Yerevan?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2014, 18:21
Yedigaryan for Pres.
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Armenia NT, France NT, Inter Milan, and LA Kings
Banants stadium is located in Malatia, Yerevan. It's about a 15 min taxi ride and shouldn't be too expensive in terms of american money
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2014, 19:11
World Class Player

Teams: Armenia NT, FC Pyunik, Barca, Arsenal
You can travel there with taxi or bus. Also from the center you can walk to many locations. Entries to the games are free there is no charge and most people speak some english nowadays so you can get your point across.

Riding taxis try to use the taxis with yellow license plates so you dont get charged more then what it should cost.

KICH ENK BYTS HAYENK

RIP IAN PORTERFIELD YOU WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2014, 13:56 Thread Starter
Rookie

Free to get in to the games?! Really? That's great - will certainly help when trying to persuade my girlfriend to go...!

Thanks for the taxi advice too.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in