ARMENIAN ULTRAS - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 15:05 Thread Starter
International

Teams: Armenia
ARMENIAN ULTRAS

Hello boys!

Alright, as we all know football hasn't been that popular in Armenia since 73 and we have all suffered a lot following our team, but since this recent BOOM we have gotten our hopes up and have begun following Armenian Football a lot. I have personally seen us lose lose lose lose , draw against andorra, lose lose, win against andorra , lose, draw against andorra.

So it means a lot to people who have followed our team even when they have lost and see us florish like this. Like Croatia, Serbia , Greece who have very dedicated fans they have developed some kind of hooligans/troublemaker image and honestly I think the opponents get a bit frightened of the fans , since they are so wild and loud. So, my question is , when will this come to Armenia, and dont tell me the FAF since they are only singing and not making that much sound. And look at Serbias fans, they are screaming. I haven't heard that scream in our supporters and I'm disappointed. So, I want us to develop a hooligan firm for our national team so that we dont get embarrased. I doubt the FAF will stand up and fight. And BTW, who is going to the denmark away game next year??=P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 15:55
Baron Dants

Ya I don't think we should follow the example of the Serbians.

As a side note, I thought this was a post about ARMENIAN ULTRAS the poster, aka Sergey, and I'm seriously getting worried about him.
post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 16:04 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Dants View Post
Ya I don't think we should follow the example of the Serbians.

As a side note, I thought this was a post about ARMENIAN ULTRAS the poster, aka Sergey, and I'm seriously getting worried about him.
Well some kind of hooligans/loudmouth group is mandantory for a team of our class. Maybe not the Serbians, but the Croats, Greeks etc. The FAF consists of like 50% women so we dont make that much noise when we score. That scream i havent heard in our supporters. Sorry for bad english, im from sweden

post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 17:29
World Class Player

Teams: Armenia NT, FC Pyunik, Barca, Arsenal
I thought it was about Sergey also/ What happened to him. Hope his not banned or something and he can not communicate with us, I think Ihave his phone number from previous Pms we had 2 years ago.. I will check to see if i have his number and call him.

KICH ENK BYTS HAYENK

RIP IAN PORTERFIELD YOU WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 18:08 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by edonno1 View Post
I thought it was about Sergey also/ What happened to him. Hope his not banned or something and he can not communicate with us, I think Ihave his phone number from previous Pms we had 2 years ago.. I will check to see if i have his number and call him.
guys!
post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 18:24
Baron Dants

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynationalist View Post
guys!
lol back on topic. The 'ultras' in all the countries you listed are, from what I've read, comprised of the country's most backward elements.

I say better for us if our matches are being attended by true fans and families who are out there to enjoy themselves and not cause unnecessary sh*t.

In terms of loudness, I think we're better than many other countries anyway.

I may be a little boring but I'd rather see a wholesome football culture develop than some of the embarassing stuff we see in Eastern Europe.
post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 19:24 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
lol back on topic. The 'ultras' in all the countries you listed are, from what I've read, comprised of the country's most backward elements.

I say better for us if our matches are being attended by true fans and families who are out there to enjoy themselves and not cause unnecessary sh*t.

In terms of loudness, I think we're better than many other countries anyway.

I may be a little boring but I'd rather see a wholesome football culture develop than some of the embarassing stuff we see in Eastern Europe.

Haha, alright. I dont want to be mean or anything but it says you live in montreal so there is really no hooligan culture in the mls. If you have gone to a couple of very intense derbys like Roma Lazio or rivalry games like Ajax - Feyenoord. and been in a couple of subway shouting moments and getting a few punches you will probably look at it in another perspective brother!

Yes it is boring as hell not having a loudy supporters since it doesn't add that almost frightening adrenalin moments. Anyway, whos going to denmark to kick some dane ass??=)
post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 19:33 Thread Starter
International

And what if we meet Turkey or Georgia, even croatia. Whos gonna stand their ground?, a couple of fat gagos from FAF, please. We'll be laughed at in whole europe. :P
post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 20:25
Baron Dants

Last edited by Baron Dants; January 19th, 2012 at 19:29.
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 20:55 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayko View Post
Aper you should start a hooligan movement you can call it BAF: Badass Armenian Fans

Problem is I dont live in Armenia, and in the Armenian league I dont think we would have any kind of opposition or rivals except maybe bananaboys(banants) and Shirak.=P

So what do you say boys!, lets start a movement!, make a reputation around europe! =P

I'm So fvcking westside that I'm a communist
post #11 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 20:58
International

Teams: Armenian NT, FC Ararat, Liverpool, Toronto FC
I feel like Narek Papazyan is behind all this...
post #12 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 21:00 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Aper you should start a hooligan movement you can call it BAF: Badass Armenian Fans
Are you mocking me?

post #13 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 21:03 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markiko View Post
I feel like Narek Papazyan is behind all this...

My name is Sevak and I'm from Stockholm, Sweden.

post #14 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 21:06
Baron Dants

My, what a delightfully awkward turn of events.
post #15 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 21:06 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
yea
Let's wait for a european armenian to write here and not some MLS fans who haven't seen a real football atmosphere.

post #16 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 21:08
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Quote:
from what I've read, comprised of the country's most backward elements.

Not always true man, but you can see why the media would try to spin it that way as these guys are usually as organised as an army and can do damage to their population control.

Our ultras help large Serbian families who can't pay their bills, they supply food and other stuff to our brothers left in Kosovo and do many more humanitarian things.

Of course there is also an element of fighters within the group, but that's normal in our region and real hooligans don't attack innocent bystanders, only other crews.

And this is just my opinion, but until you've been part of the madness in the clip below, you haven't really experienced football.

Good part starts around 2 minutes..

At the same time families should not be overlooked. But there are usually four stands in a stadium and if one of them is like this, would it really bother the rest?

Just my 2 cents guys!
post #17 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 21:14 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krle View Post
Not always true man, but you can see why the media would try to spin it that way as these guys are usually as organised as an army and can do damage to their population control.

Our ultras help large Serbian families who can't pay their bills, they supply food and other stuff to our brothers left in Kosovo and do many more humanitarian things.

Of course there is also an element of fighters within the group, but that's normal in our region and real hooligans don't attack innocent bystanders, only other crews.

And this is just my opinion, but until you've been part of the madness in the clip below, you haven't really experienced football.

Good part starts around 2 minutes..

At the same time families should not be overlooked. But there are usually four stands in a stadium and if one of them is like this, would it really bother the rest?

Just my 2 cents guys!

Thankyou brother. The reason why we don't have strong ultras is because the majority of armenians who follow our team has been doing it for only a couple of months, which is a shame, your ultras is really great and is crucial for the boys in the team since they feel one with the crowd. And you're right , you cant judge ultras without being part of one , atleast once. My best experience, Roma - Lazio, the best atmosphere I have seen. And I hope that Serbia qualifies in 2014, and right!

KOSOVO JE SRBIJA!!!

post #18 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 21:19
Xtratime Legend

Thanks brother! And I always wish Armenia well and I'm still mad about the robbery against the Irish!

And these things take time to develop. Our Ultras came to live in the 80's, soon after that we (Red Star) won the European Cup in 1991 and things grew from there. Now our football is shit compared to those times, but our fans are still among the best on the planet. At least something to be proud of IMO.
post #19 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 21:27
Baron Dants

lol I'm glad you didn't take offence from what I wrote and ya, the video looks like a damn good time.

I can understand that different situations and contexts lead to the development of such groups, but I'd really rather football supporters in Armenia limit themselves to supporting football.

Other thing is, (post-Soviet) Armenia doesn't really have a big tradition of club rivalry yet, so all these groups wouldn't really make too much sense.
post #20 of 88 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2011, 21:35
Xtratime Legend

Oh no worries mate, I can see how bad it can look from the outside at times, but the good things never get reported in the same manner by the international media. That mess in Genoa had nothing to do with Ultras, but was more of a political statement by a select group and believe me, none of us were happy about it.

I see your point about the lacking rivalries. Over time though, I'm sure some will develop.

Most important thing is that Armenian football is on the rise, I hope it continues that way!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in