ATTENTION! Prediction League Pool! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2007, 18:49
Baron Dants

ATTENTION! Prediction League Pool!

Sorry for the delay guys.

This is, I believe, the simplest way to manage the pool for the 2007 Armenian Prediction League:

- Every member who wants to participate must send a PM saying so to ME. Those who have already posted in the other thread, please send me the PM anyways, just for easier management. Deadline for the PM is Wednesday, April 11th, 12AM Eastern time (that is Tuesday the 10th at 9pm for the West Coasters, and I believe 9am Wednesday for Armenia).

- The tentative cost will be 15USD. The reasoning behind this is simple. Until now, I am pretty sure that we have at least 7 people. At 15 dollars a head, we have enough money to buy a jersey (with shipping). The cost of jersey + scarf + shipping should amount to around 120USD. This means that once we have over 8 members participating, the individual contribution would go lower, as I expect it to (for instance, with 12 participants, we're already at 10 bucks each). But just to be sure, anybody who is willing to participate must be ready to assume a MAXIMUM cost of 15USD. We will set the actual price once we have the full list of participants next Wednesday.

- Once the final list is compiled, and the individual cost is settled, the money must be sent to the 'bank', a role that must be assumed by one of the posters here. The 'bank' person must have a valid credit card, and must be willing to share his mailing address (through PM) with the participants who do not have a credit card and will be sending a check or cash. I'd offer to do it myself, but I have no credit card. For purposes of location and general reliability, I suggest either edonno or stecino to take up this position. Let me know if you're willing. The "bank" will naturally also have to order the prize at the end of the season. The money must be sent to the 'bank' by the following week (week of Monday, April 16th).
Please keep in mind that your full participation is assumed once you accept to participate in the pool, and it is therefore imperative for you to actually send the money, in order to not ruin the calculations for everybody else. This is also why we are a little strict on those qualified to participate. The 'bank' will confirm the reception of each participant's money.

- For reliability purposes, this pool is open to anybody with a minimum of 100 posts, and who is active in the Armenian forum. Exceptions can be made for people with fewer posts (or newer members), especially if you are acquainted with a regular poster who can confirm your "credibility". In any other situations, contact me or edonno1, so we can settle the matter. I don't see any problem with requiring a participant to be an active member of the Armenian forum, as there needs to be a certain level of trust in the handling of cash/credit card/yevayln, and I believe that level of comfort does exist among the regular posters here. I also don't imagine too many non-Armenians rushing to participate.

- Obviously, the winner of the Prediction League is not necessarily the winner of the pool. If you have chosen not to participate in the pool, and manage to win the prediction league, you will win nothing more than our most sincere congratulations, and the lifelong regret of having lost out on a NT jersey and scarf.

- In case the winner of the pool already owns an Armenian jersey and scarf, and does not want another one, he can choose to substitute the prize with other Armenian football merchandise (of equal or lesser value...like a much-desired Yerevan United jersey :P), or can choose to donate the money to an Armenian charity of his choice.

Good luck to everyone, and I expect your PM soon!

I am leaving the thread open, in case there are questions...but I hope we won't have to tinker around with the rules too much.

P.S.: I only know of YU's online shop. If anyone else knows cheaper alternatives, please post it here.

Last edited by Baron Dants; April 4th, 2007 at 20:46.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2007, 18:51
Baron Dants

wow...I didn't notice how long that post actually was. Sorry about that. I guess I'm finally putting this law school stuff to good use.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2007, 19:27
World Class Player

Teams: ARMENIAN NT/ S.S. LAZIO / SWEDISH NT
Deadline for the PM is Friday, April 6th.

It is very short time, let's take it 10 days atlist? Not a big deal if APL's firs round will start without this agreement. But as I said, only two days is not enough...

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2007, 19:38
Baron Dants

Ok... deadline for the PM extended till the day the APL kicks off (April 11). That leaves an entire week. I think it's pretty fair.
The money will have to be sent by the following week.
I have modified the main message in accordance.

Meanwhile, I will keep you guys posted as to how many people have signed up in this thread. As the number gets bigger, more people might be willing to participate, thus reducing the individual cost even more.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2007, 21:01
International

Teams: Armenian NT, FC Ararat, Liverpool, Toronto FC
wait hold on i'm confused. i got two questions..

1. so those who don't want to be involved in this can't take part in the prediction league?

2. what if they already put in their first prediction before this idea was even brought up?
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2007, 21:03
Baron Dants

Everyone can participate in the prediction league...no problem there. But if you win the prediction league, and are not part of the pool, you obviously won't get the prize (the highest ranked participant in the pool gets the prize).

You still get props for winning though.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2007, 21:16
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Dants
Everyone can participate in the prediction league...no problem there. But if you win the prediction league, and are not part of the pool, you obviously won't get the prize (the highest ranked participant in the pool gets the prize).

You still get props for winning though.
edit: i had another question but i answered it myself lol
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2007, 21:18
Baron Dants

No, prize goes to the highest-ranked member, who actually is in the pool.

For example, if you do not participate in the pool, and I do, and you finish 1st in the prediction league, and I finish 2nd, I get the prize, because among the pool participants, I took 1st place.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2007, 21:19
World Class Player

Teams: Armenia NT, FC Pyunik, Barca, Arsenal
its simple rules just like baron said if you want to participate its fine but if u dont pay the money then no prize for u just honores

KICH ENK BYTS HAYENK

RIP IAN PORTERFIELD YOU WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2007, 21:20
International

is paypal accepted? lol
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old April 6th, 2007, 14:16
Premier Player

Teams: FC Racing Beirut,Lebanon,Armenia,Liverpool
Anything to help u guys and armenian football im in also in the prediction league...

Back to normal...
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2007, 04:06
Premier Player

I'm in.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2007, 05:47
Star Player

Teams: Armenian NT, Ararat, Lori
me too
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2007, 16:57
World Class Player

1 more day to predict guys dont forget

KICH ENK BYTS HAYENK

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2007, 18:45
World Class Player

I don't even need to write
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2007, 23:27
Baron Dants

btw, I've gotten only three PMs so far by people who want to participate in the pool.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2007, 23:40
World Class Player

I'm in (to participate in the pool).
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2007, 23:40
Baron Dants

Yea, I got a PM from you, FcArarat and Yerevan United. I'm in too...
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2007, 02:35
World Class Player

IM IN ALSO

KICH ENK BYTS HAYENK

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2007, 13:38
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Dants
btw, I've gotten only three PMs so far by people who want to participate in the pool.
Most likely it has to do with the rules, it's very long and not everyone have time to read it to the end, that's why we are so "many"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in