Sorry for the delay guys.
This is, I believe, the simplest way to manage the pool for the 2007 Armenian Prediction League:
- Every member who wants to participate must send a PM saying so to ME. Those who have already posted in the other thread, please send me the PM anyways, just for easier management. Deadline for the PM is Wednesday, April 11th, 12AM Eastern time (that is Tuesday the 10th at 9pm for the West Coasters, and I believe 9am Wednesday for Armenia).
- The tentative cost will be 15USD. The reasoning behind this is simple. Until now, I am pretty sure that we have at least 7 people. At 15 dollars a head, we have enough money to buy a jersey (with shipping). The cost of jersey + scarf + shipping should amount to around 120USD. This means that once we have over 8 members participating, the individual contribution would go lower, as I expect it to (for instance, with 12 participants, we're already at 10 bucks each). But just to be sure, anybody who is willing to participate must be ready to assume a MAXIMUM cost of 15USD. We will set the actual price once we have the full list of participants next Wednesday.
- Once the final list is compiled, and the individual cost is settled, the money must be sent to the 'bank', a role that must be assumed by one of the posters here. The 'bank' person must have a valid credit card, and must be willing to share his mailing address (through PM) with the participants who do not have a credit card and will be sending a check or cash. I'd offer to do it myself, but I have no credit card. For purposes of location and general reliability, I suggest either edonno or stecino to take up this position. Let me know if you're willing. The "bank" will naturally also have to order the prize at the end of the season. The money must be sent to the 'bank' by the following week (week of Monday, April 16th).
Please keep in mind that your full participation is assumed once you accept to participate in the pool, and it is therefore imperative for you to actually send the money, in order to not ruin the calculations for everybody else. This is also why we are a little strict on those qualified to participate. The 'bank' will confirm the reception of each participant's money.
- For reliability purposes, this pool is open to anybody with a minimum of 100 posts, and who is active in the Armenian forum. Exceptions can be made for people with fewer posts (or newer members), especially if you are acquainted with a regular poster who can confirm your "credibility". In any other situations, contact me or edonno1, so we can settle the matter. I don't see any problem with requiring a participant to be an active member of the Armenian forum, as there needs to be a certain level of trust in the handling of cash/credit card/yevayln, and I believe that level of comfort does exist among the regular posters here. I also don't imagine too many non-Armenians rushing to participate.
- Obviously, the winner of the Prediction League is not necessarily the winner of the pool. If you have chosen not to participate in the pool, and manage to win the prediction league, you will win nothing more than our most sincere congratulations, and the lifelong regret of having lost out on a NT jersey and scarf.
- In case the winner of the pool already owns an Armenian jersey and scarf, and does not want another one, he can choose to substitute the prize with other Armenian football merchandise (of equal or lesser value...like a much-desired Yerevan United jersey :P), or can choose to donate the money to an Armenian charity of his choice.
Good luck to everyone, and I expect your PM soon!
I am leaving the thread open, in case there are questions...but I hope we won't have to tinker around with the rules too much.
P.S.: I only know of YU's online shop. If anyone else knows cheaper alternatives, please post it here.