Commemorative Forum Shutdown - April 24, 2006 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2006, 20:21
Baron Dants

Commemorative Forum Shutdown - April 24, 2006

By decision of the posters on the Armenian football forum, the forum will be shut down on April 24, 2006 to commemorate the 1,5 million victims of the Armenian Genocide of 1915-1923.

All members (Armenian or other) are asked to refrain from posting during this time, as a sign of respect. I will temporarily close the most active threads as a precautionary measure.

Due to the time differences, it is impossible to have a particular 24 hour slot to keep closed. I am sure that nobody will mind if the shutdown is extended to 41 hours, instead of 24, in order to accomodate the schedules of all our posters, from Sydney to Los Angeles. The shutdown will therefore begin when April 24 arrives in Sydney and Melbourne, and will end when it leaves Los Angeles.

Here is the shutdown schedule, as it should affect many of our members (if I have ommitted your city/country from the list, please let me know via PM)
In Sydney and Melbourne, it will be from 12AM on April 24 to 5pm on April 25.
In Yerevan, it will be from 7PM on April 23 to 12PM on April 25.
In Amman, it will be from 5PM on April 23 to 10AM on April 25
In France, Poland and Sweden, it will be from 4PM on April 23 to 9AM on April 25
In London, it will be from 3PM on April 23 to 8AM on April 25
In Montreal and New York, it will be from 10AM on April 23 to 3AM on April 25.
In Los Angeles, it will be from 7AM on April 23 to 12AM on April 25.

Last edited by Baron Dants; April 25th, 2006 at 07:31.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2006, 14:49
Baron Dants

“I should like to see any power in this world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose music is unheard and whose prayers are no more answered. Go ahead, destroy this race! Destroy Armenia! See if you can do it. Send them away from their homes into the desert. Let them have neither bread or water. Burn their homes and churches. Then, see if they will not live again, see if they will not sing and pray again. For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a New Armenia.”
William Saroyan
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in