Armenian National Team - Official Thread - Page 434 - Xtratime Community
 149Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 89 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
post #8661 of 8709 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2018, 05:31
Premier Player

Teams: Armenian NT, Manchester City
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmeniaNT View Post
I've been hearing some good things about Hayk Galstyan, Petros Avetisyan, Kartashyan and Bichakhchyan. From what I gather, these boys are guaranteed NT material.

Given the average level of your average NT player, would you say the youth players are actually superior, or inferior? What I mean is when Heno, Yura, Aras, Gev and Marcos call it quits in a couple of years, will they pick up the slack, or even out perform this current gen? Because the Heno era U21s performed better than this current one yet Heno's generation was still very limited for the senior side. This current under 21 hasn't really achieved any noteworthy results aside from a goalless away draw to Russia and an already-qualified Serbia.
The way I see it is that we'll have more players that will be on the same level rather than now. We might not have a Heno but we'll have more players of the quality of Gev and Aras and Marcos. This might provide more stability because we wont be too dependent on one player's performance.

BTW i forgot some names that need to be in the next camp...
Edgar Babayan, Serob Grigoryan, and we have Ararat as well

Last edited by MCFC Tiko; October 17th, 2018 at 05:39.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8662 of 8709 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2018, 13:27
ArmoNewYorker
Rising Star

Teams: Armenian NT, NY Rangers, USMNT, NYCFC
I really don't wanna be that guy but is there any chance that you guys think this match was fixed? All four goals were HUGE mistakes by the Macedonian keeper, as we already know. The dude plays in club football in La Liga. Not to say that he's immune to a bad game, but this looked kinda suspect.
post #8663 of 8709 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2018, 04:09
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by armopride1418 View Post
I really don't wanna be that guy but is there any chance that you guys think this match was fixed? All four goals were HUGE mistakes by the Macedonian keeper, as we already know. The dude plays in club football in La Liga. Not to say that he's immune to a bad game, but this looked kinda suspect.
Its possible that it was fixed. Pizellis and Gev's goal was extremely laughable tbh. Even Yura's goal happened to a silly mistake that started from the keeper. Only Heno's goal looked legitimate from what I remember. So yeah, it's possible that it was fixed. Wouldn't be the first time we are involved in such a scandal anyway.

post #8664 of 8709 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2018, 16:10
Premier Player

I doubt that it was fixed because the new FA doesn't have that much power. The keeper is the 2nd or 3rd GK on their team. Lack of match fitness and actually playing can do that to a keeper.
post #8665 of 8709 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2018, 02:42
Rising Star

Don't think it was fixed at all but the fact that we lost to Gibraltar lead the Macedonians to have a lackadaisical approach to the game, didn't seem to care much after the first goal.

When I heard about Pizzelli's goal, everyone talked about the keeper just botching it, which, he did. However, it had a bit of spin and swerve to it, wasn't straight at him like was explained.
post #8666 of 8709 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2018, 03:21
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek520 View Post
Don't think it was fixed at all but the fact that we lost to Gibraltar lead the Macedonians to have a lackadaisical approach to the game, didn't seem to care much after the first goal.

When I heard about Pizzelli's goal, everyone talked about the keeper just botching it, which, he did. However, it had a bit of spin and swerve to it, wasn't straight at him like was explained.
Truthfully, the Macs could have afforded to throw that game away. Dont think they'll care much since, let's be honest, they've all but booked their ticket to the semifinal.
post #8667 of 8709 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2018, 08:25
Premier Player

If it was fixed, there wouldn't be so many yellows given out to where some of their players will miss the next match and they even got a red as well.
post #8668 of 8709 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2018, 11:03
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCFC Tiko View Post
If it was fixed, there wouldn't be so many yellows given out to where some of their players will miss the next match and they even got a red as well.
I mean when you consider who their next opponents are, does it really matter? If I'm a betting man, then I'm betting on the Macs to take care of business against Liechtenstein and especially vs Gibraltar at home.

It would take a disaster of some proportion for them to not win this group.
post #8669 of 8709 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2018, 15:57
ArmoNewYorker
Rising Star

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCFC Tiko View Post
I mean when you consider who their next opponents are, does it really matter? If I'm a betting man, then I'm betting on the Macs to take care of business against Liechtenstein and especially vs Gibraltar at home.

It would take a disaster of some proportion for them to not win this group.
All we need is a tie from either of those two teams against the Macs. Crazier things have happened in football. With Gibraltar at 6 points they'll have all the confidence in the world to play up to their competition and try to secure a point. They've only conceded 5 in their 4 matches.
post #8670 of 8709 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2018, 19:40
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by armopride1418 View Post
All we need is a tie from either of those two teams against the Macs. Crazier things have happened in football. With Gibraltar at 6 points they'll have all the confidence in the world to play up to their competition and try to secure a point. They've only conceded 5 in their 4 matches.
Nah, we either need one of those two to beat Macedonia OR both tie Macedonia AND we need to win both.

A tie and a win for the Macs puts them at 13, we max out at 12.

It's unlikely but anything can happen.
post #8671 of 8709 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2018, 19:14
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek520 View Post
Nah, we either need one of those two to beat Macedonia OR both tie Macedonia AND we need to win both.

A tie and a win for the Macs puts them at 13, we max out at 12.

It's unlikely but anything can happen.
Pretty much this ^. As you guys can imagine, very unlikely scenarios.
post #8672 of 8709 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2018, 15:00
ArmoNewYorker
Rising Star

Ah that's right, totally miscalculated that lol.
post #8673 of 8709 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2018, 21:44
World Class Player

Yura with the poker. 2nd ever Armenian player to secure a hat trick.

Debut goals from Kartashyan and Karapetyan. Overall, decent win but too little too late.
post #8674 of 8709 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2018, 23:01
Rising Star

Quote:
Yura with the poker. 2nd ever Armenian player to secure a hat trick.

Debut goals from Kartashyan and Karapetyan. Overall, decent win but too little too late.
Yeah, what kinda makes it worse is that pesky keeper Gibraltar has, got a yellow card and will miss the final game against Macedonia. He was the only reason they beat us in Yerevan, playing out of his mind. I thought lightning in a bottle might strike twice, but we can kiss that goodbye. It's over. A couple of their better players will also miss the game because of yellow card accumulation, so there's virtually no chance the Gibris beat the Macs on Monday.

We should've take care of our business when we had the chance to. Leave it to our NT to screw things up in the most unlikely manner every single time.
post #8675 of 8709 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2018, 06:01
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
Yeah, what kinda makes it worse is that pesky keeper Gibraltar has, got a yellow card and will miss the final game against Macedonia. He was the only reason they beat us in Yerevan, playing out of his mind. I thought lightning in a bottle might strike twice, but we can kiss that goodbye. It's over. A couple of their better players will also miss the game because of yellow card accumulation, so there's virtually no chance the Gibris beat the Macs on Monday.

We should've take care of our business when we had the chance to. Leave it to our NT to screw things up in the most unlikely manner every single time.
To be honest their keeper didnt impress me. If you rewatch the first encounter in Yerevan, you will see that 90% of the shots on their goal came directly at or incredibly close to their keeper. It was simply a case of shit luck. I'm just glad we caved their heads in with a bat, so to speak.

And yeah, winning in Yerevan was the equivalent of winning the world cup for them. I think they'll get handled by the Macs in a few days.

The Euro 2020 qualification draw will be held in Dublin on the 2nd of December. Guess we will have to try our luck the old fashioned way.
post #8676 of 8709 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2018, 17:25
ArmoNewYorker
Rising Star

Let’s 👏 Go 👏 Gibraltar. Let us all pray for an early Christmas miracle.
post #8677 of 8709 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2018, 20:14
ArmoNewYorker
Rising Star

Aaaand it’s over lol. 1-0 to the Macedonians early.
post #8678 of 8709 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2018, 20:36
ArmoNewYorker
Rising Star

WE HAVE NOT KEPT A CLEAN SHEET AGAINST GIBRALTAR OR LICHTENSTEIN IN FOUR MATCHES.
post #8679 of 8709 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2018, 20:56
World Class Player

This is as big as its gonna get so enjoy it fellas. We are struggling against minnows. You guys want to take a guess and tell me what's going to happen once we start playing against pro teams in qualifiers?
post #8680 of 8709 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2018, 23:41
World Class Player

Euro 2020 qualification Seedings

Pot 1- Belgium,*Croatia, England, France, Netherlands, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Poland

Pot 2- Germany, Iceland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ukraine, Denmark, Russia, Austria, Wales, Czech Republic, Sweden

Pot 3- Slovakia, Turkey,*Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Norway, Serbia, Finland, Scotland, Bulgaria, Israel

Pot 4- Albania, Cyprus, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Lithuania, Montenegro, Slovenia, Hungary, Romania

Pot 5- ARMENIA, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Gibraltar, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Moldova, Faroe Islands

Pot 6- Andorra, Latvia, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Malta

My ideal group would be

Poland
Iceland/Wales
Finland/Israel
Lithuania
Armenia
Latvia if theres a 6th team.

What do you guys think?

The draw for the qualification groups will be December 2 in Dublin.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in