CL Matchday 4: Trabzonspor - CSKA Moskow - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2011, 17:24 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Trabzonspor
CL Matchday 4: Trabzonspor - CSKA Moskow

Big match if we want any chance of finishing second place. I believe we would have had a much better chance last time if we had a competent finisher since our midfield held their own. Today we'll have no excuse. This is as close to full-strength as we'll get. Burak will be making his CL debut, and he is obviously in fantastic form but he DID miss our last league game with some ailment...

Last time, Doumbia and Love killed us with their speed and chemistry on balls and runs down the middle. Hopefully Senol has worked something out to slow them down a bit this time (although i can never be optimistic with this defense). We'll just have to wait and see..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2011, 19:53
Star Player

Teams: CSKA Moscow, AC Milan and Russia NT
gonna be a good match I think..both sides like to attack. But think we will be more defensive and using Love and Doumbia on the counter. U guys will have a harder time creating cause we have got Schennikov back, who is probably 200 times better on that left back then A.Berezutski.

CSKA
Chamions League CHAMPIONS 2008
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2011, 19:55
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Should be a good game if Burak can pressure them. But the most important issue as you said, is the defense, they have to keep up, they were poor last time.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2011, 21:45
Legend

Halil

Adrian is all over the place as well.

Very bad game, CSKA had two great chances, Burak is dumb and was called offside at least 10 times. Where do they find these people...

You'll win. You'll play to win. But whatever the result, you were always winners in my heart and champions. And you'll stay that way. GOD HELP YOU!

- Fatih Terim, UEFA Cup final vs. Arsenal pre talk.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2011, 22:12
I like things
Legend

Teams: Fenerbahce SK
Trabzonun futbol oynadigi yok..

El Fricko
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2011, 22:35
International

How was the game? =( couldn't get to see it, only saw the last 5 minutes, got some excitement with the Dzagoev attempt and the Trabzon corner kick on the other side.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2011, 22:37 Thread Starter
Star Player

0-0 FT.

CSKA were no doubt the better team, but we had some chances we should have put away as well, especially when they were down to 10 men.

Doumbia is a hell of a player.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2011, 22:37
Legend

Bad game, draw was deserved. Maybe even CSKA should have won.

5 points is still way too good for mediocre side like Trabzon. They played this shit generally much better than I expected. But tonight, they had a golden 15 minutes and didn't do anything about it. Too many incompetent players in Trabzon, starting with Alanzinho and Halil of course..

You'll win. You'll play to win. But whatever the result, you were always winners in my heart and champions. And you'll stay that way. GOD HELP YOU!

- Fatih Terim, UEFA Cup final vs. Arsenal pre talk.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2011, 22:38 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
How was the game? =( couldn't get to see it, only saw the last 5 minutes, got some excitement with the Dzagoev attempt and the Trabzon corner kick on the other side.
Up and down but probably boring to a neutral viewer. A lot of fouls, yellow cards, and scrapping.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2011, 22:40
International

Not a big fan of Alanzinho, didn't see him in this match, but of the matches I've seen him play in sometimes he's either a ball hog or tries to do too much and ends up losing possessions. Colman though, this guy, never really has a bad game. Always solid or has some innate common sense. Awesome team player.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2011, 22:44 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenk Reykart View Post

5 points is still way too good for mediocre side like Trabzon. They played this shit generally much better than I expected. But tonight, they had a golden 15 minutes and didn't do anything about it. Too many incompetent players in Trabzon, starting with Alanzinho and Halil of course..
Well it didn't help that our best players bolted after last season and we had no time to make big transfers with the UCL money.

Europa league is a better fit for us, and I'm still hoping we can secure 3rd place. The fact that we're at least holding our own with a team consisting of so many new transfers and so little European experience is a bit comforting though.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2011, 22:52 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
Not a big fan of Alanzinho, didn't see him in this match, but of the matches I've seen him play in sometimes he's either a ball hog or tries to do too much and ends up losing possessions. Colman though, this guy, never really has a bad game. Always solid or has some innate common sense. Awesome team player.
He did exactly that in probably our best chance of the game. 3 vs 2 counter attack and he cuts to the left, loses his man, but shoots it straight at the keeper instead of looking for his two teammates to the right. He'll probably get sold mid-season.. He makes too much for someone who is so inconsistent.

Colman completely flipped the script in terms of his performance compared to last season. Now that he's the "guy" in midfield instead of Selcuk Inan he looks so much more comfortable. Selcuk has this ball-dominating quality about him that sort of diminishes the creativity that should be coming from his partner in midfield, or at least he did when he was with us. Same thing happened the few times we partnered him with Nuri on the NT, it was like Nuri was invisible. Not saying its a bad thing though, because hes good enough to pull the weight.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2011, 15:30
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Trabzon did a great job of closing down Doumbia, but I thought his red card was harsh. I like that stadium though, great atmosphere.

R.I.P Ari
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2011, 15:52
Legend

Basically if Lille and Inter beat CSKA in their remaining games then all Trabzon has to do to qualify is draw against Lille (or beat Inter again ).

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkela
Lol ****ing Turks you turned half of Europe Africa and Asia into shit then you emigrated and turned those places into shit too
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2011, 16:46
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenk Reykart View Post

I agree %100. We are playing terrible this year. Gunes f....ing up this team again. He prefers nice, family guys but not talented vs over unussual guys with who like to have sex but lots of talents. I am just looking at the team, we won't get any better until we get rid of so many.

5 points so far is not bad but the game we are playing is terrible. Everyone is talking about Burak's performance, i take that as an insult. We have over 30 players, oover 12 foreigners, and yet we only depend on this one guy.
No striker, no left, no right, no # 10, no team. We have 2 very good golies. Bunch of nice guys running around, trying to pass each other, save ones.

Gunes:You don't like Yatara, Jaja, because they are weird, well, you don't have them now and keep wating to get a decent cross from Serkan or decent, deadly move any of mids.
Bravo, turkish Ferguson.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2011, 17:52
World Class Player

Teams: fenerbahce
This team hasn't even played in a European competition for how long? I think they surpassed everyone's expectations to be honest. I think that if they finish 3rd, thats pretty decent. If they manage to qualify out of the group then thats a very solid accomplishment.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2011, 20:24
I like things
Legend

Teams: Fenerbahce SK
What was Gunes going ape sh*t over? He's the one that refuses to alter any tactic when CSKA went down a man. He has the team doing the same exact player OVER and OVER - getting caught in an offside position... CSKA ran the game even with 10 men.. if Trabzon manage 2nd place it is nothing less then a miracle...

El Fricko

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in