Burak Yilmaz #17 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2011, 21:03 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Trabzonspor
Burak Yilmaz #17

So I dropped the ball on making the game thread, and didn't really feel like after we were quickly down by 2 goals. Needless to say, Burak led us to yet another comeback so I figured it was about time this guy got his own thread.

Unfortunately we couldn't get that third goal as we were down a man but at least we managed to get a point..

Eleven goals in eight games. Very impressive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2011, 22:54
I like things
Legend

Teams: Fenerbahce SK
I hope he keeps up this form all the way up until Croatia. He's making me eat my words because at the scoring pace he's going at now.. I guarantee he gets some attention from European sides.

El Fricko
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2011, 01:08
Legend

His career is similar to Guiza. Wait till he gets snapped up for like 14 million euros somewhere.

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkela
Lol ****ing Turks you turned half of Europe Africa and Asia into shit then you emigrated and turned those places into shit too

post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2011, 03:42 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Köyel View Post
His career is similar to Guiza. Wait till he gets snapped up for like 14 million euros somewhere.
That would be some good business
post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2011, 15:56
Legend

When this guy was at Fener I thought he could never be a decent player. When Selcuk Inan left I thought he wouldn't have near as much success as he did last year. So far he has proved me wrong. I'm honestly not a fan of the guy. He gets away with a lot in the TL, but he is still banging in goals. Doing his job.

Is it true that if you don't use it, you lose it?
post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2011, 16:46 Thread Starter
Star Player

Googled his name and found this written up just yesterday:

http://www.imscouting.com/global-new...machine/13523/

Quote:
Burak Yilmaz – The Turkish goal-machine

Burak Yilmaz is a man possessed – there is no other way to describe it. 8 rounds into the Turkish Super Lig, and the international striker has already got an amazing tally of 11 goals for Trabzonspor , who scored a total of 13. Only 6 teams in the Turkish top division has scored more than Yilmaz...

The 1.88 meter guy has found the net in every league match this season, including a brace in the last encounter against Antalyaspor, and is averaging a goal every 57.27 minutes. A dramatic change from the player he was only year and a half back.

The 26 year-old Yilmaz was a great promise from an early age, scoring 35 goals in 78 appearances for the senior team of Antalyaspor between 2002 and 2006, but later he failed to make a real impact playing for Besiktas, Manisaspor and Fenerbahce, who sold him to Trabzonspor in January 2010. During these years Yilmaz was a frustrated and selfish player who used to make plenty of bad decisions.

Last season, under the guidance of veteran coach Senol Gunes, Yilmaz finally began to grow mentally. He finished 2010/11 with 19 goals and was a key figure in Trabzonspor `s close title race with Fenerbahce, which they lost only by goal-difference.

Burak Yilmaz is a complete striker: powerful, fast, good in the air and lethal in front of the keeper. His technique is a bit above average in Turkish terms and he still lacks enough accuracy with his passes. Yilmaz tends to play as a striker in Trabzonspor 's 4-2-3-1 attacking formation, but he constantly switches positions with left winger Hamit Altintop, with whom he has great understanding. Yilmaz is a perfect player for counter attacks using his speed. He is also useful in possession football due to his constant movement and work on the field.

His new found form has earned Yilmaz a place in the Turkish national team, and he scored 3 goals in the Euro-2012 qualifying campaign, including the match winner against Azerbaijan that secured Guus Hiddink`s team a playoff berth. "Burak is a modern professional footballer," said the former Netherlands, South Korea, Australia and Russia coach, "I like his determination and hard-working character. He never complains about anything in training. He gives power to the whole team and never avoids taking risks in matches. He is the type of player you rarely see nowadays."

Yilmaz is attached in a contract with Trabzonspor until 2015, but it will be no surprise if a big European club will try to snatch him up way before. But it won`t be cheap, as his market value is estimated at around 8 million Euro.
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2011, 17:07
This is NOT Akhisar!
Legend

Teams: Galatasaray, Turkey, Eastern European Football
**** you Platini and your whore-brigade! I bet you'd love if he won't be allowed to play in CL at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
it's a guy who solves rubik's cubes while juggling...it's a traditional pastime in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyali_MUFC View Post

wrong. you dont know anything

you are like cloud which do lot of thundering but got no rain.

Understand, you better understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare View Post
Move over Aristotle, Piyali's arrived

If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.
post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2011, 09:13
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Ulan Burak

He played his first match and is already the second most offside player in the Champions' League. Notice the minutes listed as well.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionslea...des/index.html

post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2011, 14:44 Thread Starter
Star Player

Even crazier is the fact that nearly all of those were in the first 45 minutes
post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old November 7th, 2011, 05:54 Thread Starter
Star Player

Burak scored two more today, bringing his tally to 13 goals over 10 matches (although he only played in 8 of them).

First goal was a tap-in and was probably off-sides. Second was decent finishing after great build-up. Most impressive was a free-kick goal they didn't count.

post #11 of 70 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2011, 00:37 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Giants chase Yilmaz

9 November 2011
AC Milan and Borussia Dortmund are tracking Trabzonspor striker Burak Yilmaz, reports in Turkey suggest.

Burak has attracted the interest of some of Europe's biggest clubs in recent months after scoring 13 goals in his first eight Super Lig games and a number of suitors have been alerted to his five million euro buy-out clause.

The Serie A champions are considering a move for the Turkey star to deputise for the ailing Antonio Cassano, according to Turkish newspaper HaberTurk.

However, Sporx.com claims the Italians will face competition from Borussia Dortmund, CSKA Moscow and Zenit St Petersburg, who are also said to be weighing up a move for the former Besiktas man.
http://www.soccerway.com/news/2011/N...-chase-yilmaz/

I doubt its reliable since its citing reports from Turkiye but wow at the 5 million buyout clause
post #12 of 70 (permalink) Old December 22nd, 2011, 18:28
Premier Player

Back on the goal trail tonight with a hat-trick suck it up haters. Takes him to 16 goals for the break.
He's no gifted footballer but make him some space and he'll bang in the goals in this garbage league.
If Senol the stubborn moron didn't insist on playing him as a lone striker he'd probably be over 20 goals by now and Tirabzon would be higher up the league.
post #13 of 70 (permalink) Old December 22nd, 2011, 19:44
World Class Player

Teams: fenerbahce
Of course we will hate. This guy has done nothing in big games and in the CL. In the Turkish league he can complain to the refs all day long. In the CL they told him to shut his mouth and he could not score. He is a shit footballer with a shit mentality who is just getting by in Turkey.
post #14 of 70 (permalink) Old December 22nd, 2011, 19:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Eskişehirspor, Türkiye
He sucks! big deal, scored against a team that has lost their last 5 games and had no coach today. Bravo! in Europe? 50 offsides in 2 games, 0 goals, 0 shots just run around like a headless chicken.

1954-2006

Eskişehir'de Doğdum ESKİŞEHİRSPOR'LUYUM
post #15 of 70 (permalink) Old December 22nd, 2011, 20:51
Premier Player

Teams: Turkey NT, Fenerbahçe SK
Basically, he scored against a team in turmoil, and very well likely will go back down after this season. Proving that if he doesn't score, Trabzonspor can't do well.
post #16 of 70 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2011, 14:04
I like things
Legend

He's awful dude.

El Fricko
post #17 of 70 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2011, 17:20
Галатасарай
International

What I'm reading right now is so typical.. When a team concedes goals, it's always the fault of Goalkeeper and defence.. when they don't score, it's the strikers fault..

Burak would have scored +25 goals in this league if he had decent players behind him. The level of delivery doesn't get even close to the quality of last season when he had players like Jaja and Selcuk Inan feeding him with through balls. Now he's just playing with a bunch of Kazma's. Do you guys even take this kind of stuff under consideration when you make these anal-yses?
post #18 of 70 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2011, 17:24
World Class Player

The guy works hard but has no follow through. Umut got at least 10 goals in each season in how many seasons at Trabzon? So basically Burak needs to be spoon fed, which you can say about any other player in his position. So imagine Elmander being given that kind of service? He would probably score all the chances created.
post #19 of 70 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2011, 17:57
Галатасарай
International

The difference...

2010-2011

---------Umut----------
------------------------
-Burak------------Engin-
------------------------
---------Jaja-----------
---Colman---Selcuk-----
------------------------
Cale--------------Serkan

Trabzonspor 1st half: 1st place

2011-

---------Burak----------
-------------------------
Halil--------------Serkan B.
----Adrian/Alanzinho-----
-----Colman--Zokora-----
--------------------------
Cech--------------Cetluska

Trabzonspor 1st half: 8th place

And still 16 goals..
post #20 of 70 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2011, 18:10
World Class Player

Arda is Arda right? He played well at GS, on the NT and he is playing well in Spain now. Quality is quality regardless of who you play with. This guy is not quality, he just works hard. He's like Umit Ozat. I don't really get what your point is. You say that he's playing with people who are not as good as they were last year, so basically saying that his success stems from those who can feed him.

Remember when Niang came to us last year? Thats a quality striker. Burak simply is not on that level. Last year if they had another striker instead of Burak maybe that striker would have scored that many goals too no?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in