CL Matchday 3: CSKA Moskow - Trabzonspor - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2011, 19:40 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Trabzonspor
CL Matchday 3: CSKA Moskow - Trabzonspor

We play our third match of the group against CSKA tomorrow. Huge match. If we can manage a win, I think that could solidify us as at least a third place finish in the group.

Apparently its supposed to be freezing tomorrow, so that will obviously make it an even more difficult task. Burak will be serving the final match of his suspension. Vittek and Henrique are both injured, so Halil and/or Brozek will start up front.

Quote:
But Trabzonspor coach Şenol Güneş, whose team came from behind to beat struggling Ankaragücü 3-2 in the domestic Super League on Saturday, does not seem at all perturbed.

“We have never played our opponent [CSKA] before,” Güneş noted. “But we know for sure that they are a good team. If we win, that will be a great advantage four us in the group. If we lose, then we will fall behind. Simply put, if we can draw there [in Moscow] and win at home in İstanbul, then we will earn four points and that’s we’re looking for,” he stated.

Keeper Tolga Zengin concurred with his coach. “We have four points from two group matches,” he stated. We are going to play CSKA in the next two consecutive matches. It is going to be cold out there [in Moscow]. God willing, we are going to warm up the cold pitch,” Tolga said jokingly. “If we can earn three points in Moscow, that would be great, but if we can’t, a draw woul

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 11:33
Legend

The game is today!

Yeahhhh I can watch it.

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkela
Lol ****ing Turks you turned half of Europe Africa and Asia into shit then you emigrated and turned those places into shit too
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 11:42
Legend

They will be playing without the "greatest goalkeeper on eart" Akinfeev and Honda. Whereas I think Trabzon only has Burak out for the game.

Altintop
Alanzinho + Colman + Adrian + Zokora + Serkan
Cech + Giray + Glowacki + Celustka
Tolga

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
Lol ****ing Turks you turned half of Europe Africa and Asia into shit then you emigrated and turned those places into shit too

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 15:14
Star Player

Teams: CSKA Moscow, AC Milan and Russia NT
I hope for some bad luck today for u guys. Gonna be a tough match for ya I think. We are gonna win this one

CSKA
Chamions League CHAMPIONS 2008
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 15:41
Legend

Yeah, CSKA is certainly a favorite for this game. Not having Akinfieev and Honda is a blow, but they are still way too powerful for Trabzon. Maybe if somehow Wagner Love and Dzagoev get injured, then we can talk about a draw in my opinion.

On the other hand, Zokora-Colman-Adrian are very quality players and if they play well together can create a lot of problems. The only thing lacking is a good finisher and wings, which is almost on amateur level at Trabzon. Halil can do well as he's somewhat experienced, but Serkan and Alanzinho are both jokes when it comes to big games.

If Trabzon survives first 30 minutes and gets their shit together, hopefully a draw would be secured. That would be the greatest result ever for Trabzon I think, having 5 points after 3 games (2 away games) in the best football competition of the world.

You'll win. You'll play to win. But whatever the result, you were always winners in my heart and champions. And you'll stay that way. GOD HELP YOU!

- Fatih Terim, UEFA Cup final vs. Arsenal pre talk.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 16:11
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenk Reykart View Post
Yeah, CSKA is certainly a favorite for this game. Not having Akinfieev and Honda is a blow, but they are still way too powerful for Trabzon. Maybe if somehow Wagner Love and Dzagoev get injured, then we can talk about a draw in my opinion.

On the other hand, Zokora-Colman-Adrian are very quality players and if they play well together can create a lot of problems. The only thing lacking is a good finisher and wings, which is almost on amateur level at Trabzon. Halil can do well as he's somewhat experienced, but Serkan and Alanzinho are both jokes when it comes to big games.

If Trabzon survives first 30 minutes and gets their shit together, hopefully a draw would be secured. That would be the greatest result ever for Trabzon I think, having 5 points after 3 games (2 away games) in the best football competition of the world.
Doumbia is who Trabzon have to watch out for. CSKA's defense is prone to errors especially in the CL, I can definitely see Trabzon scoring today but I think we'll control matters for the most part.

R.I.P Ari
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 17:19
This is NOT Akhisar!
Legend

Teams: Galatasaray, Turkey, Eastern European Football
http://www.rojadirecta.me/goto/lp-ca....blogspot.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
it's a guy who solves rubik's cubes while juggling...it's a traditional pastime in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyali_MUFC View Post

wrong. you dont know anything

you are like cloud which do lot of thundering but got no rain.

Understand, you better understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare View Post
Move over Aristotle, Piyali's arrived

If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 17:20
Legend

Trabzon looking very very solid in the first 20 minutes. I'm impressed.

You'll win. You'll play to win. But whatever the result, you were always winners in my heart and champions. And you'll stay that way. GOD HELP YOU!

post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 17:21
This is NOT Akhisar!
Legend

Teams: Galatasaray, Turkey, Eastern European Football
Why is Alanzinho so short? Anyone taller would've buried it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
it's a guy who solves rubik's cubes while juggling...it's a traditional pastime in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyali_MUFC View Post

wrong. you dont know anything

you are like cloud which do lot of thundering but got no rain.

Understand, you better understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare View Post
Move over Aristotle, Piyali's arrived

If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 17:31
Legend

What a stupid goal to concede, typical Turkish. A second lack of concentration and there it is, 0-1. Totally undeserved in my opinion.

post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 17:38
Legend

Trabzon, dominating after a goal. Too bad they have no finisher in the squad.

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 17:47
Legend

If Trabzon had Arda-Keita-Baros (or any quality 3 players) instead of Alanzinho-Serkan-Halil, this game would have been 1-3 by now. The lack of Trabzon squad is really shown, I can't believe CSKA isn't able to dominate this game with ease.

post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 17:48 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
What a stupid goal to concede, typical Turkish. A second lack of concentration and there it is, 0-1. Totally undeserved in my opinion.
They thought the foul on Love would be called and didnt watch out for the advantage Kind of against the run of play too..
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 17:50 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
If Trabzon had Arda-Keita-Baros (or any quality 3 players) instead of Alanzinho-Serkan-Halil, this game would have been 1-3 by now. The lack of Trabzon squad is really shown, I can't believe CSKA isn't able to dominate this game with ease.
Well those are pretty much the weakest links in our squad week in and week out (or at least Halil and Alanzinho are). Good thing Burak will be back next match.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 17:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Eskişehirspor, Türkiye
It's typical football not typical Turkish silly Frenk. Not saying you should watch every single game but at least see some highlights to see what kind of goals are being given up. It's football and a second of losing concentration can cost you against a good team. That's the most basic thing in football.

1954-2006

Eskişehir'de Doğdum ESKİŞEHİRSPOR'LUYUM
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 17:54
Legend

I am still astonished by how much Trabzon plays good and how bad CSKA plays. Too bad you lack wingers, I swear this game would have been 180 degrees different.

Alanzinho was literally non existent. I like how Zokora and Colman work together, very good duo. Coleman is the most underrated guy in this league, I think he's deep playmaking ability is almost world class.

post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 17:58
Legend

I'm watching Skysports and they are all praising Trabzonspor for their performance.

post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 18:02 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
I'm watching Skysports and they are all praising Trabzonspor for their performance.
We played the same way in the second half against Lille and eventually got a goal, HOPEFULLY we can do the same here. A draw would be great.
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 18:23
Legend

When I saw the 1-0, I thought it said 1-6. My reaction was like

Actually, I was drunk as I were watching my team play yesterday and when I saw Ozer's goal I was also like wtf

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2011, 18:29
Legend

Teams: Galatasaray
Trabzon are quite shit against CSKA. if they'll continue like this 4th place is a guarantee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in