Summer Signing #4: Adrian Mierzejewski - Xtratime Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old June 16th, 2011, 14:57 Thread Starter
This is NOT Akhisar!
Legend
 
Salt The Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2010
Location: Poland
Teams: Galatasaray, Turkey, Eastern European Football
Posts: 14,463
Summer Signing #4: Adrian Mierzejewski

http://www.trabzonspor.org.tr/defaul...ND=7538#Icerik



Congrats, you've got the best Polish domestic player, no doubts. The price is a little steep - staggering €5.3m, but at least he'd pose you no problems, unlike Jaja or Teofilo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
it's a guy who solves rubik's cubes while juggling...it's a traditional pastime in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyali_MUFC View Post

wrong. you dont know anything

you are like cloud which do lot of thundering but got no rain.

Understand, you better understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare View Post
Move over Aristotle, Piyali's arrived



If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.
Salt The Fries is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old June 16th, 2011, 15:17
Star Player
 
Waya's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2002
Teams: Trabzonspor
Posts: 3,738
I've been waiting for this one. So basically, we used the money from the Jaja sale for Mierzejewski. Everything I've heard of him so far is extremely positive, and he's also still fairly young.

Can you, or anyone else, kind of describe how he plays a little? Is he an out and out attacking mid? Does he take it at defenses or does he play more conservatively, can he shoot the ball, etc?
Waya is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old June 16th, 2011, 18:08
Star Player
 
Waya's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2002
Teams: Trabzonspor
Posts: 3,738
If figured this vid would be coming out soon. I guess the Szymkowiak comparison was inevitable.



Btw, he looks a lot like Simon Pegg

Waya is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old June 16th, 2011, 21:18
Premier Player
 
niedobrzeniec's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2010
Posts: 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waya View Post
If figured this vid would be coming out soon. I guess the Szymkowiak comparison was inevitable.



Btw, he looks a lot like Simon Pegg

lol, like a twins...

Generally I think the transfer fee is a little too big, but it doesn't change the fact you've got the best polish footballer as our league had. And considering the mentality of Polonia's chairman, there was no other possibility to get Mierzej than giving a lot of money.

Mierzejewski's good side is that he can play in each position in the midfield in principle. But I think he feels the best as a left offensive midfielder, or eventually playmaker.

I see the video which you put here describes him quite well, generally he's the footballer who's at play during the whole match, which propelling and propelling of offensive play of his team all the time - such pugnacious guy, with good creativity, dribbling and agility.

However the time will show whether he's able to be a main part of such good team.
niedobrzeniec is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old June 16th, 2011, 23:46
Xtratime Legend
 
Cüneyt Arkın's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Posts: 30,023
I remember Symkazkzdhjfjs was a quality little attacker, shame he had to retire early. Hayirlisi on the new transfer.

"It's up for grabs now!"

Arsenal - Incongruentia Per Cladis
Cüneyt Arkın is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2011, 00:05 Thread Starter
This is NOT Akhisar!
Legend
 
Salt The Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2010
Location: Poland
Teams: Galatasaray, Turkey, Eastern European Football
Posts: 14,463
His (Szymkowiak's) female cousin was infatuated with me in 2006. It didn't work out in the end, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
it's a guy who solves rubik's cubes while juggling...it's a traditional pastime in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyali_MUFC View Post

wrong. you dont know anything

you are like cloud which do lot of thundering but got no rain.

Understand, you better understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare View Post
Move over Aristotle, Piyali's arrived



If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.
Salt The Fries is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2011, 00:17
Xtratime Legend
 
Cüneyt Arkın's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Posts: 30,023
Is that on your (or his) Wiki pages?

"It's up for grabs now!"

Arsenal - Incongruentia Per Cladis
Cüneyt Arkın is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2011, 18:26
Star Player
 
Waya's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2002
Teams: Trabzonspor
Posts: 3,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedobrzeniec View Post
lol, like a twins...

Generally I think the transfer fee is a little too big, but it doesn't change the fact you've got the best polish footballer as our league had. And considering the mentality of Polonia's chairman, there was no other possibility to get Mierzej than giving a lot of money.

Mierzejewski's good side is that he can play in each position in the midfield in principle. But I think he feels the best as a left offensive midfielder, or eventually playmaker.

I see the video which you put here describes him quite well, generally he's the footballer who's at play during the whole match, which propelling and propelling of offensive play of his team all the time - such pugnacious guy, with good creativity, dribbling and agility.

However the time will show whether he's able to be a main part of such good team.
Thanks for the info, I'm very eager to see how he does for us.
Waya is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2011, 21:10
I like things
Legend
 
InfamousTurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2005
Location: Under your bed
Teams: Fenerbahce SK
Posts: 14,200
I know Trabzon is a big club and all but for them to dish out some of the money they do is quite incredible. Especially considering the fact that they haven't been league champions since the 60s.

It goes to show you the potential the Turkish league has to grow into something special.

Anyways, hayirlisi. I truly hope you guys make some noise in Europe.

El Fricko
InfamousTurk is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2011, 16:48
Star Player
 
Waya's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2002
Teams: Trabzonspor
Posts: 3,738
Uh oh, I could see the cliques forming already

Waya is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2011, 13:15
Rising Star
 
Tybor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Location: Poland
Teams: Wisla
Posts: 272
Solid player but not for 5 milions (insane price for him). Szymek was better in my opinion.

"And it is untruth, that roof leaked, especially, that it did not rain almost."
Tybor is offline  
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome