Summer Signing #1: Didier Zokora - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2011, 02:38 Thread Starter
Legend

Summer Signing #1: Didier Zokora

Lig TV says a 4 year contract will be finalised. Trabzon will pay 5.5 Million Euros to Sevilla. What are your thoughts on this one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2011, 07:25
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Bursaspor, Turkiye
Why didn't they spend that money to keep Egemen and Selcuk?

Adı Aşk Bu Eziyetin
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2011, 21:03 Thread Starter
Legend

Don't think Egemen and Selcuk wanted to stay, that's why.

Zokora could (and probably will) end up being an expensive failure. You can't risk spending that much money for a team like Trabzonspor where all of your players want to leave after 12 months.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2011, 21:28
Xtratime Legend

Boo hoo, they want to strengthen after losing 3/4 quality players and it's a massive gamble? Zokora is a decent player every now and again and I think would fit well in Turkey. Works hard, that's what the fans appreciate. Saying that I saw games where he was a bit lacklustre for Tottenham, but it's unfair to condemn them Koyel. Those players who left were there for 3+ years, so I don't know where you get this idea that all their players want to leave every year.

Trabzon always have decent scouting and always find decent players. Whether they'll be as strong next year is debatable, but they'll find players to build around. Good signing, hayirlisi.

"It's up for grabs now!"

Arsenal - Incongruentia Per Cladis
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2011, 21:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Let him shoot.

Versatile, plenty of hussle and bussle, has the heart in the right place but can be annoying by not being at the right place at the right time. Also his passing ability isn't that great.

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2011, 21:32
World Class Player

Teams: fenerbahce
You had 2 players who seem to have wanted to leave regardless if they had won the championship or not. 1 went to a team that will not even play in any sort of European football. Had Trabzon won, would they have stayed??

I would have expected this to happen a little later becaus the way it comes out is that these 2 were dying to leave and as soon as the league finished they were gone. And Yattara is gone as well.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2011, 21:49 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cüneyt Arkın View Post
Boo hoo, they want to strengthen after losing 3/4 quality players and it's a massive gamble? Zokora is a decent player every now and again and I think would fit well in Turkey. Works hard, that's what the fans appreciate. Saying that I saw games where he was a bit lacklustre for Tottenham, but it's unfair to condemn them Koyel. Those players who left were there for 3+ years, so I don't know where you get this idea that all their players want to leave every year.

Trabzon always have decent scouting and always find decent players. Whether they'll be as strong next year is debatable, but they'll find players to build around. Good signing, hayirlisi.
Sorry my point didn't come across like I meant it too. Turks are able to stay +12 months at Trabzon but many foreigners don't.

Really I can't remember what kind of personality Zokora has but if it's anything like some of the foreigners that came by Trabzon, it's gonna be an expensive flop. (Kiki Musampa, Marcelinho, Teofilo and some more). Jaja wants to leave, he already ran off to Brazil without permission at one point.

It's possible that it might be a major culture shock for Zokora... London - Seville - Trabzon. He won't even know what hit him.

And it's not even a slant at Trabzon. Kenny Miller has been saying it's been a hard adjustment. Them Australians that went to Genclerbirligi said the same thing but they weren't an expensive recruitment anyway.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2011, 22:04
Xtratime Legend

I hear what you're saying with the cases mentioned, but for every Musampa or Marcelinho, there's a Yattara or Gustavo Coleman. Guess it comes down to like you say whether they can handle hayvan fans and pastirma everyday.

"It's up for grabs now!"

Arsenal - Incongruentia Per Cladis
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2011, 22:15
Legend

This is one hell of a transfer for Trabzonspor. Bravo.

You'll win. You'll play to win. But whatever the result, you were always winners in my heart and champions. And you'll stay that way. GOD HELP YOU!

- Fatih Terim, UEFA Cup final vs. Arsenal pre talk.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2011, 03:20
Star Player

Teams: Trabzonspor
Obviously, I'm still upset after everything thats happened since the season ended. Not so much that we couldn't win the whole thing (I figured Fener wouldnt let it slip away from them once again going into the last few weeks) but everything with Gabric, parting ways with Yattara, and two of our key players going to rival clubs.

But I'm coming to grips with the fact that Selcuk and Egemen simply had their hearts elsewhere. Theres no way our yonetim didnt try to keep the two, so we'll just have to do our best to fill those massive wholes. Neyse, I hope this guy can adjust to life in Trabzon and perform. From what I'm reading he doesn't have the vision in midfield like Selcuk did, so Colman will have to step up in that respect, and play like he did his first two seasons here.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2011, 15:51
Legend

Teams: Fenerbahce SK
Zokora denies Trazbonspor claim

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...961934,00.html

Is it true that if you don't use it, you lose it?
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2011, 00:59
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetinK5 View Post
So the team decided to make the deal public before he even agreed to it What else is new...
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2011, 17:55
Legend

Teams: Fenerbahce SK
Didier Zokora set for Trabzonspor move

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13631926.stm

now its official

Is it true that if you don't use it, you lose it?
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2011, 18:05
This is NOT Akhisar!
Legend

Teams: Galatasaray, Turkey, Eastern European Football
QTM are safe...for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
it's a guy who solves rubik's cubes while juggling...it's a traditional pastime in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyali_MUFC View Post

wrong. you dont know anything

you are like cloud which do lot of thundering but got no rain.

Understand, you better understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare View Post
Move over Aristotle, Piyali's arrived

If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2011, 18:13
Xtratime Legend

It's a good move, a destroyer/ball-winner to complement the guile and talent of Colman, Alanzinho and Jaja.

Œuvres complètes de Fikret Smiljanić
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2011, 18:06
Roland Romeyer
Premier Player

Teams: Saint-Etienne
Zokora is a very good player IMO, excellent and underrated defensive midfielder. I hope his stay in Trabzonspor will be a success
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2011, 06:00
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sérisay View Post
Zokora is a very good player IMO, excellent and underrated defensive midfielder. I hope his stay in Trabzonspor will be a success
Thanks! He's already become a fan-favorite, as our supporters always appreciate hard working players

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in