Winter Tranfers: Paweł & Piotr Brożek - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2010, 22:09 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Trabzonspor
Winter Tranfers: Paweł & Piotr Brożek

Just saw this on the news. Looks like we've transferred the Brozek twins from Wiska Krakow (Let the Arveladze comparisons begin )

Not sure how good these guys are, but Pawel is a striker and Piotr is a left wing/left-back player. Any information would be great. I know we were after Pawel in the past.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2010, 00:47
This is NOT Akhisar!
Legend

Teams: Galatasaray, Turkey, Eastern European Football
Piotr is a left midfielder-turned-left defender - he is decent offensively, but he'd have to work hard to win 1st team football. At the very worst, if he won't secure a LB spot, there's always LM for rotation for him, and he'd be a factor for better blending in all Polak players in this team.

Paweł is something else, on top of his form he was second to none in Polish league. He's got very good footballing intelligence, is keen on one-two passes, and has exceptional off-the-ball perception, he is quite pacey - I'd compare him to Baros (just a reference point, he's not as good as Baros). He is certainly not a static kind of a striker, but one that will make things going up front. If he plays up to his level, you won't feel loss of Teofilo or miss Jaja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
it's a guy who solves rubik's cubes while juggling...it's a traditional pastime in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyali_MUFC View Post

wrong. you dont know anything

you are like cloud which do lot of thundering but got no rain.

Understand, you better understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare View Post
Move over Aristotle, Piyali's arrived

If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2010, 07:20 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Trabzonspor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt The Fries View Post
Piotr is a left midfielder-turned-left defender - he is decent offensively, but he'd have to work hard to win 1st team football. At the very worst, if he won't secure a LB spot, there's always LM for rotation for him, and he'd be a factor for better blending in all Polak players in this team.

Paweł is something else, on top of his form he was second to none in Polish league. He's got very good footballing intelligence, is keen on one-two passes, and has exceptional off-the-ball perception, he is quite pacey - I'd compare him to Baros (just a reference point, he's not as good as Baros). He is certainly not a static kind of a striker, but one that will make things going up front. If he plays up to his level, you won't feel loss of Teofilo or miss Jaja.
Wow, that helped a lot. Thanks very much!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2010, 11:36
Xtratime Legend

Hayirlisi guys, but were they really needed?! Hope Pawel Brozek starts fulfilling that potential he showed a few years back, which attracted interest from some European clubs.

"It's up for grabs now!"

Arsenal - Incongruentia Per Cladis
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2010, 13:29
Legend

Piotr to replace Cale? Anyways, congrats as always. A step in the right direction for making two new recruitments and adding depth into an already talented squad.

Sucks about Teo though, has he not returned to Turkey yet?

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkela
Lol ****ing Turks you turned half of Europe Africa and Asia into shit then you emigrated and turned those places into shit too
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2010, 15:35
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cüneyt Arkın View Post
Hayirlisi guys, but were they really needed?! Hope Pawel Brozek starts fulfilling that potential he showed a few years back, which attracted interest from some European clubs.
I have informations from really much credible source that Paweł had also initial offers from Sevilla and Valencia in last days, but Trabzonspor's agent annouced him they won't buy Piotr without Paweł. And as you know, the transfer to your team is much much bigger chance for Piotr - who was in really difficult situation in Krakow and there was really small chance to getting any good offers for him - than for Paweł so...so the fraternal solidarity won with possibility for Paweł to play for nice teams from Spain

You can imagine how their personal relations would look like if Paweł would choose - let's say - much better direction for him (even if he would be surely only a wide squad player in those teams), which was surely Spain one. Because at the same time Paweł would close probably the last chance for Piotr to achieve something in football and to earn really good money.

So considering this fact and the fact, that Spain offers were only "initial", he signed contract with team from Trabzon. I must say that was great move on his emotions by your board to attract Paweł to your team Especially you also additionally got a good backup for your LD or LM, which will be probably Piotr. Personally I hope Piotr will achieve top of own abilities in Turkey again, because we have a lot of problems to find a backup for Boenisch on our national team's left back.

Last edited by niedobrzeniec; December 31st, 2010 at 16:00.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2011, 02:40
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

I wonder where Trabzon's link to Poland comes from, they seem to be linked with Polish players more than all the other clubs in the league put together.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2011, 09:37
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico 10 View Post
I wonder where Trabzon's link to Poland comes from, they seem to be linked with Polish players more than all the other clubs in the league put together.
Simply they have good feelings connected with Polish players...or - to be more precise - with Wisła's players. Both Szymkowiak and Głowacki did a nice advertisement of quality of footballers from Poland. Even if Głowacki has many problems with injuries, he makes a decent impression if he only is on the pich.

Second thing is that Trabzonspor wanted to buy Paweł Brożek many times before, for much better money, but he would rather choose one of the offers from Western part of Europe. But after tough injury he's in different situation now - he's 27 now, out of own top form, so he doesn't have time to waiting on better offers, additionally this situation with condition for offer for his brother and we cannot say Trabzonspor is a bad team for him, leader of strong league.

Anyway you'll see also another Wisła's footballer in Turkey, because as far as I know Mariusz Pawełek, their goalkeeper didn't sign the new contract with Wisła and he'll go to probably to Kayserispor (EDIT: my bad, that's Konyaspor, not the team from Kayseri), but there's also possibility to go to Genclerbirligi and to Hertha Berlin for him.

A lot of typical Brożek from last seasons:

Last edited by niedobrzeniec; January 1st, 2011 at 21:38.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in