Week 17: Trabzon - Karabuk

Match is 5 minutes it, 0-0.

We have Mustafa Yumlu starting in place of Serkan, who is yellow card suspended
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2010, 18:47 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Trabzonspor
Meh, 0-0 at HT. We havent had many convincing attacks, Karabuk is doing a good job in that regard.

Engin is being an idiot. He was fortunate not to get a red in that half.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2010, 19:39 Thread Starter
Star Player

Wow, their goalie Tomic is having an amazing game.........

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2010, 19:41 Thread Starter
Star Player

Just as I say that, his own defender scores on him WHEW

1-0.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2010, 19:44
I like things
Legend

Teams: Fenerbahce SK
Lucky goal and another extremely lucky 3 points. Eminike gets injured on a disgusting play, an own goal, trabzon weren't even creating chances. Completely and absolutely undeserved.

I invite the anadolu teams to play this siktirik versus the Istanbul sides.

On another note, congrats.

El Fricko
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2010, 19:50 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousTurk View Post
Lucky goal and another extremely lucky 3 points. Eminike gets injured on a disgusting play, an own goal, trabzon weren't even creating chances.

I invited the anadolu teams to play this siktirik versus the Istanbul sides.

On another note, congrats.
Are you serious? Their goalie is having the game of his lifetime. We've dominated the second half, and it was a matter of time before the ball went in the net. We had MANY chances.... As I type this we score another one.

And there was nothing disgusting about that injury. He planted his feet awkwardly and got hurt.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2010, 19:53
I like things
Legend

He planted his feet awkwardly?!?!?! The player projected his body through the air flying into Eminike and landed on the back of foot and pretty much crushed his entire leg. Barely any chances created, lucky lucky own goal, and injuring their best player = worst win in the first half of the season.

El Fricko
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2010, 19:54
World Class Player

Teams: fenerbahce
Here is your typical Yattara performance. I just don't get why this guy is only present against 1-2 teams the whole season?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2010, 19:55 Thread Starter
Star Player

3-0, although the game was much closer than that. Great turnaround in the second half.

Especially interesting considering we had only one legit central mid in Selcuk and 4 or 5 winger/strikers with him It worked out today though, in a game where Colman, Serkan, and Jaja were unavailable.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2010, 19:59 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
He planted his feet awkwardly?!?!?! The player projected his body through the air flying into Eminike and landed on the back of foot and pretty much crushed his entire leg. Barely any chances created, lucky lucky own goal, and injuring their best player = worst win in the first half of the season.
Again, I have no idea what you're talking about...

And the own goal may have been lucky, but the pressure we kept on their defense was not. One led to the other. Not to mention we scored two more afterwards..
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2010, 20:02 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyPro View Post
Here is your typical Yattara performance. I just don't get why this guy is only present against 1-2 teams the whole season?
Much of his success is predicated on form and confidence, and unfortunately for him, Senol doesn't believe he should be a starter. My guess is Senol doesn't like his laziness when it comes to off-the-ball movement. He'll wait around for someone to pass to him, rather than GET the ball..
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2010, 20:56
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
As they say "never say never". Fighters are these Trabzonians. Trabzon goes from 0-0 to 3-0 in the course of the last 10 minutes of the match.

This will give this team even more confidence as they will say that they can get a few goals in even dying minutes of the game.

Once again Trabzonspor is triumphant, would like to see how they will perform next year if they can keep up this consistency. This year seems more or less, like the deal has been sealed.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2010, 21:07
Legend

Teams: Fenerbahçe S.K.
Şenol Güneş:

"Zaman zaman bunu hakemleri ortaya koyarak başka açılara çekebilirler ama biz o oyunda yokuz. Taraftarlara sesleniyorum bize karşı bu tip bazı kampanyalar olacaktır, sakın ola kanmayın. Biz her maçta zorlanacağız. Biz mükemmel değiliz. Bizi sonra eleştirilecekler, tekrar söylüyorum biz o sahada, o oyunda yokuz."

Spoken like a true pro
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2010, 23:18
I like things
Legend

I have always had my doubts about Senol Gunes but we can truly say he's in that very small group of talented Turkish managers. He's really turned this team into something great. Not only are the results positive but so is the football that is being displayed by Trabzon. A nice lead going into the second half of the season, regardless of the results that Bursa and Fener get this weekend. Let’s not forget that this side gave Liverpool a run for their money at the start of the season in a leg that could have gone either way. I look forward to seeing Trabzon in Europe—I can assure you it will be nothing like Bursa. Not only are Trabzon actually playing football, they have the finances to make the needed moves in the off season.

Also, no player on this team deserves a championship more than Yattara does. Sure he's had his issues and inconsistent play but he's devoted so much to Trabzon and Turkiye. On form, I'll go as far as saying he's one of the most exciting footballers I've seen play.

El Fricko
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2010, 23:34
Xtratime Legend

Yattara at his best could be one of the best in the world but being a genius of course brings the other side too i.e. Sergen Yalcin, happens far too often.

Œuvres complètes de Fikret Smiljanić
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2010, 02:39 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Also, no player on this team deserves a championship more than Yattara does. Sure he's had his issues and inconsistent play but he's devoted so much to Trabzon and Turkiye. On form, I'll go as far as saying he's one of the most exciting footballers I've seen play.
I agree 100%. This guy has stuck with us through thick and thin, and for a lot of the time he was the only thing to look forward to in a string of mediocre seasons.

I was proud as hell when I first heard him attempting post-game interviews in Turkish ("Inshallah, Trabzon galip, Fener mağlup" ) and now hes going on talk shows having discussions in Turkish comfortably. And then he adopted the "61" jersey after Gokdeniz left, which was something all the fans loved. He's a crowd favorite, and you can tell he loves it.

Its a shame hes been battered with injuries, but the thought of him celebrating on the pitch if we somehow win this year will make it all worth it.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2010, 15:07
I like things
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Lobo View Post
Yattara at his best could be one of the best in the world but being a genius of course brings the other side too i.e. Sergen Yalcin, happens far too often.
I remember showing my friend a compilation of Yattara a few seasons back. He was actually in shock, said "this guy could play on fkn Madrid". It's not an empty statement either, like you say he could be one of the best.

El Fricko

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in