Week 28: Trabzon v Gençlerbirliği - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2009, 22:53 Thread Starter
Legend

Week 28: Trabzon v Gençlerbirliği

Game starts tomorrow at 20:00 Turkish Time.

Trabzon is still in the race to finish in the top two to earn a Champions League spot as they are five points behind and there are seven games remaining. It's still very much possible for them, they just need to keep faith and wait for one team to slip up.

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkela
Lol ****ing Turks you turned half of Europe Africa and Asia into shit then you emigrated and turned those places into shit too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2009, 10:58
Xtratime Legend

Does anyone know if Gokhan Unal is back?

Œuvres complètes de Fikret Smiljanić
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2009, 15:06
Star Player

Teams: Trabzonspor
Wtf a Friday game?? Looks like I'll have to catch the highlights

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2009, 15:07
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Lobo View Post
Does anyone know if Gokhan Unal is back?
Yes he should be back
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2009, 15:09
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Eskişehirspor, Türkiye
Haydi Trabzon stop giving points to teams in the lower half of the table! you're killing us.

1954-2006

Eskişehir'de Doğdum ESKİŞEHİRSPOR'LUYUM
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2009, 18:30
Star Player

Yattara Beautiful goal right after a dangerous Gencler attack
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2009, 18:36
Star Player

Wow.. Umut....
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2009, 18:49
Star Player

Damn they were pressing us hard towards the end of the half. That Troisi kid is VERY impressive. Lightning quick on the ball.

Yattara is looking like hes back on form, which is always great news.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2009, 19:59
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waya View Post
Yes he should be back
He certainly was

Œuvres complètes de Fikret Smiljanić
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2009, 22:12 Thread Starter
Legend

Nice win for Trabzon. Two successful weeks and heres to another six successful weeks

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
Lol ****ing Turks you turned half of Europe Africa and Asia into shit then you emigrated and turned those places into shit too
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2009, 23:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Just saw the goals and Yattara's goal was incredible :eekani: there are onloy 2 or 3 players in this league that can pull that off. Also after the game in an interview I heard Yattara speak Turkish for the first time and I was pretty impressed as he talks very very good Turkish :thmbup:

http://www.ligtv.com.tr/VideoHaber/?r=1&hid=55364

1954-2006

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2009, 03:56
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravesends View Post
Just saw the goals and Yattara's goal was incredible :eekani: there are onloy 2 or 3 players in this league that can pull that off. Also after the game in an interview I heard Yattara speak Turkish for the first time and I was pretty impressed as he talks very very good Turkish :thmbup:

http://www.ligtv.com.tr/VideoHaber/?r=1&hid=55364
Nice find. What does he mean hes not gonna answer in Turkish until he gets his "kimlik". An identification card??

Anyway, what i love about this guy is that he actually puts the effort into learning the language. Some players are in this country for 4+ years and still use an interpreter. Im sure they could put together coherent sentences, but they're afraid of looking foolish. From maybe his second season with us up until now I don't recall him using any translator, even if it meant him sounding a little silly. Its very commendable, and now he speaks pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnHXW...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSch2...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUDk7...eature=related
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2009, 20:51
Star Player

Wow both Besiktas and Sivas lose points this week, I love it! With 6 weeks, and plenty of key matches left its still anybodys to win.

1. SS - 57 pts
2. BJK- 55 pts
3. TS - 53 pts
4. GS - 51 pts
5. FB - 48 pts

Sivasspor: Trabzonspor (H), Gaziantepspor (A), Istanbul BB (H), Haceteppe (A), Genclerbirligi (H), Galatasaray (A)

Besiktas: Eskisehirspor (A), Fenerbahce (H), Ankaraspor (A), Ankaragucu (A), Galatasaray (H), Denizlispor (A)

Trabzonspor: Sivasspor (A), Kayseri (H), Kocaeli (A), Bursaspor(H), Eskisehirspor(A), Fenerbahce (H)

Galatasaray: Ankaraspor (H), Haceteppe (A), Ankaragucu (H), Genclerbirligi (H), Besiktas (A), Sivasspor (H)

Fenerbahce; Ankaragucu (H), Besiktas (A), Denizlispor (H), Antalyaspor (A), Konyaspor (H) , Trabzonspor (A)
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2009, 21:28
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Nice find. What does he mean hes not gonna answer in Turkish until he gets his "kimlik". An identification card??

Anyway, what i love about this guy is that he actually puts the effort into learning the language. Some players are in this country for 4+ years and still use an interpreter. Im sure they could put together coherent sentences, but they're afraid of looking foolish. From maybe his second season with us up until now I don't recall him using any translator, even if it meant him sounding a little silly. Its very commendable, and now he speaks pretty well.
Look at Aurelio, he's been here forever and made no attempt to learn the language and he's on the NT even Youla as funny as he sounds manages to get his point across. About the kimlik part it's sort of a stab at him waiting 8 months for it while other teams' players gain citizenship over the weekend. Funny how it works

1954-2006

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2009, 21:32
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Just noticed Ankaragucu plays Besiktas, Fenerbahce (Although they may take a point or points from there as Fener's championship run is over) and Galatasaray. I don't think they'll manage to stay afloat.

We play both Besiktas and you guys at home and we're looking to distance ourselves from the relegation crew although compared to others we stand at a better position in terms of averages and such. This season has been one of the more exciting league finishes in years!

1954-2006

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2009, 21:46 Thread Starter
Legend

The only thing BJK should be worried about is playing against Denizlispor in the final week. With that team near the relegation zone I can imagine them getting points to avoid that

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2010, 16:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnHXW...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSch2...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUDk7...eature=related

Sorry for bringing back this old thread buuuuuuuuuuut Ibrahima Yattara has finally gained his Turkish Citizenship, congrats to İbrahim Üçüncü

1954-2006

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2010, 13:29
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravesends View Post
Sorry for bringing back this old thread buuuuuuuuuuut Ibrahima Yattara has finally gained his Turkish Citizenship, congrats to İbrahim Üçüncü

Wow howd you dig this up? I didnt even recognize my own post.

Anyway very cool news, maybe now he will stop being stubborn and using a French translator when everyone knows he damn well knows how to speak our language

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in