Week 8: Trabzonspor - Gaziantepspor - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2008, 07:30 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Trabzonspor
Week 8: Trabzonspor - Gaziantepspor

Well after two games away from home, we're finally back playing in Avni Aker vs. Gaziantep on Sunday. The GS loss was pretty disappointing, but hopefully the team can get right back on track with a win.

...and PLEASE let the defense get back on track. Ive been hearing a lot of people blaming Tayfun, but I think Tolga is part of the problem as well. The only reason the dude is starting is cause Fatih Terim is still calling him to to the NT. We've yet to see Sylva in action, and I'd take Onur in net over Tolga any day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2008, 04:18
Master Debater
Xtratime Legend

Good luck against Gaziantep.

Be warned though Gaziantep are no pushovers. Lets hope Ersun is able to keep the boys focused.

As far as the defense I wouldn't be too worried. If you look at Gala they're a well oiled machine that can explode at any moment. Sure they've been playing bad but its only a matter of time till they explode. Eating afew goals vs a squad like Gala has right now isnt' the end of the world.

Buraya buraya Deli Ibo Burayaaaaaaaaa
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2008, 14:24
Legend

Teams: GALATASARAY
I got really confused when I read the thread title. It's not Week 3 . The ynly thing I have to say about Trabzon is that Tolga is a terrible keeper, you need to have Sylva in there ready to go

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2008, 17:01
Welcome To Jamrock
World Class Player

Teams: West Ham
how confident are trabzon? should they win?

reason asking i've got an accumulator bet going here and put trabzon down

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousTurk
This website is an absolute joke. The only explanation in you giving Bilica a higher rating then Lugano is that you're border line retarded. Every single chance Diyarbakir had was due to a Bilica error. What a waste of webspace this is, Bilica has been absolute garbage since he's arrived and this was probably his single worst performance. You're a true idiot.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2008, 17:44
Xtratime Legend

Well I hope you guys win this.

"It's up for grabs now!"

Arsenal - Incongruentia Per Cladis
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2008, 20:41 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengos View Post
I got really confused when I read the thread title. It's not Week 3 . The ynly thing I have to say about Trabzon is that Tolga is a terrible keeper, you need to have Sylva in there ready to go
Woops, my fault
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2008, 05:13 Thread Starter
Star Player

Looks like Sylva will finally get his chance at the first team. Gokhan unfortunately is still coming off an injury and is doubtful. Egemen is also slightly injured but might play. If not, Giray will get his first start.

Fanatik is predicting a lineup like this

----------------Sylva--------------------
Serkan---Song-----Egemen/Giray-----Cale
--------Hüseyin ----Selçuk--------------
Yattara-----------------------Colman
--------Isaac------Umut--------------
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2008, 08:52
Master Debater
Xtratime Legend

Man if you guys could just get a creative type midfielder instead of Huseyin and give Selcuk the more defensive duties the attacking edge on the team would be so much better. Somebody to basically run the show from the middle.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2008, 10:44
Welcome To Jamrock
World Class Player

Teams: West Ham
they'll probably go for Yusuf from Bursa in January

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousTurk
This website is an absolute joke. The only explanation in you giving Bilica a higher rating then Lugano is that you're border line retarded. Every single chance Diyarbakir had was due to a Bilica error. What a waste of webspace this is, Bilica has been absolute garbage since he's arrived and this was probably his single worst performance. You're a true idiot.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2008, 17:28 Thread Starter
Star Player

Ugh A Fkin draw. I didnt see the game, but it looks like we're slipping into mediocrity
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2008, 17:38
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Galatasaray
antep are pretty good, no need to be negative.

/\ |) /\ |\| /\ () |
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2008, 18:00
Rising Star

This team is a lot worse than last year's team ...

This team is a lot worse than last year's team (the one with Ersen Martin and Gokdeniz). I haven't watch an exiciting Trabzonsor yet this year. Sener wasted the club's money. Wrong choice of players purchased. The team needed 4-5 excellent players and I see none. Not even one good one. The team do not have player like Gokdeniz with speed, power and accuracy. Very slow team. Terrible pasing and crossing. The current Trabzonspor players do not have the talent and speed to carry the club where we all want to see. They just try hard.

What do you think?
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2008, 19:00
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Eskişehirspor, Türkiye
Antep are good but the whole second half they tried slowing the game down with Murat Sahin constantly faking injuries etc... just a lot of unnecessary time wasting. Trabzon should of won. Gokhan Unal missed so many chances.

1954-2006

Eskişehir'de Doğdum ESKİŞEHİRSPOR'LUYUM
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2008, 21:50
Master Debater
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
they'll probably go for Yusuf from Bursa in January
Yusuf in the midfield with Selcuk playing Huseyin's role would make Trabzon a very very very dangerous team.

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2008, 04:55 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravesends View Post
Antep are good but the whole second half they tried slowing the game down with Murat Sahin constantly faking injuries etc... just a lot of unnecessary time wasting. Trabzon should of won. Gokhan Unal missed so many chances.
I guess the result could have been worse... It just seems like we keep getting these opportunities to break away from the rest of the teams in the league, like this week with EsEs beating GS and BJK drawing, but we aren't making use of them.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2008, 05:29 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hymytscan View Post
This team is a lot worse than last year's team (the one with Ersen Martin and Gokdeniz). I haven't watch an exiciting Trabzonsor yet this year. Sener wasted the club's money. Wrong choice of players purchased. The team needed 4-5 excellent players and I see none. Not even one good one. The team do not have player like Gokdeniz with speed, power and accuracy. Very slow team. Terrible pasing and crossing. The current Trabzonspor players do not have the talent and speed to carry the club where we all want to see. They just try hard.

What do you think?
Well if you're referring to the team with Ersen and Marcelinho and whatnot, that wasnt last year, that was two years ago. But besides a few nice wins against GS and BJK, that team was an overall dissapointment. Sure we had Yattara and Gokdeniz showing off individual talent and thats exciting and all, but sometimes you have to sacrifice that to build a REAL team. Not to mention our defense now is muuuuch better than what we had than.

And you dont think transfers like Selcuk Inan, Song, Gokhan Unal are good? These guys have been some of the top players in their positions for the last couple seasons. We still have a lot of work to do, but like Yeniceri's been saying since the beginning of the season, if we can find a creative/attacking player, and make a few adjustments here and there, our team has a chance at being special.

Lastly, you're criticizing a team that has an average age of 24 and is second place in the league, relax!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2008, 01:39
Master Debater
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hymytscan View Post

What do you think?
I have to say I completely disagree. Even as a non Trabzon fan I'm excited about this team.

The teams you're refering to in years past were dead end clubs. Most the players were just fill ins and there was no vision for the future. You completely had to rely on the individual talents of Gokdeniz and Yattara to do anything. And when they did something you had the added problem of not conceding.

In past years Trabzon has had an extremely weak defense and not many options in the midfield. This year Ersun has put together a squad where any single injury (with the exception of Yattara) won't hurt you guys much. This team is good but what is so exciting is that they're only going to get better.

You have Serkan who plays right back but can also be moved up to the midfield since he has a very good backup at right back. This gives Ersun Yanal many options once you guys take a lead.

You have two solid strikers and if one of them gets injured or is off form Ersun can easily go to a 1 striker formation or throw Isaac upfront. Isaac can also play as a wing foward incase Yattara gets injured.

Song most would disagree with me but I think he is the second best defender in the league, he has really helped stabilize your defense. Now he has Egemen as a parter and you can't do much better than him in poaching Turkish defenders from anadolu teams.

Cale is also a billion times better than the option T.S. had at left back last year.

Throw Coleman in the mix who is finally starting to settle in and Selcuk Inan who is one of the best young all around central midfielders in Turkey and what you have is a very solid well balanced team.

Honestly T.S. doesnt' have many gaps and going into the next transfer window or offseason after that they can not panic and plan carefully to make the team better. One or two solid players in specific positions and this team can compete with anybody in Turkey in the next 2 years.

Ersun seems to really have a plan and a vision for the future, something not just T.S. but all Turkish teams have lacked. Honestly if I was a T.S. fan I wouldn't even care if this team finished in 10th place this year. The future looks very bright.

BTW sorry to write such a long post, I just have so many good things to say about this team right now.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2008, 06:07 Thread Starter
Star Player

Man, your posts always get me so excited for this team Thanks for that.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2008, 07:38 Thread Starter
Star Player

Just saw the extended highlights. Man we created some great chances, but the finishing just wasnt there I guess. Gokhan missed 2 or 3 chances which he would have made easily while he was on Kayseri.

I think our attack needs one convincing victory to finally get rolling, but the opportunities we've been making have been good.

Also, Huseyin and Cale will be out next match b/c of yellow card suspension. Ceyhun will finally get a crack at the starting lineup, at the DM position. From the very few minutes I've actually seen him play, he looked pretty slow, kind of like Huseyin, but with a MUCH better shot. At LB, fanatik is saying Egemen might be put there with Giray in the middle with Song.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in