*Official* Nottingham Forest thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2590 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2003, 14:56 Thread Starter
Rookie

Is there not an official Nottingham Forest thread?

I searched but did not find. I'd be more than willing to contributing to one to let folks know what is going on.

Of course the hot rumor today are the talks of bringing in Manchester City striker Darren Huckerby on loan for the rest of the season to aid our promotion bid. Of course, he has cooled the talks today saying that he has not snubbed Celtic (!) and the word on the Forest board is that he is holding out for a Leicester bid, which would really make me ill, especially since they are supposed to be in administration and don't create the sort of chances we can create on the pitch.

Anyway, come on you REDS!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2590 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2003, 19:55
Star Player

Nope, there isn't one.

But you might as well start one up.

Do you think the sale of David Prutton to Southampton will be a big blow to Forest,
or won't they really miss him ?
post #3 of 2590 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2003, 20:12
World Class Player
World Class Player

Teams: Arsenal, Watford, UK NTs, and dozens more.
Quote:
Originally posted by StuPid
Do you think the sale of David Prutton to Southampton will be a big blow to Forest,
or won't they really miss him ?
How can anyone not miss David Prutton? He's one of the best players in the Nationwide League.

Glen: "That last post of Bastin's is just too authoritative to argue against."

gOD: "It scares the f*ck out of me but I'm with Bastin here."

Cacìni: "Ah, there you go using that absurd über-memory of your's...not fair."

Boyo: "Even when it comes to rap, Bastin is an authority."

Attila_the_Nun: "A most respected scion of Misty Albion, the illustious Bastin - the redoubtable defender of all our noble traditions."

Humbird: "Bastin is very attractive when talking nautical! "

post #4 of 2590 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2003, 20:28
Star Player

I can't remember what it was, or where I read this,
but apparently some Forest fans think Prutton is a little over-rated.

I think a couple of fans on a 6-0-6 message board reckoned that Prutton is very hardworking, versatile player but he isn't always that great when he has got the ball.

But I guess they would say that now that he has gone !
post #5 of 2590 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2003, 17:33 Thread Starter
Rookie

Well, thus far Prutts leaving hasn't hurt us. I thought it would for the simple fact that he was a starter in the squad that had made it all the way into a serious playoff position. Then he's gone. To lose someone who has played central midfield all season and then go out and win the next two matches against Wimbledon & Crystal Palace without him might be where some fans thought he was overrated.

He's been a solid player for us in central midfield and had earned 17 England U21 caps while with us. The Forest website had a lot of people blasting the manager for the sale, I think overall supporters were sad to see him go. He doesn't have much flair on the ball it is true, but he is above average and still quite young with only room to improve.

Of course today's big news is that Darren Huckerby has signed for us on loan for the rest of the season. A £1.5m move would be sealed for a permanent switch if we gain promotion.
post #6 of 2590 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2003, 22:10
Premier Player

i dont rate Huckerby, never scored consistently wherever hes played, i think Harewood and Johnson should keep him out.
post #7 of 2590 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2003, 13:08
Rookie

I've also heard that we're trying to sign a new goalkeeper, and have been looking at an American called Tim Howard. Apparently he has a lot of promise.
post #8 of 2590 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2003, 18:20 Thread Starter
Rookie

Alfie, I reckon Huck will do well back in Division 1, especially as someone else has said to "prove Keegan wrong again." I think the plan is to play all three - DJ, Marlon & Huck and it looks like Andy Reid would be the one to unfortunately lose his place.

simsini, here is some information on Tim Howard. There was a lot of talk that he should have been included in our team that went to the World Cup but instead Bruce Arena (USA boss) said he wanted Tony Meola as a sort of paybacks for all the good work he had done over the years for US Soccer. I'm pretty sure

Quote:
Finally, Tim Howard is getting his chance. After backing up Tony Meola for years with the MetroStars, he has taken full advantage of his starting spot with the NY/NJ club. Since then, the North Brunswick, N.J., native became the youngest player to win the Goalkeeper of the Year honor when he did so in 2001 and then became the only back-to-back winner of the award when he claimed the prize again in 2002.

On the international level, he has faced similar roadblocks, being forced to ride the pine when Brad Friedel was called in to the U.S. Under-23 MNT as a wild card player just prior to the 2000 Olympics AND getting stuck on the depth chart behind Friedel, Kasey Keller and Meola for a trip to Korea with the full team last summer. But now it’s his time. After being dubbed “the goalkeeper of the future” and having his potential bandied about for so many years, he has officially emerged as the best young goalkeeper in the nation. Howard will likely start this weekend when the U.S. Men’s National Team faces Canada to kick off the 2003 season.
one more tidbit

Quote:
Bio Info: Earned first Cap and shutout on March 10, 2002 vs. Ecuador. Member of U-20s in 1998 and at the 1999 FIFA Youth World Championship in Nigeria. Member of U-17s in 1994 and at the 1995 FIFA U-17 Youth World Championship in Ecuador. 2001 MLS Goalkeeper of the Year.
He, Nick Rimando and Joe Cannon are the better US keepers coming up through the ranks. Howard played in Wednesday's friendly victory over Jamacia. He let in one goal, but it was a rocket from 30 yards out that he just didn't have a chance to get at. He also played in the Argentina friendly at the weekend and also only let in one, but Argentina didn't press at all after they scored.

He's a great prospect. Had a loan or trial though with Feyenoord last year that didn't go too well if I remember right.
post #9 of 2590 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2003, 07:28
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Friday, February 14, 2003

Forest: No move for Batty

Nottingham Forest have denied they are about to sign Leeds' out-of-favour midfielder David Batty.

Batty: Fit again (RossKinnaird/GettyImages)

Forest boss Paul Hart, a former Leeds coach, had been linked with a move for the 34-year-old after the departure of David Prutton to Southampton to £2.5 million.

The former England international has not made a single appearance this season and chairman Peter Ridsdale said he was no longer up to the rigours of Premiership football.

Batty has disputed that and returned to action this week playing for Leeds reserves against Sheffield Wednesday's second-string side.

But Forest have denied they will follow the signing of Darren Huckerby with a move for the former Newcastle and Blackburn midfielder.

'There's no truth whatsoever in the reports linking us with David Batty. He's not a player who has ever figured on our wanted list,' a Forest spokesman said.

soccernet

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #10 of 2590 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2003, 04:57
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

nottingham forest beat stoke 6-0...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=49506&cc=5901

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #11 of 2590 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2003, 17:58 Thread Starter
Rookie

Straight throttling, 4 goals for Harewood where he could have had 6!!!

We've been threatening to do this for a long time is what the gaffer said. Now he has a tough choice ahead this week as you would assume he'll ask one of the 6-0 heroes to make way for Darren Huckerby when we go up against Watford.

The Potters manager Tony Pulis said Forest looked a Division above them. Lets hope he means Forest in the Premiership and not still in the First Division next season when Sjoke are down in the Second Division!

Hmmm... that's a recycled "joke" already used on another board & its just not funny.
post #12 of 2590 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2003, 20:22 Thread Starter
Rookie

After a disappointing and lucky draw against the run of play at Watford on the weekend, Forest are up 2-0 at Gillingham inside the first 20 minutes on 2 Darren Huckerby goals!!!
post #13 of 2590 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2003, 22:58
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: West Brom and Arsenal. Dallas Cowboys.
A good classy 4-1 away win for the Forest, agaisnt a Gills side that just couldn't cope with them.

Forest seem to have a cracking youth policy looking at the youngsters that they produce. Jenas to name but 1.

Fantasy Football? try www.freekick.org

Freddie Mia

Thomas Fortune Odemwingie
Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
Ridgewell Olson McAuley Reid
----------Foster
post #14 of 2590 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2003, 21:59
Star Player

Jammy Forest.

They drew 2-2 at home to Grimsby,
thanks to a last minute Gareth Williams goal.

Nottingham Forest 2 ---- 2 Grimsby Town

Reid (23 mins) ---------- Groves (44 mins)
Williams (90 mins) ----- Pouton (48 mins)
post #15 of 2590 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2003, 10:07
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
fools forest don't have fans, just a few turn up at the ground but only when there winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 2590 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2003, 19:05
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
although they are loud bastards when they are winning
we'll be back next year (as long as we don't get relegated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 2590 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2003, 19:19
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Quote:
i dont rate Huckerby, never scored consistently wherever hes played, i think Harewood and Johnson should keep him out.
Oh yeah 26 goals last season proves his inconsistency. And he did miss the first 12 games of the season and was meant to be the running striker.

I think hes an ace signing for forest and I was sad to see him go to you and not be playing for us.

Also where are all of derby's fans jimbo?

~ The Green ne
post #18 of 2590 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2003, 20:53
Premier Player

thanks for inadvertantly proving my point : Huckerby had one good season last year and to my knowledge has not scored more than 10 goals a year each season before that. Therefore he is inconsistent.
post #19 of 2590 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2003, 04:40
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

nottingham forest beat norwich 4-0...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=49614&cc=5901

post #20 of 2590 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2003, 11:24
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Huckerby Considering Making Forest Move Permanent
Latest News | News Archive

Huckerby a success in Division One (Allsport)
04/02/2003. Darren Huckerby has said that he'll consider signing for Nottingham Forest on a permanent basis if they achieve promotion to the Premiership.

Huckerby, on loan from Manchester City, has been a massive success since arriving at the City Ground. His five goals in six matches have helped Forest firmly establish themselves in the play-off places.

The former Necastle, Leeds and Coventry player had been struggling to make an impact in the Premiership with Man City and wouldn't have many chances should he return there.

He said: "It's a great club to play for and, of course, I would consider a permanent move if we go all the way to promotion.'

soccerage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in