NCFC 2002 - May 2004 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 769 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2002, 01:10
DeJackal

Birmingham City v Norwich City

Now that Birmingham City has seen of the pretenders "Millwall", and sadly Wolves have been knocked out by Norwich.

What team
Birmingham City or Norwich City

will you be rooting for and who deserves the Premiership status the most?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 769 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2002, 08:31
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: West Brom and Arsenal. Dallas Cowboys.
Certainly not Blues as their fans are disgraceful not as bad as Wolves, but nearly. Fans have a 'Big club' attitude yet Birmingham City have won NOTHING EVER !!!!

I like Norwich in total, their fans are excellent, they hate Wolves too(many clubs do thats how nice their fans are!), the beer is superb in Norwich, and its a good day out.

Come on the Canaries!!!!

If they do do it, will Delia bring out a Premiership Pies book ???
post #3 of 769 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2002, 12:09
Rising Star

So now we have a choice of two no hopers rather than the four previous to this weeks Play off Semi finals.

It makes no difference who wins the final, along with West Brom, they stand absolutely no chance whatsoever next season in the Premiership, such is the vast gap in quality between them and the teams already established there.

That Phoenix league cannot happen fast enough.

post #4 of 769 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2002, 21:38
Star Player

Teams: Colchester United FC
I would like Norwich to get promoted

Barside Barmy Army!
post #5 of 769 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2002, 23:19
Rising Star

C'mon Norwich!!!
post #6 of 769 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2002, 08:15
Star Player

Us Essex boyz have to stick together!

Barside Barmy Army!
post #7 of 769 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2002, 10:13
Legend

Come on Fred, I'll bet you said the same thing last year about the teams that went up, all 3 have survived this year.

The truth is that with all these foreign players coming in and teams having huge squads, the teams that come up usually have a good team spirit and invariably do well first season, but then they start changing things and cant maintain the spirit.

Dont write off teams before they have a chance of showing you how good they are.

I want Norwich.
post #8 of 769 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2002, 12:25
Rising Star

Balis...

I knew that chestnut would get dragged out sooner rather than later when i wrote my initial post....I think though, that you will have to agree that there is a great difference between the mighty millions that Blackburn and Fulhams chairmen are able to throw at their teams far eclipse anything that Norwich or West Brom will be able to achieve. Bolton also had some massive help from Reebok, and it is only through their ability to draw the likes of N'Gotty and Jerkoff to the club, that they were not sucked in to the bottom three.

Even Birmingham are not a wealthy club by comparison to the poorest of Premiership clubs. They have perpetually survived on wheeling and dealing in sub standard Premiership reserves for players and will not hacve the draw for potential stars that even Charlton or Southampton have.

It isn't just geographical either, Villa have managed to attract some quality playersin their time, (not to much avail), but Birmingham do not have a successful image, and will therefore struggle to attract quality signings.

Of the two finalists, I too would like to see Norwich win it. they don't really have much of a chance next season, but they will represent an area of the country that as things stand at the moment will not have Premiership football close at hand.

Going back to your original point, only Ipswich can really lay claim to having made a true impact in their first season up since the Premiership was formed.......

And where are they now...??
post #9 of 769 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2002, 18:07
Rising Star

Norwich have been impressive in the play offs so far, they'll see the brummies off easily.
post #10 of 769 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2002, 19:06
Star Player

I'm a Norwich fan and proud of that fact (at the moment anyway!)
I am pleasently surprised with all your confidence in the canaries or is it just that you all hate Birmingham City so much ?
As an exiled canary I'm am not very hopeful of being able to get a ticket for next Sunday, as I'm gonna have to phone up early Tuesday morning and hope that I get through before all the tickets are sold.
we will have the "lucky" north dressing-room at the Millenium Stadium so COME ON YOU YELLOWS!
post #11 of 769 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2002, 22:41
Premier Player

Teams: Man United
Id like Norwich but i think Birmingham have a better side and would look better with the premiership status. A city like Birmingham deserves to have a side in the top flight. The Brum derby would also be a good game.
post #12 of 769 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2002, 22:46
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally posted by StuPid
I am pleasently surprised with all your confidence in the canaries or is it just that you all hate Birmingham City so much ?
I officially hate Birmingham City. Like Balis said, BC seem to have the "we're a big club so we have a birth right to be in the PL" attitude. Also add the fact that BC stole (ok just offered more money and a better money) my adopted towns manager and best player (Barry Fry and Ricky Otto). I want Norwich to go up because they are the underdogs as well.

I don't think Birmingham or Norwich will stay up. Nor will WBA. I agree with Fred that those 3 clubs dont compare with Blackburns and Fulhams finances and yet in the end both Blackburn and Fulham struggled. Bolton stayed up because of their wheeler dealing and some great loan signings. But also because they have PL experience in the last few years whereas BC haven't been in the top league for years and Norwich and WBA havent either.
post #13 of 769 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2002, 23:51
Legend

Guys come on, have you been supporting Prem football so long that you've forgotten what FOOTBSALL is?

Money will not solve all your problems.

Hands up here who thinks that WBA have spent shed loads of money to get promoted ? We MADE money last year, how many Prem or any other div club managed that?

What we have is a great team spirit and work ethic. I can think of 3 more players we need as first team or cover, but thats it.
If you look at just how much money has been ploughed into certain clubs and for what? Look at Sheff Wed. Fulham have spent buckets and achieved what? When we played them at the Hawthorns in FAC6 on their Prem money and our platry Nationwide money, they won but only due to luck in getting a free kick that never was. Give me team spirit anyday rather than cash.

You can buy the best 11 players in the world and pit them against a team full of players playing for the team, and they'll give them a going over. I have no doubt that we may struggle in the early part of the season, (we always do,!) untill we guage the pace of the league. But I do believe we will survive, you guys haven't seen us play, so I dont expect you to understand. We tonked Man City 4-0 at home and drew 0-0 at Maine Road. If any team next season thinks we will be push overs then they will leave the pitch 90 minutes later pointless!

Prem money just means you can entice the really good players from abroad, dont mean to say they will knit together into the team. You wait till Big Dave shows them what reputation is all about!
post #14 of 769 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2002, 02:34
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Everton FC, Australia
Very well said! I think the thing with West Brom, Birmingham and Norwich is that they are clubs who like Ipswich when they came up in 2000 were out of the top level for some years and think their time has finally come. As such, they'll be well placed to do well because of sufficient preparation.
post #15 of 769 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2002, 19:32
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred Dineage
Ipswich can really lay claim to having made a true impact in their first season up since the Premiership was formed.......

And where are they now...??
In the relegation zone hahaha :fero:

Barside Barmy Army!
post #16 of 769 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2002, 01:15
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Everton FC, Australia
Yeah but if they win and Sunderland lose they will escape due to a better goal difference...
post #17 of 769 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2002, 20:09
Star Player

Well I want Liverpool to beat Ipswich Maybe Liverpool could score 7 past them

Barside Barmy Army!
post #18 of 769 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2002, 20:21
Star Player

*Official* Norwich City thread

Well theres a West Brom thread and even a QPR thread, so I may as well start a thread of my own!
I doubt hardly any of you will even bother reading this!
post #19 of 769 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2002, 20:36
Star Player

The canaries haven't had a great pre-season result wise, but according to the club website the performances have generally been good.
It started with the tour of Scotland including a win, a draw and a defeat.
At Carrow Road there was the club centenary showcase friendly v Ajax, which was lost 1-0, and then the 3-1 defeat v West Ham the other day.
Trevor Sinclair, Jermain defoe and Joe Cole scoring the goals for the hammers.
Norwich have only made 1 summer signing, left sided player Paul Heckingbottom from Darlington. He has been touted by some as the man to end the problems on the left side of midfield and as the deputy to Adam Drury at left back.
No first team players have left the club which is very good news, even though Gary Holt and Malky Mackay have been linked with other teams.
But now Malky Mackay is injured and looks set to miss the start of the season at least which is a big blow

Iwan Roberts hasn't shown any recurrance of his injury problems so far, and if he can have an injury free season we will be challenging in the top six again!
post #20 of 769 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2002, 21:53
Premier Player

Delia Smith is a good cook

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in