Should 3 teams come up from Conference? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2011, 11:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
Should 3 teams come up from Conference?

Just when they were going through the classified league tables on SKY Sports after the results yesterday I had a thought about this. It was previously only one team to promote from the Conference to the old 4th division, and they increased it to two, but should they make it three?

After all 3 teams is normally how many teams promote and relegate between all of the divisions apart from between League 1 and League 2 which has 4 teams promoted/relegated.

There used to be less teams promoting from the conference due to the clubsmostly being semi=professional and hesitant if they could come up and compete in the football league.

However, even the teams who came up from last season, Stevenage and Oxford have shown the ability to play in the division, as have most of the teams who have been promoted in the last 5 years with Dagenham & Redbridge and Exeter for instance already playing in League One and the only club to be relegated since 2002-03 season is Chester who ended up folding.

I think there are enough good clubs from the conference, worthy of playing in League Two to make sure that 3 teams can be promoted.

I say this because it would make both leagues more competitive aswell, with the extra possible spot for relegation and extra spot with the chance to promote (2 automatic promotions and 4 team play-off like in the football leagues)

What do you guys think?

XT Italian Prediction League Winner 2012
XT Serie A Fantasy League Honours
Xt Coppa Italia: 2009/10
XT Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2011, 15:28
Premier Player

Teams: Crystal Palace, Sampdoria
If the clubs in the conference have grounds which are good enough and are financially capable of surviving in the football league,I don't see why not.
I don't think it will happen though as the league clubs would veto any such proposal out of self interest.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in