Approach made for worthington - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2009, 19:18 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Norn Iron
Approach made for worthington

NI reject Norwich Worthington bid

The Irish Football Association has refused Norwich permission to speak to Northern Ireland boss Nigel Worthington about a return to Carrow Road.
When approached by Norwich on Thursday, IFA president Raymond Kennedy said he wanted Worthington to stay and honour his contract as international boss.
The Championship club have accepted this and will continue their search for Glenn Roeder's successor.

"I am happy to focus on a job I am enjoying," Worthington told BBC Sport.

"I spoke to the president about the situation and we are both happy that it was in the best interests of the association and myself that any offer from Norwich be rejected.

"I had a successful time at Norwich although the last six months were a bit hairy when tough times hit.

"I still live in north Norfolk but I have done the Norwich job and have now moved on and am really enjoying my role with Northern Ireland."

Worthington, who has a contract as Northern Ireland until the end of he current qualifying campaign, was in charge of Norwich for almost six years until he was sacked in 2006.
Roeder was dismissed as Norwich boss on Wednesday following their 1-0 FA Cup defeat by Charlton.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully Norwich come back an improved offer, we need them to take this calamity that is worthington off our hands

end football Apartheid in Ireland!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2009, 04:41
Star Player

Teams: Millwall, Juventus
I agree that Northern Ireland need him to go. I feel he is only good in a short term role, like this at Norwich where he can come in, sign a few players and keep a side up. Long term though he hasn't got it, to be a success.

Go to the Coaching Thread

Link-https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4366994#post4366994

The Dream Team Project

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=251243

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in