Official summer transfers - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:41 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Official summer transfers

Signing no1

Albion sign Martis

Albion have signed Shelton Martis from SPL outfit Hibernians for £50,000.

The 6ft1in centre-half has today (monday) put pen to papper on a two-year deal, plus a further year's option in the club's favour, after passing a Hawthorns medical.

And he will now link up again with former Hibs boss Tony Mowbray, who took the dutch youngsters to Easter Road from Darlington in August 2006.

Last edited by Albion; July 2nd, 2007 at 12:14.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 14:48
Star Player

Teams: England B
weird signing. did OK at Darlington, was disastrous at Hibs last season and almost resigned with the Quakers last month. definitely not a replacement for Davies

Champions of England - 1948/49 & 1949/50

Ernie Butler
Bill Hindmarsh------------------Harry Ferrier
Jimmy Scoular-------------------Reg Flewin (c)---------------Jimmy Dickinson
Ike Clarke---------------------Len Phillips
Peter Harris---------------------Duggie Reid------------------Jack Froggatt
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2007, 18:39 Thread Starter
Legend

Cant say anything since I never saw this guy before, but I think he is signed to replace McShane who looks set for Sunderland, he didnt cost much and Mowbray claims to know him, could turn to be a good move.

If Davies leaves, Mowbray will surely bring another CB, there are already rumors about Balde.

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2007, 14:42 Thread Starter
Legend

Signing no2

Baggies capture Celtic hotshot Beattie

Albion have completed their second signing of the summer by snapping up striker Craig Beattie from SPL champions Celtic in an initial £1.2 milion deal.

The Scotaland international has today penned a three-year Baggies contract, plus a further year's option in the club's favour, after passing a Hawthorns medical.

The 23 year-old striker's arrival from north of the border will incrase Tony Mowbray's attacking options.

The fee could rise by a further £500 000 depending performance-related add-ons.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2007, 14:50 Thread Starter
Legend

Baggies extend MacDonald's loan

The 22-year-old joined the Baggies from the Dutch Second Division outfit during the January 2007 transfer window.

The Holland Under-21 international has not yet started a first-team game for Albion, but made 12 appearances from the bench last season.

"We've all seen glimpses of what Sherjill can produce," manager Tony Mowbray told his club's website.

"I see it regularly in training. Sherjill has undoubted quality and is gradually adapting to the English culture."

A minor knee operation in April limited the Dutchman's opportunities towards the end of the season.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2007, 11:02 Thread Starter
Legend

Fulham have completed the signing of Diomansy Kamara from West Bromwich Albion.

The 26-year-old striker has signed a for year deal and has moved to The Cottage for a reported £6million fee.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2007, 12:44 Thread Starter
Legend

KOUMAS SEALS WIGAN SWITCH

Jason Koumas has completed a £5.3million move to Wigan, the club have confirmed.

Koumas had already passed a medical, and the Wales international agreed terms on a four-year contract.

=================================

£11M for both Kamara and Koumas
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2007, 12:46
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
Do you think you'll sell Gera too?
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2007, 13:13 Thread Starter
Legend

Gera's future is uncertain atm, he didnt demand a transfer as Koumas and Joe did right after the final against Derby. One thing is sure, if he is unhappy at the club and with a good offer he might leave aswell as Mowbray is looking to keep only those who want to play for WBA.

He wasnt at his best last season, lacked motivation, and IMO likely to be the same if he stays, so my wish is that Mowbray sells him.
Man City seem very intersted in him.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2007, 18:42 Thread Starter
Legend

OWLS SWOOP FOR WATSON

Utility player Steve Watson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday on a free transfer from West Brom.

Baggies boss Tony Mowbray added: "Steve did well on loan at Wednesday last season and we wish him well now he has made the move permanent."
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2007, 11:24 Thread Starter
Legend

Signing no3

West Brom bag Teixeira

West Brom have completed the capture of Portuguese midfielder Filipe Teixeira from Academica de Coimbra.

The Baggies have paid the Superliga outfit €750,000 (£500,000) for the 26-year-old, who has previously had two spells with Paris Saint Germain.

West Brom boss Tony Mowbray has been keen to strengthen the squad following the departures of Jason Koumas, Chris Perry, Steve Watson and Diomansy Kamara.

Academica president Jose Eduardo Simoes revealed the lure of English football was too great for Teixeira.

"From a sporting point of view it's a blow for us, but the kid is happy to jump at the chance to play in England," said Simoes.

Teixeira is planning on taking the chance with both hands, saying: "This is a big move in my career and I intend to succeed in English football."
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2007, 23:17 Thread Starter
Legend

West Bromwich Albion defender Paul McShane has joined Sunderland.

The Irish international will cost the newly promoted Premiership club an initial £1.5m fee, which could rise to £2.5m.

West Brom manager Tony Mowbray told his club's official website: "I want to thank Paul for his contribution last season.

"He's a terrific lad with a terrific attitude to football.

"But Paul intimated to me in very strong terms that his ambitions lay away from this football club.

"I've said it many times before that I want players here who want to play for the shirt so that we can move the club forward together.

"We've now sold three players who made it clear they wanted to leave.

"We now have an opportunity to build a new team with players who are fully committed to taking the club forward."
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2007, 23:24 Thread Starter
Legend

Signing no4

Albion sign £2.5m Barnett

West Brom have completed the signing of defender Leon Barnett from Luton for an initial £2.5million.

The 21-year-old's transfer fee could eventually rise to £3million and he has signed a four-year contract with the option of an extra year in the club's favour.

"He possesses outstanding physical attributes," Albion boss Tony Mowbray told his club's official website www.wba.co.uk.

"We've brought in raw potential and there are parts of his game he needs to develop.

"But we're looking forward to helping him improve over the next few years, and hopefully seeing Leon play his part in the future success of the club."

Last edited by Albion; July 26th, 2007 at 23:34.
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2007, 13:26 Thread Starter
Legend

Signing no5

Albion clinch Tininho deal

Albion today made Miguel Tininho their second signing in 24 hours - as fellow new boy Leon Barnett prepared for an instant bow at Hereford.

The Baggies have paid Beira Mar £230,000 for the Portuguese left back, after he impressed during this week’s trial and in Wednesday night’s thrashing of Northampton.

The 26-year-old, who was born in Mozambique, has signed a two-year contract, with a further year in the club’s favour, at The Hawthorns.

He becomes Albion’s second Portuguese import this summer, following the arrival of Filipe Teixeira, and boss Tony Mowbray has been encouraged by what has seen.

“Tininho’s got a wonderful personality, a nice left foot and is a decent athlete,” said Mowbray.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2007, 13:19
Star Player

Teams: Millwall, Juventus
I think you guys paid over the price for Barnett. I would pay 1 and half million tops. I havn't seen this guy much but when I did he didn't hit me as good as Curtis Davies was when he was at Luton. Very strong in the air though so maybe Mowbray has big plans for him.

Go to the Coaching Thread

Link-https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4366994#post4366994

The Dream Team Project

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=251243
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2007, 11:41 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwall rule
I think you guys paid over the price for Barnett. I would pay 1 and half million tops. I havn't seen this guy much but when I did he didn't hit me as good as Curtis Davies was when he was at Luton. Very strong in the air though so maybe Mowbray has big plans for him.

Well its 2.5 milions in and out, just that we replaced McShane with Barnett.

He has improved a lot last season (Luton's player of the year), and has to be better than McShane: quicker, heading, tackling, just not brave as him.
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2007, 17:13 Thread Starter
Legend

Signing no6

Bostjan Cesar - Albion loan confirmed

Albion have confirmed the anticipated loan signing of Bostjan Cesar from Marseille. The French club had all but announced the loan earlier in the week, but details have now been finalised.

Cesar has signed on a season long loan with a view to a permanent move. He's 25 years old, a Slovenian international and a left sided central defender. He's regarded as a bit of a no-nonsense stopper - something really we've needed at the back for a while. In the Championship that kind of defender can be very influential - just look at what Big Dave did for Derby for instance.

Cesar is now awaiting international clearance before he can play.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2007, 13:37 Thread Starter
Legend

Signing no7

Hoefkens seals Baggies Switch

West Brom have signed Stoke defender Carl Hoefkens for £750,000.

The Belgium international, who can operate at right-back or centre-back, has signed a two-year deal with the option of an extra year.

Hoefkens, 28, has become the Baggies' seventh summer signing after previous spells with Belgian sides Lierse and Germinal Beerschot.

Albion boss Tony Mowbray said: "Carl really impressed me both times he played against us last season.

"I have also watched him play for his country and I believe he is just the type of footballer who will enhance our style of play.

"He is really pleased to be here and is keen to help the club be successful."
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2007, 14:28 Thread Starter
Legend

Signing no.8

Baggies swoop for £1.5m Morrison

Albion have captured Middlesbrough's attacking midfielder James Morrison in a £1.5million deal.

The 21 year-old, who will wear no.27 shirt, has signed a four-year contract after passing a Hawthorns medical.

The fee could rise by a further £700,000 depending on appearances.

Boro will also be due 15 per cent of any sell-on fee.

Boss Tony Mowbray said "James is a very talented young player and we'r delighted he's agreed to join us. He's a creative midfield player and will bring us versatility to our attacking options".

Last edited by Albion; August 7th, 2007 at 18:12.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2007, 18:03
Forum Manager
Legend

Thatsa tremendous signing imo. Can't understand why no EPL clubs came looking for him.

"a fan of Al-Habsi"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in