Official January Transfers - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2007, 14:48 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Official January Transfers

No.1 ROBERT KOREN

Slovenian international Robert Koren is the first january signing. He has signed a 18 months contract.

http://www.wba.premiumtv.co.uk/page/...59897,00.html?

I see he can play anywhere in midfield, and his prefered position is offensive midfielder.

I guess this also means GOODBYE GERA !

Last edited by Albion; January 30th, 2007 at 22:01.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2007, 14:52 Thread Starter
Legend

This is him, Robert Koren

Full name Robert Koren
Date of birth September 20, 1980
Place of birth Ljubljana, Slovenia
Height 1,75m
Nickname "Robbie"
Position Attacking Midfielder, Forward

He will be available against Leeds !
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2007, 15:52
World Class Player

Teams: AEK Athens & Dirty Leeds
Youll need him..were building up a squad of world cup players !!!

05.04.00 - 05.04.09

9 years of hurt and pain.

An anniversary we never wanted, but one we'll never forget.

R.I.P boys.

"We're gunna stay with you forever"

NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2007, 12:21
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
I hope he does well for you. Although West Brom is not what I had hoped he'd sign for.:undecide:

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2007, 13:03
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
We were rumoured to be after him. Either we made no approach, or somehow WBA have snatched him from us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2007, 20:12
International

He is a good player. One of the best players in the norwegian league. It will be exciting to see how he makes the transition.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2007, 04:55
Star Player

Teams: Millwall, Juventus
I have seen him only a few times but the thing that jump out at me when I saw him as his ability to hold onto he ball and then release it at the right time. I have also hear he has a really good shot and he scores a lot of goals in Norway

Go to the Coaching Thread

Link-https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4366994#post4366994

The Dream Team Project

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=251243
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2007, 08:40
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
I hear he played the last ten minutes against Leeds in the FA Cup. Reports here say he did OK and that you coach was pleased even if it was his misteke that lead to Leeds's goal. Any news?

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2007, 22:03 Thread Starter
Legend

No.2 SHERJILL MACDONALD

Baggies snap up Dutch ace

West Brom have completed the signing of AGOVV Apeldoorn's young Dutch striker Sherjill MacDonald on loan until the end of the season.
A deal has been agreed between the two clubs and the 22-year-old Holland Under-21 international, who will move to the Hawthorns on loan with a view to a possible permanent deal, which could cost Albion around £500,000.
The former Anderlecht starlet, who came through Ajax's famed academy, becomes the club's second January arrival following Slovenian international Robert Koren but he is not eligible for Sunday's FA Cup fourth-round derby clash with Wolves at Molineux.

Boss Tony Mowbray told the club's website: "We brought in a young lad with potential to see how he adapts to the English game.

"It's very unusual for a Dutch player to get international recognition when not playing for a top-flight club.

"I feel we've pulled off a coup by getting a young player on loan who has created a lot of interest in Holland.

"Sherjill is quick, has got good technique and a good goals record.

"Initially, we're not going to put too much pressure on him but if he does well there will hopefully be an opportunity to make the move permanent."

Cant find much about him, in some other forums some of this fans say he has been in good form this season scoring 10 goals, but its hard to get his previous stats.

Last edited by Albion; January 30th, 2007 at 22:01.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2007, 19:29 Thread Starter
Legend

Dean Kiely

No.3 DEAN KIELY

West Brom have signed veteran goalkeeper Dean Kiely from Portsmouth on an 18-month contract

The former Republic Of Ireland international, who was once on schoolboy terms at The Hawthorns, has spent the last two months on loan at Luton and is eligible to make his debut in Wednesday's home Championship clash with Plymouth Argyle.

Manager Tony Mowbray has been keen to sign a new keeper - particularly with Russell Hoult currently suspended by the club following newspaper reports about his private life.

Mowbray said: "We're delighted to have Dean on board. He's enjoyed an illustrious career at the top level and brings genuine competition for places.

"His professionalism will only enhance the goalkeeping department."

Kiely, 36, joined the Baggies as a schoolboy in the early 1980s and spent two years with the club, progressing to the FA School of Excellence at Lilleshall in the process.

He was capped 13 times by England Schoolboys before moving on to Coventry in 1987.

Kiely had a spells at York and Bury before being snapped up by Charlton in 1999 for a then club-record fee for a goalkeeper of £1million.

He became a firm fans' favourite during his seven-year stay at The Valley and helped Alan Curbishley's side cement their place in the top flight.

Addicks supporters voted him their player of the year in 2004 before he moved on to Portsmouth for an undisclosed fee 12 months ago and played a key role in helping them avoid relegation from the Premiership.

Kiely was part of Mick McCarthy's squad for the 2002 World Cup in Japan and Korea but retired from international football the following year after winning eight caps.

I thinks its great addition, still very good keeper, by far better than current ones in the team.

Now if only Mowbray can bring Kevin Thomson

Last edited by Albion; January 30th, 2007 at 22:02.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2007, 15:24 Thread Starter
Legend

Defender makes Owls move

Sheffield Wednesday boss Brian Laws has swooped to sign West Brom defender Steve Watson on loan until the end of the season.
The 32-year old will go straight into the Owls' squad for Saturday's match at Burnley after falling out of favour with Baggies boss Tony Mowbray.

I dont get it why he wasnt sold during the january, there was intrest from Watford and some other teams.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 15:32 Thread Starter
Legend

Pascal Zuberbuhler joins Xamax, he has signed an 18 months deal.

This was expected... he wouldnt have a chance to play again.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2007, 17:26 Thread Starter
Legend

Sodje Joins WBA On Loan Deal

West Bromich Albion made a surprise capture of Reading`s Sam Sodje at the end of last week. Sodje has joined the Baggies on a month long loan deal.

Sodje was drafted in by WBA boss Tony Mowbray as cover after injury ended Curtis Davies`s season and the suspension of Martin Albrechtsen meant that West Brom were short at the back.

'Sam will bring both a real competitive edge and athleticism to the team,' commented Mowbray ahead of Sodje`s move to the Midlands based club, 'He's as big a presence in the opposition box as he is defending in his own penalty area because he attacks the ball exceptionally well.'

And since then Sodje has played his first competitive game in a Baggies shirt. Sodje started the local derby match against Birmingham on Sunday morning. The match was vital to both clubs who are chasing automatic promotion to the Premiership.

The game ended in a draw a 1-1 draw between the two sides but Mowbray was very impressed with Sodje`s performance:

"Sam did very well," he said "I can`t remember him putting a foot wrong."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in