Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Ipswich, Parma
***THE IPSWICH TOWN THREAD***

1978: FA Cup Winners
1981: UEFA Cup Winners
Numerous League titles and promotions

TRACTOR BOY POWER!!!

It's been a pretty surreal season so far, starting off with 3 defeats in a row, but since then, 4 wins out of 6 (the other 2 games ending in draws) and we find ourselves in 8th position, just 6 points off the top!

Jim has done wonders as a manager! brought in some wuality, especially in the midfield with the likes of noble, walton and legwinski... i wasn't a huge fan of him as a player but he has got our team recently playing like they did in the wonder-season when we finished 5th in the prem!!

Other players of note so far have been Harding at left back who we signed from Leeds (i believe he was swapped for Westlake? who we don't miss AT ALL!), Billy Clarke upfront who is yet another great striker to come up through the world-reknowned youth system here, Alex Bruce from Birmingham who has slotted in alongside De Vos (is it really any coincidence we started winning when he came into the back 4 and naylor was dropped!?!?) and also the never-ending workmanlike performances of the usual suspects of Lee, De Vos etc

I reckon i'll be pretty much the only one posting in here regularly but we are a great club with a GREAT history and i'm really hoping there are some other tractor boys out there!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 434 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2006, 16:04 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

good news for tomorrow's game at colchester: we have Walton and Legwinski fit once again after having recovered from groin injuries so we are nearly back to full strength (assuming these two are 100%).

also, there's news on Williams consistent groin troubles: he will have an opperation on it following the Col-U match that will side-line him for a month, BUT i think he is suspended for one game he'll be missing and Magilton is also using the 2 week international break to great effect so Gavin will probably only miss one or two games
post #3 of 434 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2006, 16:51
0-1, Huth.
International

I liked the way you turned things around after the first 3 games. I remember after you lost to us at the Walkers, fans werent too happy with the team, but alot have changed since it seems.

Colchester have proved to be a tough opposition, so a draw would probably be a fair prediction.

If Carlsberg did forum signatures......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!:
Nottingham Forest 2-5 Yeovil Town

May 2007

post #4 of 434 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2006, 10:16
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Yeah thought you'd be in trouble early on, but Magilton seems to be doing a good job now.

Bit of a local derby this one as well, Colchester see it that way anyway, should be interesting, I can see another draw, probably 1-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 434 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2006, 22:04 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Colchester 1-0 Ipswich

what a crap game! ColU dominated the first half, we dominated the second... their goal came early and was a rebound from a shot Lewis Price really should have held onto.... second half we had a perfectly fine goal disallowed (the goalie was never in control of the ball...) i guess the fact their goalie got MotM is a testament to our trying but we were very very poor... fair result would have been a draw
post #6 of 434 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2006, 10:05
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Only watched the 2nd half, goal definately should have stood, but Magilton seemed to think you deserved to lose, for the way you came out first half, like I say I didn't see it, but from what he said, you came out for a derby game where the home side we're so up for it, and strolled around...only one thing ever going to happen if you do that.

And yeah there keeper had a blinding 2nd half, he's about 38 as well I think.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 434 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2006, 10:11
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
I'm glad I didn't put that game into my multi-bet. I really thought Ipswich would win that game.

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"
post #8 of 434 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2006, 10:16
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

People we're too quick too right Colchester off, up too 9th now, obviously with todays results they will drop a few, but they are still going very well, Layer Road is a very hard place to go too...probably hardest of all for Ipswich.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 434 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2006, 22:59 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

it's okay, we'll absolutely roast them at home for sure!

new black third kit went on sale yesterday at 9am with 2000 up for grabs... all gone within 20 minutes apparently, luckily i bagged one sweeeeet
post #10 of 434 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2006, 10:49
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Home game against West Brom, think it will be a close game, so i'll predict a draw.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 434 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2006, 11:59 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Williams is still out after his hernia op but Noble has recovered which is good news. I would expect something like this:

Price

Sito - Bruce - De Vos - Harding

Currie - Noble - Walton - Legwinski

Macken - Lee

Bench: Supple, Wilnis, Naylor, Bowditch, Clarke

also, apparently, ipswich legend Tony Mowbray (who is taking over Brom on Wednesday) will be in the crowd... hopefully it'll give the Birmingham boys the jitters! COME ON YOU BLUE BOYS!!!
post #12 of 434 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2006, 17:18
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well the Baggies came good and gave you a bit of a thrashing.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 434 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2006, 19:55
0-1, Huth.
International

Ipswich 1-5 West Brom

At first, I thought the geezer mentioning the final scores had his numbers mixed up.

A real bad result for Ipswich. This what I call a good ol' b!tch slapping

If Carlsberg did forum signatures......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!:
Nottingham Forest 2-5 Yeovil Town

May 2007
post #14 of 434 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2006, 12:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

that was just a crazy crazy game.... it was just so weird!!

it should have been 0-0 at half time with their first goal going through both Lewis Price's hands and then their second never being a freekick in the first place. our goal also was a freak own goal so as i said it should have been 0-0 at half time.

after the break, with our 2 best midfielders already missing, we had to take off Noble as well so we were pretty much screwed and it was just a romp second half. Not sure what would have happened had it been 0-0 at half time though...

Walton is just not himself anymore, he's more concerned about Charlton (where he is on loan from) getting relegated than for us and he had a shocker by his usual very high standards yesterday. Also, Bruce looked lost at right-back, i don't know why Jim didn't go back to the successful Bruce- De Vos partnership at the back with Sito on the right...? And finally, no way was it a game where Billy Clarke should have started... He is clearly not ready for that yet, but is a fantastic super-sub!

It was just a shocker for Ipswich and a great game from Brom and when those two factors co-incide, you're gonna get a crappy result like this
post #15 of 434 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 13:45
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

double post.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 434 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 13:46
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Preston tonight, not really who you want to be playing after the weekend result, their looking very good again, and would expect them to win yet again tonight.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 434 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 22:04 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Okay... our inconsistency is getting ridiculous now!...

As for tonight, i have never seen a match thrown away quite like this ever... first half, we are absolutely all over Preston, could easily have been 5-0 had we scored half our chances! Especially the open-goal miss by Richards (arsehole) right before the halftime whistle! But we go into the half-time break 2-0 up none-the-less

Then second half, nothing much happening.... until all of the sudden, our goalie has two HOWLERS and Wilnis lays on the weakest back pass to the goalie you'll ever see, which was easy to latch onto...

So from dominating, we gave away three of the most pathetic goals ever!... then we came good again at the end but to no avail unfortunately and it finished 2-3.

New signing Gary Roberts look promising though with the ever magnificent Billy Clarke being magnificent.... but i just cannot take this up and down rollercoaster any longer!!... you wait, we'll go and win 6-0 at Southend now!

Last edited by Pietro; October 17th, 2006 at 22:41.
post #18 of 434 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 22:48
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

well surprised to see you dominating the game, even more surprised you threw it away.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 434 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2006, 14:20 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
well surprised to see you dominating the game, even more surprised you threw it away.
it really was ridiculous! their first shot on goal came after half time!... i saw the open-goal miss from Richards just before half time again on TV just now... that's what cost us imo, 3-0 at half time and game's over
post #20 of 434 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2006, 17:33
Star Player

Teams: Preston North End & Stade Rennais
Yah, we had nothing before half time. I'm so happy that we managed to bounce back from that.

I have no sig. If anybody would like to make me one, please inform me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in