Canaries Still Yet To Sign Anyone - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2006, 00:36 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Norwich City, Boca Juniors, Lyon, Feyenoord
Canaries Still Yet To Sign Anyone

Well i think this is gonna be another shite season for the Canaries after missing out on 2 striking targets. Steve Howard im pretty glad Norwich didnt pay for him a million i dont think he's worth it but at least Derby are showing ambition and Rob Hulse is joining Sheff Utd well its the Prem what can u say. Im going up to the Newcastle friendly on Wed but i aint really looking forward to it. It will be to hear other people talking about Norwich when there is money to spent and their opinions on the team. I still stand with Worthy out.

Kick It Off Throw It In
Have A Little Scrimmage
Keep It Low Spendid Rush
Bravo Win Or Die!
On The Ball City!
Never Mind The Danger
Steady On Nows Your Chance
Hurrah We've Scored
City! City! City!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2006, 10:42
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
I like too see a club standing by it's manager, it makes a change in todays game, but if you struggle badly again, which I think you might, then how long will he get???

Do you think Delia will still stick with him, afterall, if your not signing how well can you expect to do, when everyone else seems to be making some pretty good signings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2006, 09:41
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Stuart Pearce is waiting for Lee Croft to decide if he wants to leave Manchester City for Norwich City.

The Premiership club have accepted an offer from Norwich, believed to be in the region of £800,000, for Croft.

The 21-year-old has been holding talks regarding a move to Carrow Road, but has yet to decide on his future.

Birmingham City, Coventry City and Leeds United have also been linked with the winger, although only Norwich have met Pearce's valuation.

Pearce has left the matter in Croft's hands and is waiting for the promising youngster to settle on terms with The Canaries.

"There are one or two clubs who have been interested in Lee, but Norwich are the ones who have come up with a fee we find acceptable," said Pearce.

"Lee has spoken to Norwich and now we are just waiting to hear whether he is going to leave or not."

Meanwhile, Pearce was full of praise for Joey Barton after the midfielder celebrated signing his new contract with a hat-trick in the 3-0 friendly win over Port Vale.

Pearce added: "To score a hat-trick at any level, at any time, is a great achievement.

"You have to give Joey a lot of credit, he has bags of energy and got into the box on regular occasions.

"As I have said many times before, I see Joey as a major asset for this club. That is why we offered him a new contract when he still had 18 months of his existing one to run.

Well there's a bit of ambition for you...

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2006, 16:44 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Lee Croft is a player i like and im glad we have him but what i saw at the Newcastle of the rest of the side isnt too good. Safri and Etuhu were prob the best of the Norwich players. Im glad we still have Mckenzie and i hope Worthy gives McVeigh chances cause he is a classy little player. I think we aint gonna get the play-offs this season unless more players come in.

Kick It Off Throw It In
Have A Little Scrimmage
Keep It Low Spendid Rush
Bravo Win Or Die!
On The Ball City!
Never Mind The Danger
Hurrah We've Scored
City! City! City!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2006, 09:52
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah I've always thought McVeigh was good, and am always surprised he's always on the bench.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2006, 01:01 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Jimbo keep your side away from Adam Drury lol. I dont think Worthy will let him go.

Kick It Off Throw It In
Have A Little Scrimmage
Keep It Low Spendid Rush
Bravo Win Or Die!
On The Ball City!
Never Mind The Danger
Hurrah We've Scored
City! City! City!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2006, 10:16
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckerby6ncfc
Jimbo keep your side away from Adam Drury lol. I dont think Worthy will let him go.
Although we have money now, I don't think we've got enough to make Norwich they have too sell. So I wouldn't worry.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in