Whos going? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:13 Thread Starter
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: West Brom and Arsenal. Dallas Cowboys.
Whos going?

Ok we are down, the chairman and manager say we dont have to sell anyone.

But will the players want to play in the CCC getting less money?

Outs for me...

Kanu, is at end of contract, will be sort of sad to see him go, been worthwhile signing him I feel. He wont want to play in CCC.

Tomaz Cuszczak, a real class keeper, and if he want to stay in the Polish squad will have to move to a top flight side. I dont think there will be any shortage of potential suitors for his signature. 4m+

Paul Robinson, just cant see him leaving, makes too many mistakes in defence, but is a good tackler, so if a Prem team was desperate and offered us enough money, maybe we would sell. But cant see him leaving really. 2m+

Jonathan Greening, a very good left sided player holds the ball well and puts in good crosses, was touted for an England role. Has been one of our more consitent performers, would be sad to see him go, but I would imagine there would be several takers for his signature. 3m+

Zoltan Gera, top bloke last season, been injured most of this. I'm sure a lot of Prem clubs would want to sign him, but maybe detered by his injury all season. I would say he'll probably stay till Jan, if we aren't looking like geting promotion then we'd let him go, also will give time to other clubs to ensure he has recovered from his injury properly. Close season 5m+, Jan 5m+

Curtis Davies, a centre back that has all of the right attributes to be a International player. However he shows a fair few lapses in concentration and surrenders possession in dangerous places. Once those are erradicated from his game he'll be a top, top, player. Maybe too early in his career for a move to Man U or Arsenal. If he went would demand 10m+

Martin Albrechtsen, will want to go, but I hope he doesn't as I think hes a great right back. We would only sell for 2.5m+ (what we paid for him)

Junichi Inamoto, will want to leave no doubt, and I think Robson will let him go for peanuts. 500K+

Kevin Campbell will retire (or at least I hope he does!)
Ellington, no one is going to sign him at present.

Kozak and Martinez will not be signed and will return to their respective clubs.

We can but hope that someone comes in for Darren Carter, but I very much doubt it.

Kamara, unless we play him as a winger then he can go, will probably want to go, unsure if he'll be bid for.

Others on loan ...

Jason Koumas, currently on loan at Cardiff, he wants to go, and we want to sell, but Cardiff wont pay £3m. So unless someone else wants him, he could be stuck here, unless a new manager comes in and Robbo goes, then he may get back into the squad.

Richard Chaplow, currently at Southampton, but I'd love to see him back, looked very good when I have seen him. Should be good for us in the CCC.

That leaves us wanting at least 2 strikers and probably a wide midfielder.

I expect our first game next season to be shaping up like this...
Code:
            Ellington  ????
Kamara Quashie Wallwork Chaplow
Robinson Clement Davies Albrechtsen
            ????
Sold/gone TK, Gera, Greening, Kanu, Campbell, Inamoto, Koumas

subs
Watson, "striker", Carter, "winger", Hoult, Gaardsoe

Fantasy Football? try www.freekick.org

Freddie Mia

Thomas Fortune Odemwingie
Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
Ridgewell Olson McAuley Reid
----------Foster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2006, 12:22
Rising Star

God I feel sad for you just reading that the pain must have been unbearable in writing that lot.

That could have been us!! PFC.

i ploughed the land with horses, my heart was ill at ease, for the old sea faring men, came to me now and then, with their sagas of the seas.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2006, 15:52
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
I would add to 'leaving' list also Nigel Quashie, I mean he joined WB to play in Premierleague

So overall I think:
Koumas, Gera, Quashie, Albrechtsen, Davies, Greening, Inamoto, Kanu, Campbell, Kamara will leave

Back from loan: Chaplow and Horsfield

new formation

------------------HOULT-----------------------
--WATSON--CLEMENT--GAARDSOE--ROBINSON--
----------------WALLWORK---------------------
-----CHAPLOW---JOHNSON---CARTER-----------
---------ELLINGTON---HORSFILD-----------------

Subs: Nicholson (deserves to be at least 4th striker), Hodgkiss (definitly 2nd RB), and others from youth: Smikle, Elvins

This is assuming there wont be no incoming transfers.
Ideal would be at least 2 new midfielders and a striker, and this team would be good enough to sent WB back to premierleague.

My personal wish:
- Marlon King (Watford)
- Carlos Edwards (Luton)

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2006, 23:47
Welcome To Jamrock
World Class Player

Teams: West Ham
It would be sad to see Tomaz Cuszczak go but you could try getting some keepers on loan till the end of the season, Scott Carson from Liverpool springs to mind..

West Ham might be generous and can offer you players on loan like Shaun Newton, Carl Fletcher and maybe even Mark Noble (Can't go wrong here). These players need some playing time and I think Mark Noble would be a great loan signing for you guys he played one game at Spurs this season and got MoM.

For a striker please for the love of god don't go for the Jamiacan NT's or Nigerain NT's like Ade Akinbiyi or Sidibe, they are useless . Robbie Blake is a good Championship player (I think he plays for Leeds?) so you could go for him.. Jason Euell from Charlton also springs into mind, he only made 8 or so appearances for Charlton this season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousTurk
This website is an absolute joke. The only explanation in you giving Bilica a higher rating then Lugano is that you're border line retarded. Every single chance Diyarbakir had was due to a Bilica error. What a waste of webspace this is, Bilica has been absolute garbage since he's arrived and this was probably his single worst performance. You're a true idiot.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2006, 13:28
International

Teams: Blackburn Rovers
Well the 2 players I would fancy at Blackburn are Gera (an obvious one) and also Davies the centre back, provided the price is reasonable.

THOSE WHO FORGET THE PAST HAVE NO FUTURE

Champions of England, 1994/95
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2006, 17:20
Rising Star

I dont think Kuszczak will want to leave, he knows that he has yet a lot to learn and WBA can give him chance to do this.

Last edited by SleepyM; May 4th, 2006 at 17:38.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2006, 13:10
Rookie

Can you tell me what is the situation with Junichi Inamoto? Is he on the way out for sure? Where is he gonna 2 play?

thanx

samkal77
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2006, 07:53
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by samkal77
Can you tell me what is the situation with Junichi Inamoto? Is he on the way out for sure? Where is he gonna 2 play?

thanx

samkal77

As I know he demanded a place in the first team for the next season in order to stay, otherwise he might consider other offers. It will be decided after WC I guess.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2006, 19:08
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifo AC
As I know he demanded a place in the first team for the next season in order to stay, otherwise he might consider other offers. It will be decided after WC I guess.
ThanX

Is there any publications about his moving to Gaydemak's team? Not Sasha but his father, Arcadi, the owner of the Israeli team, Beitar - Jerusalem.
Osvaldo Ardiles will lead Beitar next season and there's rumor that Inamoto gonna join that club.

I like Inamoto and don't wany him to leave WB.

samkal77
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2006, 10:57 Thread Starter
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: West Brom and Arsenal. Dallas Cowboys.
Ossie Ardiles

Ah that takes me back to the wonderful season he managed us.

Fantasy Football? try www.freekick.org

Freddie Mia

Thomas Fortune Odemwingie
Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
Ridgewell Olson McAuley Reid
----------Foster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in