EPL 2006/04/17 West Brom v Bolton - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2006, 17:36 Thread Starter
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: West Brom and Arsenal. Dallas Cowboys.
EPL 2006/04/17 West Brom v Bolton

Live on Sky at 8pm tomorrow.

I really dont think it matters what we do in this game as I think we're already down, 4 games to go and Pompey will get more points from those games than us.

But we must keep trying till the end.
Its certainly possible we can get maximum points from this game, especially at home.

2-1 Baggies

Fantasy Football? try www.freekick.org

Freddie Mia

Thomas Fortune Odemwingie
Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
Ridgewell Olson McAuley Reid
----------Foster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2006, 20:23
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
20' minute, 0:0

WestBrom isnt playing like a team who despretly needs to win. Bolton controls the ball, and WB didnt organize any good attack yet. Its only Campbell in front, followed by Kamara
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2006, 04:44
World Class Player

Teams: Torino
0-0 is the final score. Disappointing, as we couldn't take advantage of Pompey's loss to the fullest extent. We are now level on points with Birmingham (though they have a game in hand) and three behind, who have played the same amount of games as we have. I watched bits of the game on TV, and apart from the end of the first half, it didn't look as though we wanted it. Keep the faith.

FORZA VECCHIO CUORE GRANATA!

NWO BABY

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2006, 10:11
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
I dont know really, the attack didnt work that good, it didnt work good many times this season

It was a must win match, and Robson starts with Campell in attack who didnt show nothing - again !
Im sure Kanu is better for this strategy (cross balls), he's taller and more dangerous in air, but its funny that Robson started Kanu many times in defensive lineups when WB was playing with counterattacks ? isnt that strange
If WB goes down a new manager should come, bcz only good thing that Robson did this season was the signin of Curtis Davies and I feel sorry that WB will have to lose most of these players bcz I doubt they want to play in Championship.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2006, 13:28 Thread Starter
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: West Brom and Arsenal. Dallas Cowboys.
I think he played Campbell up front as Bolton are a physical side and Kanu isn't suited to that sort of game. But he had to pull Kamara back into the midfield to make a 5 as we were gettign overrun in midfield. He pulled Greening inside and dropped Kamara to a wide left position, and we looked the better team.

But really with Ellington out injured, it left us with KAnu Cambell and Nicholson as our only fit strikers. So I can see why he went with Campbell. Even though hes pretty useless and we may have well have stuck Kozak upfront with Inamoto rather than have Campbell there.

Gera was unlucky not to score with that header, but apart from that our chances were limited. Kamara showed once again why he is a winger and only a winger, under NO circumstances can he be called a forward.

I think some of the players will stay, but I think Gera may go alas, a real shame but cest la vie.

I would have liked to see us more adventurous in this game, by playing something like

-------------- Kanu ---
--------------- Gera ----
Greening - Inamoto - Quashie - Kamara

Giving Kamara licence to get forward.

I think we'd stand a LOT more chance of actually scoring a goal than playing 4-5-1 with Campbell.

Fantasy Football? try www.freekick.org

Freddie Mia

Thomas Fortune Odemwingie
Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
Ridgewell Olson McAuley Reid
----------Foster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in