EPL 27/03/2006 Tottenham v West Brom - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2006, 12:50 Thread Starter
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: West Brom and Arsenal. Dallas Cowboys.
EPL 27/03/2006 Tottenham v West Brom

Its next Monday, 8pm Ko.

Live on Sky Sports 1

Quashie will be suspended still.
Kamara is looking doubtful as he pulled his hamstring on Saturday.
Gera is still not fit enough.

Please dont play 4-5-1 again Robson, we always go behind using it and then we dont have enough time to get something from the game when we revert back to 4-4-2.

Kanu and Ellington look so much more an attacking prospect than Kev Campbell all alone upfront.

Spurs themselves have not been firing on all cylinders recently, so we should pressure them. Kozak alas had a poor game on Saturday. and probably should've been the player to make way for the extra striker. But with Kamara out its a real blow for us without his pace on the wing.

Kanu Ellington
Greening - Wallwork - Kozak - Inamoto
Robinson - Watson - Davies - Albrechtsen
TK

Lets make it our first double of the season on Monday

Fantasy Football? try www.freekick.org

Freddie Mia

Thomas Fortune Odemwingie
Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
Ridgewell Olson McAuley Reid
----------Foster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2006, 16:48
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Robson will probably start Campbell again, I wouldnt care as long as there is another striker with him but he doesnt fit good in 4-5-1 formation
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2006, 14:58
International

Teams: Arsenal
All gooners will be backing the Baggies, but I can only see 3 points for the boys from White Hart Lane.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2006, 08:14
Rising Star

Teams: SLOVAN
Kozak

well guys, what do you think about Jan Kozak now, after a few matches? is he in?
I can´t wacht your matches, so I´m curios.

SLOVAN4EVER www.skslovan.com
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2006, 21:55 Thread Starter
Legend

Jan tends to come in and out of games sometimes.

But I'm not sure what his best position is. What would you say?

But from what I've seen of him he looks a decent player, it will be interesting to see what hes like next season if he stays, once hes had a full pre-season to get used to the way we play and the speed of the Prem.

Freddie Mia

Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
----------Foster
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2006, 22:12
Legend

I thinks he's best when he plays after strikers. I know its to early to talk about him but many expected Robson found 'new Gera'.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2006, 13:15
Legend

Albion Team News

Goalkeeper:

Tomasz Kuszczak will continue as first choice as Chris Kirkland broke his finger last week and returned to Liverpool. Russell Hoult will be on the bench.

Central Defence:

Curtis Davies may take a break after a dip in form. Williams Martinez or Neil Clement could start with Steve Watson continuing in the central defence after some quality displays.

Wing-backs/Full-backs:

Paul Robinson will start on the left and Martin Albrechtsen should play on the right.

Midfield:

It depends on whether Bryan Robson goes for a 4-4-2 or continues with the 4-5-1 approach. The latter is the most likely if Diomansy Kamara is fit, which is doubtful. If he isn't 2 up front may be the order of the day. Ronnie Wallwork, Junichi Inamoto and Jan Kozak all have shouts for the central positions with Jonathan Greening a definite out wide. Diomansy Kamara will start if fit. Zoltan Gera won't be fit enough to start but could get a place on the bench. Darren Carter also has a chance of being involved. Nigel Quashie is of course still suspended.

Strikers:

Kanu, Kevin Campbell and Nathan Ellington are the options up front and either one or two of them will start.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2006, 13:26 Thread Starter
Legend

I would think the team tonight will be 4-4-2 and we'll see

Kanu - Ellington
Greening - Wallwork - Kozak - Inamoto
Robinson - Davies - Watson - Albrechtsen
Kuszczak

Gera will be on the bench and will on to replace either Inamoto or Kozak, depending on who is not playing well. There is a chance that Robson will opt for Carter instead of Kozak, but lets hope not!

I dont think Watson would be moved to CM and Martinez play as CB, as he(Robson) wont want to disrupt the defence.

Freddie Mia

Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
----------Foster
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2006, 13:35
Legend

I thought Martinez is a quailty player In reports it even mentioned he is dangerous from freekicks and is a good tackler. So far he's been poor, if he cant be better, than he should leave at the end of the season, no better than Gaardsoe or Moore that left, at least BigDave worked hard

Martinez - a bust
Quashie - suspension
Kozak - not in his best

im affraid these january transfers havent helped so far
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2006, 21:04
Legend

FT

Totenham - WestBrom 2:1 (0:1)

Curtis Davies jumped to score a header after Greening's freekick. Since than WB had an open match, after the goal team started to close and defend and around 37' minute ball possesion was like 20 %
Durin this time the Pole made 2 good saves.
Was suprised to see AJ starting, and he wasnt even in the middle, strange position just in fron of central defenders, also Kozak was in the right wing and barely touched the ball. Durin this time only Greening was good, and Albrechtsen showed some good energy.

In second half, Ina goes in for Kozak who a must say should not play anymore, not this season, its just to risky to play him now considerin how important are the upcoming matches. Ina showed some energy as usual, even thought he made like 3 awful shots.
Gera came late to replace Ellington, and just a minute later the Pole makes this terrible mistake to give away a penalty

Im not saying WB played good, but just deserved a point because the guys played hard tonight

Wallwork deserved to be mentioned, one of the best tonight, to bad he cant play like this every match
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2006, 23:34
Rising Star

Oh my God that was so ugly from Kuszczak, unbelievable :frownani:. I had very high hopes with him and now this, thats so painful. WBA deserved sth from this game.

Its his first serious mistake, hope he can learn from it and you wont be very harsh for him.

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2006, 07:22
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyM
Oh my God that was so ugly from Kuszczak, unbelievable :frownani:. I had very high hopes with him and now this, thats so painful. WBA deserved sth from this game.

Its his first serious mistake, hope he can learn from it and you wont be very harsh for him.

Its one mistake afterall, shouldnt change things, he will still be 1st choise, he saved the team many times this season.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2006, 08:29 Thread Starter
Legend

Yes and he pulled off two very good saves last night as well. Its just a shame that he mistake cost us 1 point.

I thought we played very well last night, at times we had majority possesion and Tottenham were chasing their tails. We passed very well and played some lovely intricate moves.

Kanu, held the ball up well and hardly ever gives the ball away cheap.
Ellington, pacy and quick onto balls, showed some nice touches, misses Kamara being in the side with his pace to support his movement.

Kozak, out of the game and really didn't do a lot.
Wallwork, closed down the opposition and made some great tackles and generally had a very good game
Johnson, a surprise no doubt when reading the teamsheets, but played pretty well with a lot of energy, surprising for a player who has been limited in his footy this season. Well done AJ.
Greening, looked very tricky and created a lot of chances, was really the only one putting in crosses. How we mis him and Gera doing it on both wings.

Robinson, looked comfortable on the ball and only had Lennon sussed in the first half, Spurs saw this and switched him to the other side where he gave Albrechtsen a difficult time.
Davies, looks very good, covers well, but was lapse with the marking letting Keane get goalside of him for their first goal.
Watson, may not be the fastest but he has great positioning and made some greta blocks last night, and was unlucky that his volley was blocked.
Albrechtsen, very quick and attacks well, tries to dribble the ball round players too often and gives the ball away as a result, being a right back thats a no-no. Had real trouble reining in Lennon.

Kuszczak, made some fine saves, and only let himself down with the howler of a miscontrol for the pen.

Gera, even though he was only on for about 5 mins, he still looked a class act, oh how we miss him.
Campbell, brought on with 10 to go to shore up the attack.
Inamoto, twice when in good space shot instead of passing the ball to Ellington, shows nice skill, but gives the ball away from making bad decisions, I can see why Kozak plays ahead of him.

More of the same agianst Liverpool please

Freddie Mia

Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
----------Foster
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2006, 09:16
Legend

Just need to convert this good games into points !
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2006, 11:49
Rising Star

I'm a Pompey fan so would naturally delight in the keepers error, has anyone got some footage of the hapless goalies fatal faux pas? I would like to rejoice in this misfortune time after time.

i ploughed the land with horses, my heart was ill at ease, for the old sea faring men, came to me now and then, with their sagas of the seas.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2006, 12:52
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Thought you was going to do it last night, got a Spurs fan at work, hate it when they win and he's around, big mouthed c'unt, typical Spurs fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2006, 13:00
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds

could we the first side ever who'll get into the CL after playing only one good game all season (against Charlton at home)? def seems so
UEFA cup I'd still be happy with too

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2006, 13:03
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Arsenal of course
[QUOTE=WallyUEFA cup I'd still be happy with too[/QUOTE]

back to reality.

seriously the UEFA Cup is about your mark, it would be a waste having another team get knocked out in the qualifying round.

you owe it to the English co-efficient to lose a few games in the coming weeks.

Di Stefano - the South American Wilshere!
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2006, 13:04 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonic Vincent
I'm a Pompey fan so would naturally delight in the keepers error, has anyone got some footage of the hapless goalies fatal faux pas? I would like to rejoice in this misfortune time after time.

I imagine Bentex could find it for you.

Freddie Mia

Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
----------Foster
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2006, 14:02
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonic Vincent

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.p...Wonder_Save.zip

enjoy it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in