I see Lita scored again! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2006, 21:57 Thread Starter
Rookie

I see Lita scored again!

I see Lita scored again! That's 4 goals in 3 for him and 7 for the year as yet. Had he not been injured for about 3 months and kept scoring at this rate, he would have scored about another 10, and have 24 goals at this stage. Bristol City should be ashamed for selling him for just £1m. He is still only 20 and on his one appearance for England U21s, he scored.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2006, 22:33
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Is 1 million the whole deal? Or is there add ons, with a player with his talent if they haven't got lots of add on clauses worth lots of money, Bristol City have dropped a bollock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2006, 22:39
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
Is 1 million the whole deal? Or is there add ons, with a player with his talent if they haven't got lots of add on clauses worth lots of money, Bristol City have dropped a bollock.
Think it was 1m straight up, anyway he wanted to move up a level and if Leroy forced Bristol's hand then they had no choice.

Anyway they signed Brooker who was profilic for them, looking at it now i am sure Leroy would be glad as they are looking destined for League Two

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2006, 22:44 Thread Starter
Rookie

I am a City fan and it is interesting you should say that as I worked out the number of points Litas goals gained us and if it wasn't for him we would have finished 16th (we finished 7th). His departure and our plummet to this position is surely no coincidence. Also, I think there is a 20% sell on clause, and another sell on clause for when he kleaves his next club after he leaves Reading (if he leaves Reading).
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2006, 22:45
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
They still should have got some clauses in for if he was a big success...still 1 million is hardly peanuts, especially with how tight money is now at clubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2006, 23:21 Thread Starter
Rookie

It is! I mean, last year he was the difference between a tilt on the playoffs and a relegation scrap.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2006, 23:23
International

Well you have to respect the player, he wanted to move up a level and it wasn't looking like it was going to happen at Bristol City especially as they always fell at the last hurdle.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2006, 23:26 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yes, and I wish his all the best for the future. And, may I wish Reading all the best for their impending title win and they will have a fine year next year, like West Ham, and Wigan if they sterengthen in defence. Also, you got Golbourne for about £120,000 I would guess. Not bad work, 2 England Junior Internationals for just £1.12m, while wqe gwt crappy Bas Savage in return later down the line. :frustrat:
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2006, 23:36
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunes=genius
Yes, and I wish his all the best for the future. And, may I wish Reading all the best for their impending title win and they will have a fine year next year, like West Ham, and Wigan if they sterengthen in defence. Also, you got Golbourne for about £120,000 I would guess. Not bad work, 2 England Junior Internationals for just £1.12m, while wqe gwt crappy Bas Savage in return later down the line. :frustrat:
Well I know how frustrating it must has been for Bristol City and their fans but looking at it, had Danny Wilson been kept who knows what could have happen. I understand that he failed at the last hurdle but since his sacking the club has gone backwards extremely quickly, I know that Tinnion was a quality players for you but I think that a more experienced manager was needed and hopefully in Gary Johnson you have someone who take you far in the long run.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2006, 00:44 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interista
Well I know how frustrating it must has been for Bristol City and their fans but looking at it, had Danny Wilson been kept who knows what could have happen. I understand that he failed at the last hurdle but since his sacking the club has gone backwards extremely quickly, I know that Tinnion was a quality players for you but I think that a more experienced manager was needed and hopefully in Gary Johnson you have someone who take you far in the long run.
Yes, hopefulkly. Tinnion was a megolomaniac and destroyed the team that Wilson put together, (Coles, Doherty, Bell, etc).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in