Norwich City v Southampton match thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2004, 22:59 Thread Starter
Star Player

Norwich City v Southampton match thread

Greeno' is currently touch and go with the injury he picked up at the weekend.

Worthy could change the line-up yet again, as I think Bentley is pushing for a recall to the starting XI.
Also maybe Mulryne too after coming off the bench at Charlton, he would add more creativity in the middle of the park imo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2004, 00:02
Rookie

Green is out defintely i would say

no Gallacher in squad due to ankle injury as well

hopefully the team plays well not the eaze of style games we gone into the pass few games

anyway my team on saturday would be..

GK) Ward

DL) Drury
DC) Charlton
DC) Shackell
DR) Edworthy

ML) Huckerby
MC) Francis
MC) Mulryne
MR) Bentley

ST) Svensson
ST) McKenzie
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2004, 23:05 Thread Starter
Star Player

Hello & welcome to XT!!!

yay another NCFC fan at last!

OTBC!!!

Anyways, yeah I'd go with most if your team but why Shackell instead of Fleming??!!!
& I'd maybe go Holt instead of Francis, but as Holt was subbed at Charlton it is more likely Worthy will go with a Francis-Mulryne partnership in the middle (a more attacking and positive partnership imo)
I agree that Bentley and Mulryne both have to start this one
I hope Worthy thinks along the same lines as us!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2004, 00:27
Rookie

cheers

shackell for Flemmo just purely because so'tons pace upfront (Blackstock/Beattie)

we seen this season few cases of flemings slow pace ..Shackell i think can do a great job if used more ..cant see Worthy take Fleming off though
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2004, 23:44 Thread Starter
Star Player

Norwich City 2 - 1 Southampton

Francis(28 & 52 mins)---Beattie(24 mins)

at last!!!!!!!!

nice one Damo' Francis! :thmbup:

I had to make do with listening to the full game on local Radio (Saints commentators ) while I was at Bournemouth v Chesterfield.

Sounded like a decent game of football and even the Saints commentators were giving us credit!

I was shocked as they desribed Beattie's goal :eekani: imo it was totally undeserved but the story of our season

Thankfully we managed to come back as we have on many occasions, but yesterday it was in double quick time!

I feared that the 2nd goal came too early in the 2nd-half, and that we would have a situation like the Blackburn Rovers game, but I should have more faith! :smileani:

Norwich:
Green, Edworthy, Fleming, Charlton, Drury, Bentley, Mulryne, Francis, Huckerby, McKenzie, Svensson.
Subs Not Used: Jonson, Safri, Ward, Helveg, Doherty.

Booked: Bentley.

Southampton:
Keller, Dodd (Crouch 83), Lundekvam, Kenton, Le Saux, Fernandes, Delap, Telfer (Nilsson 72), Anders Svensson, Beattie, Blackstock (Phillips 60).
Subs Not Used: Jakobsson, Blayney.

Booked: Kenton.

Att: 23,706.

Ref: M Riley (W Yorkshire).

Its very important that we now build on this with games @ Birmingham City then home to Fulham coming up next ......
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2004, 00:36
Rookie

confidence is now very high hopefully we pull a nice winning run together we just cant be bottom @ Xmas ..just need to play 1 of our bogey teams ...which is gunna be a very tough game and our away record aint the greatest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in