Xtratime Community banner

Vasilis Lakis

945 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  CHIVAS 
#1 · (Edited)
Palace have signed 28 year old Greek international midfielder Vasilis Lakis on a 1 year deal. Anyone know anything about him?

From official CPFC site.
PALACE SIGN GREEK INTERNATIONAL

Vasilis LakisCrystal Palace Football Club have signed 28-year-old Greek international midfielder Vasilis Lakis on a one-year deal.

"We are delighted to sign a player of Vasilis' quality," said Palace boss Iain Dowie.

"Subject to international clearance he will go straight into the squad for Monday night's game against Fulham."

Lakis was a member of the Greek squad that triumphed at Euro 2004, making two substitute appearances in the tournament. In total Lakis has played 32 times for his country scoring three goals.

The 28-year-old started his career as a defender before switching to right midfield where his pace can be used to run at fullbacks. Lakis started his career at FAS Naoussa before a move to Paniliakos FC midway through 1995/96. In 1998 Lakis moved to AEK Athens and he was an ever present in the teams 2002/03 Champions League campaign.

Vasilis LakisLakis scored 37 league goals in 149 games for AEK before clinching his move to Palace on Wednesday evening.

See less See more
#6 ·
well i m not good in this kind of analysies....
call me back when you get manu... :tongue:

there are guys in the greek forum that can fil a page about him so if they found this thread you ll get your answers....

now just a personal opinion i dont think you could get a better greek player.i consider him one of the best.if you put out yourgas who is maybe in his own class lakis is maybe in the next 5 best players in greece.

his big disadvantage is that he loses easily goals...thats why some ppl call him hasogoLAKIS :howler: (haso comes from lose)
ohh and now that i think of it more he s a very good choice since i suppose your team is playing a lot with counterattacs so he s fast and he s good at that.He will make you pop up from your chair a lot of time....unfortunatelly after some sec you will sit again wondering how did he lose that :eekani: :howler: :pp

#7 ·
I don't rate him much. He is fast, hard-working and particularly good at breaking through in the counter-attack, but his crosses are mediocre and his finishing is horrible. He has a knack for missing one-on-ones... But he can help a team that plays defencively and wants to make quick attacks as he carries the ball well and unlike many players of his kind he "sees" the pitch instead of putting his head down and running like a chicken.

At AEK he played as a right winger or even a right forward, but his real position is right back as he is quite good at defending. But he hasn't played in defence for years.

Anyway, for Crystal Palace he's a very good signing.

#8 ·
Amo pretty much got it spot on

hes pretty much a faster more defensive stelios whos known to misses easy goals

with him and kolkka its quite possible cp will now have the fastest winger tandem in the league

#10 ·
bati9 said:
now just a personal opinion i dont think you could get a better greek player.i consider him one of the best.if you put out yourgas who is maybe in his own class lakis is maybe in the next 5 best players in greece.
I wouldent rate lakis one of the 5 best players in greece. If it was top 15-20 then he would be on the list but top 5-10 no way:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.