Teams: Arsenal
Nice own goal

man thats a class finish shame twas in the wrong net

I have no map to find my way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2004, 14:41
International

He could easily win goal of the month if only he could change his shirt colour.

Last edited by A.Johnson; September 14th, 2004 at 17:00.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2004, 16:19
Star Player

...and your goalkeeper needs to gain some height somehow.

Soon Come-Kachifo
washingtone17
-----------------------------------------------------
El infierno es vacío; todos los diablos están aquí.

Interview met George Boateng :

Wat is uw favoriet boek? De Bijbel
Wat is uw favoriet televisieprogramma? Wanhopige Huisvrouwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Albert) Chinua(lumogu) Achebe
People say there are no wrong questions, only wrong answers; that is wrong [(!)]

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2004, 17:00
Premier Player

Teams: Crystal Palace, Sampdoria
Pompey 3_1 Palace

HT 1-1

C Palace: Speroni ,Boyce ,Hudson ,Popovic ,Granville ,Routledge (Derry ,86 ) ,Riihilahti (Hughes ,86 ) ,Hall ,Kolkka (Ventola ,70 ) ,Johnson ,Torghelle
Subs not used Kiraly,Powell,

Bookings: Derry ,Hall .
Goal. Granville

Attendance: 20019

Another game where the points were lost through a combination of crass defending and bad luck

Palace made a disasterous start, ex Palace man Fuller scored after 3 mins The defence was all over the place for the first 20 mins. Pompey lost their captain and centre half De Zeuw to injury, this forced saggy Harry to reshuffle and allowed Palace back into the game.
Granville hit the angle of post and bar with a great free kick and then equalised with a good header from a Routledge corner. HT 1-1.

The second half started as the first , with Pompey scoring in the first 3 minutes Berger chased his own header and let fly with a thunderbolt shot that Speroni could have saved but didn't
Again we fought back into the game, AJ had a goal ruled out for offside before we won a penalty when Torghelle was brought down by Primus. AJ decided to blast the kick but the goalie guessed right and parried the shot.
With 20 minutes left Dowie brought on Nicola Ventola for Kolkka and moved AJ to the left. This move managed to destroy any balance that we had and that was virtually game over. Just to add insult to injury , Tony Popovic managed to add to his o.g. at 'Boro with a freakish back healed effort from a Steve Stone cross

I watched on TV btw
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2004, 23:16
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
Wow, what a game. It was part nightmare, part incredible watching it.

The first half, was really good apart from a disastrous first ten minutes. It's the best I have seen from Palace this season. Of course, the start of the second half ruined it all. From then on out, everything went out. Speroni basically punched the ball into the net, and if I'm not wrong, it would have actually hit the bar if he hadn't touched it. Despite the troublesome start to the half, the players didn't give up. Palace came back, and got a well deserved penalty. AJ sent it poorly straight at the keeper, and it was an easy save. Popovic' own goal was something else, doubt we will ever see one like that. By then, my smile was gone though. No one cheers for an own goal, not even the spectacular ones. Kolkka was better than in previous matches this season, and I don't blame AJ and Popovic' for their mistakes. Stuff like that happens. Speroni needs to shape up though. A keeper is not supposed to make mistakes like that.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2004, 06:22
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Ventola makes Palace debut

Nicola Ventola made his Premiership debut on Saturday, coming on as a sub in the 70th minute. However, for all his efforts, the on loan Inter star could not help Crystal Palace avoid a 3-1 defeat to Portsmouth.

channel4

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2004, 02:57
Rising Star

buy some colombian defenders people

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in