Palace vs Everton - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2004, 09:46 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
Palace vs Everton

Big game today. The first home game in the Premiership this season, and we're meeting one of the teams that have been predicted to struggle. Their best player Wayne Rooney is also out with an injury at the moment, which should weaken them. Everton also only won one away match last season, against Portsmouth on December 13th, and have not won in their last seven Premiership games. They should in no way be underestimated though, they are a massive club, with a long and proud history. History doesn't give them any points alone though, and this looks like one of the weakest Everton teams in a long time.

I'm not sure what the changes will be to last week's team, but I expect us to play with a similar team.

Unfortunately I won't be able to see the game, only the highlights. However, I will be watching the Palace vs Chelsea game live on wednesday, and next saturday, the Middlesbrough vs Palace game will be shown in delay after the live matches.

Good luck to Palace and all the fans today, hopefully this will be our first win this season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2004, 13:04
Premier Player

Teams: Crystal Palace, Sampdoria
No definate team news,although Torghelle has got to be doubtful after picking up that ankle injury vs Scotland :rollani: Hughes is also a doubt with a hamstring tweek.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2004, 15:15 Thread Starter
Legend

Starting eleven:

Speroni , Boyce , Hudson , Popovic , Granville , Routledge , Riihilahti , Hall , Kolkka , Johnson , Freedman

Subs: Derry , Hughes , Borrowdale , Kaviedes , Kiraly

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2004, 16:58 Thread Starter
Legend

Too bad, 1-3 loss today. Like I said before I didn't have a chance to watch the match, so it's difficult to give any clever thoughts about what happened. At least Kaviedes got to come in as a substitute today, which is hopefully the start of something good.

Now I'm just looking forward to see Palace meet Chelsea on wednesday, a match where we really have got nothing to lose, and everything to win. Chelsea hasn't been impressive in their first two matches, although they still have six points. If they keep playing like this though, they are bound to lose some points soon.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2004, 18:54
Premier Player

Harsh Reality

Palace started very well and were causing Everton all sorts of problems with AJ's pace and Wayne's dancing feet.
Wayne skinned Naysmith and put in a good cross for Hudson to score the Palace goal, AJ could have made it two ,but Nigel Martyn did well to force him wide and Stubbs cleared the shot off of the line.
Everton probably couldn't believe their luck when Speroni messed around with a nothing ball and gave away a needless penalty( ridiculous play by the keeper, believe me:embarass: ) Speroni went the right way but Gravesen's kick was too good

HT1-1

Everton tightened up a bit in the 2nd half and were really driven on by Gravesen who started to boss the midfield. He scored Everton's 2nd when the defence kept backing off allowing him to curl a good shot into the far corner of the net. Naysmith was sent off for a 2nd yellow after he pulled back Wayne on the edge of the Palace box,Dowie responded by bringing on Derry and Kaviedes, the new guy played a great ball to get AJ in on goal only for the defender to clip his heels as he was about to shoot .NO PENALTY
Everton went straight up the other end and got a third, Bent may have been offside but that was virtually game over.

I'm going to watch the highlight's later to see how big a tit that Ref was
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2004, 01:09
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleMart
Everton probably couldn't believe their luck when Speroni messed around with a nothing ball and gave away a needless penalty( ridiculous play by the keeper, believe me:embarass:

he looks useless, u should play Király :thmbup:
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2004, 09:01
Premier Player

On yesterday's showing I would agree with you
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2004, 18:17
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2004, 19:47
Star Player

Teams: Chelsea and I love you - Champions
PS Orange the game vs Chelsea is on tuesday, so don't miss it

"Suck me beautifal"

- STIFMEISTER
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2004, 19:56 Thread Starter
Legend

OK, I got scared there for a second, because Canal Plus Sport has it listed on wednesday, and obviously it turns out that is only a replay. However, Canal + (the main channel) is showing it live on tuesday, so I won't miss it.

I saw the highlights from the game today, and that was one amazingly big blooper from Speroni, but the last two goals weren't his to take. The shot by Gravesen on the second goal was bound to end up in the back of the net. Kiraly might be very good, but I trust Dowie to make the right decision on who to choose. Kiraly will get his chance though, I'm sure of that. The nicest part of the highlights was the great work by Routledge before Palace's goal, that guy is going to be a serious factor in the Premiership in the coming years. If we go down, I don't think we will be able to keep him in the club, but of course, we are not going down.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old August 23rd, 2004, 14:29
International

I really thought we would win that game, especially since Everton got walloped by Arsenal. The BBC didn't give justice to our first half performance. We will beat Chelsea, I can feel it, it's part of Dowie's story. .
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old August 23rd, 2004, 14:51 Thread Starter
Legend

I forgot to thank you EagleMart for a very informative and sharp match review.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in