Norwich vs Palace - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2004, 07:27 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Crystal Palace, Sampdoria
Norwich vs Palace

Live com here

Difficult to predict what defensive line up Dowie will choose. Emerson Boyce will come in at right back in place of injured Butterfield.

I'll take a guess at this selection:
---------------------------Speroni
Boyce----------Hudson------------Popovic-----------Granville

Routledge------Derry---------Hughes---------Kolkka

-------------------Johnson----Torghelle

subs:Kiraly, Hall, Freedman Black, Riihilahti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2004, 11:04
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
The butterflies have kicked into high gear now, only a few hours left. This season, I will try to learn a lot more about all the Palace players, because finally I will be able to see them regularly again. I know most of them really well already, but not as well as I would like to. For Palace I most of all want the club to do good, and for the team to survive in the Premier League, anything else would just be a bonus.

Hopefully Johnson will fulfill the dreams of all Palace fans, and score a few goals today. Up the Palace!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2004, 12:40
International

Is anyone going?

I think this is a match we can easily win. We took Norwich to the death in our match last season and there team hasn't added a great deal of quality.

Team fo Norwich

----------------------Speroni------------------------

Butterfield----Popovic------------Hudson----Granville

Routledge-----Riihilahti----------Hughes-----Kolkka

--------------Johnson----------Torghelle----------

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2004, 16:34
Legend

Finally, Johnson!!!!!! 1-1!!!

There was some technical problems in the first 20 minutes of the match, but everything has worked fine since. Palace has been playing great football, and IMO has been a better team today than Norwich. When Johnson scored now, it was completely deserved.

Darren Huckerby deserves to be mentioned though, he has been very dangerous for Norwich, while Wayne Routledge is having a great game for Palace. Fitz Hall has also been very involved in his first match for the club.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2004, 17:00
Legend

Norwich really played well after the goal, and a fantastic strike by Darren Huckerby was only denied by a fantastic save by Speroni. In the end both teams had 14 shots each as well, so a 1-1 draw was a fair result. Palace was impressive though, and I only hope they can play like this against teams that played in the Premiership last season as well. Also worth mentioning is that Torghelle was very active, but also missed some big chances, and that the match ended with a strike from Johnson, which easily could have gone in.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2004, 19:42 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Crystal Palace, Sampdoria
Final score

Norwich 1 (1) - 1 (0) C Palace
Huckerby 16 Johnson 73

Norwich: Green ,Helveg ,Fleming ,Charlton ,Drury ,Jonson (McVeigh ,64 ) ,Holt ,Francis ,Bentley (Edworthy ,71 ) ,Huckerby ,Svensson (McKenzie ,82 )
Subs not used: Ward,Jarvis,

C Palace: Speroni ,Boyce ,Popovic ,Hudson ,Granville ,Routledge ,Hughes (Freedman ,89 ) ,Hall (Riihilahti ,78 ) ,Kolkka (Derry ,78 ) ,Johnson ,Torghelle
Subs not used Kiraly,Black,

Bookings: Granville (C Palace)

Attendance: 23717

A good start :thmbup: I was hoping for a win but i'm happy with a draw Bit of a surprise Fitz Hall starting in midfield though, how did he play?
Waiting for our 2 minutes on Match of the Day later p
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2004, 23:54
Legend

I think Hall did a fine job, and most of all he fought hard. A couple of times he shot from impossible positions, but maybe that has to do with him being more of a defensive type instead of a type of goalscorer.

Wayne Routledge was the best Palace player on the field though, and only after Huckerby, in the fight for man of the match. He dribbled, and advanced, and always had something going for him. That he was involved in the goal was not surprising at all.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2004, 01:55
International

At least we've added a point to our cause .
I'm happy with the result, hell last season I would have been jumping for joy. I don't know if the highlights did justice, but we do have a shaky defence that needs sorting out. Torghelle looks lively. He missed two good oppotunities, but at least he got in the positions, and on the second shot he was unlucky that the goalkeeper has a big head.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2004, 20:58
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTR0
Torghelle looks lively. He missed two good oppotunities, but at least he got in the positions, and on the second shot he was unlucky that the goalkeeper has a big head.
he he
yes it was a little fortunate but he did spread himself well

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in