Gabor Kiraly ...at last!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2004, 20:35 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Crystal Palace, Sampdoria
Gabor Kiraly ...at last!!

Hungarian international goalkeeper Gabor Kiraly has signed for Crystal Palace from Hertha Berlin today. The 28-year-old joins fellow countryman Sandor Torghelle in making the switch to the Eagles.

Iain Dowie told the club's official website www.cpfc.co.uk. "He's an international keeper who has played a huge amount of times for Hungary. He's a great athlete and very, very competent on crosses and a good shot-stopper. I wanted to bring in someone that is going to push for the number one spot. I want Gabor to push Julian Speroni very, very hard."

Speaking about the move Kiraly said:

"I've made the most important decision of my life, that's why I was so patient.Crystal Palace are a young team and hungry for success. A move to England is a dream come true for me."

During seven years in Germany, Kiraly played over 200 games in the Bundesliga and Europe. He will be familiar with English league football having played against Chelsea and Fulham in Europe.

Before Hertha Berlin he was at the Hungarian side Haladas VFC Szombathely, where he started his career in 1993.

On the international stage, Kiraly has made 48 appearances including a 1-1 with England in a friendly and has appeared in World Cup and European Championship qualifying games.

Kiraly, who has a fanclub in Germany, has been playing in the Hungarian national side with other recent Palace signing Sandor Torghelle and both played in the 2-0 win away to Germany recently. Gabor also joins Sandor in being named in the Hungarian squad for the Scotland friendly at Hampden Park next week.

Last edited by EagleMart; August 13th, 2004 at 00:09.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in