Savage on Albion - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2004, 20:46 Thread Starter
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: West Brom and Arsenal. Dallas Cowboys.
Savage on Albion

Kanu can add flair at Baggies
Aug 8 2004

The Robbie Savage Column

It looks to me as if West Bromwich Albion are in very good shape ahead of the new season and I confidently expect them to survive in the Premiership this time around.

Gary Megson and the Baggies board have really pushed the boat out and the arrival of Kanu indicates that this will be a team that combines real flair with the old work ethic.

We haven't seen as much of the striker as we might have liked but there's certainly no disgrace in being kept out of a side that possesses Thierry Henry.

He's a class act and will arrive at The Hawthorns with a real hunger, given his shortage of games at Arsenal.

With my old pal Geoff Horsfield up front the team will have a real cutting edge.

I was sorry to see "Horse" leave St Andrew's but with Kanu alongside him he can look forward to a really exciting season.

That looks a terrific strike partnership and one that can really prove a handful.

On their last appearance in the Premiership the Baggies kicked off with matches against the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Leeds which was tough.

It doesn't look as daunting this time and if, as I expect, they get away to a decent start, then I think they will still be around as a Premiership club this time next year.

At the back they have Darren Purse who is a terrific competitor and very much a Megson player.

He really attacks the ball, is a great header and tackler and, with Darren Moore alongside him, is set to have a big impact on their season.

In midfield the team have two great Wales internationals and mates of mine - Jason Koumas and Andy Johnson - who can really keep things ticking over.

Megson's a good man and really looks to have got things sorted out over there and the fans are justifiably excited.

With so many personal mates at The Hawthorns I'm really hoping they can stay up and truly believe they will.

They look to me to be a team similar to the one I played in at Leicester.

There are plenty of grafters and solid players in there but more than a few who have some real flair.

Megson is a very organised manager and I can see them regularly nicking games and really giving the fans something to cheer about.

Fantasy Football? try www.freekick.org

Freddie Mia

Thomas Fortune Odemwingie
Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
Ridgewell Olson McAuley Reid
----------Foster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in