Scowcroft interest confirmed - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2004, 23:30 Thread Starter
Star Player

Scowcroft interest confirmed

Norwich boss Nigel Worthington says he is interested in signing Leicester's 28-year-old striker James Scowcroft.

Worthington told the Eastern Daily Press: "James Scowcroft is a player we have made an enquiry about.

"He is a very good player and I feel he could add something to our squad. But I must stress that it's at a very early stage at this moment in time.

"There is a lot of work still to be done," added Worthington, speaking from the club's pre-season tour of Malaysia.

Worthington is also hoping to complete a deal for Portsmouth's Linvoy Primus.

Talks to sign the defender are at an advanced stage and a deal may be finalised in time for Primus to fly out and join the squad in Kuala Lumpur.

"The Primus one is moving on," Worthington added. "Dialogue is taking place and I am hopeful an agreement can be reached.

"Nothing has been signed yet but there's still a chance he could be out here with us soon."

----------------------------------------------------------

As with Simon charlton, the signing of James Scowcroft would stengthen the squad, but imo James Scowcroft shouldn't be in Worthy's best starting XI.

Scowcroft would be a very useful squad player though, capable of getting the odd crucial goal for us.

If the Primus singing does happen, it will be interesting to see Worthy's thoughts on the best central defensive partnership.

Fleming & Mackay are very experienced and have a great understanding due to playing together for so long, but imo Primus is a very good defender and could Worthy leave him out??? ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2004, 12:23 Thread Starter
Star Player

Adams unhappy with Norwich

Leicester City boss Micky Adams is angry that Jamie Scowcroft is becoming unsettled because of Norwich's continued interested.

Canaries manager Nigel Worthington confirmed he is keen on the 28-year-old striker earlier this week.

Adams said: "I always thought Norwich City were a quality club and their manager was a quality manager but I have been bitterly disappointed.

"They are trying to unsettle one of the players at this football club."

Adams added: "I have had no offer from Norwich City for James Scowcroft and I don't expect one either.

"There is a certain etiquette as to how you do your business and they can do as much talking as they want through the papers but I will not do my business that way."

:rollani:
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2004, 20:55 Thread Starter
Star Player

NCFC respond to the Micky Adams comments

Today a statement was made by Canaries' Chief Exec' Neil Doncaster.

Basically Neil Doncaster explained that Norwich City Football Cub went about it in the right way.

He said that he first spoke to the Leicester City Cheif Exec' about the availablity of James scowcroft, who then told him to speak to Micky Adams himself :rollani:

Doncaster added: "Micky Adams quoted a figure and I said that if the figure was of interest to us I would call him back. I have not done so.

The approach for James scowcroft was a proper one, entirely in accordance with Premier League rules.

Given all this, Norwich City is upset abput Micky Adams' comments which, I believe, are entirely without foundation. "

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in